dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: April 19, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Target - Bull Moose
Price: $34.99 (Amazon - Best Buy) - $40.49 (Target) - $49.97 (Bull Moose)
Note: Heavy Metal 2000 is Blu-ray only, not 4K.
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

91qTwR0dUJL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they include this episode of South Park as a bonus feature or something.
I recently bought first 20 seasons of South Park on BD, and it's somewhere from the 12th season, so don't care.
They're in those 5 season amarays, plus were in a 3-for-2 sale, so really cheap per season, but I would rather have digipacks, like there were for DVD.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

DISC ONE: 4K BLU-RAY
  • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM APPROVED BY PRODUCER IVAN REITMAN
  • BRAND NEW DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK - a brand-new immersive experience utilizing enhanced sound effects and much more, supervised by producer Ivan Reitman
  • Also includes the 2022 mix in 5.1, and the original 1981 theatrical Dolby Stereo audio
  • NEW: Heavy Metal: A Look Back – an all-new retrospective featuring reflections from producer Ivan Reitman, famous fans Kevin Smith, Norman Reedus, and more!
DISC TWO: BLU-RAY
  • Feature presented in High Definition with 5.1 audio
  • Original Feature-Length Rough Cut with Optional Commentary by Carl Macek
  • Imagining Heavy Metal Documentary
  • Deleted Scene
  • Alternate Framing Story with Commentary
DISC THREE: BLU-RAY (HEAVY METAL 2000)
  • BRAND NEW RESTORATION OF HEAVY METAL 2000 with 5.1 audio
  • Julie Strain: Super Goddess
  • Voice Talent
  • Animation Tests
  • Animatic Comparisons

that's pricey but Amazon. will probably go down
Yeah, that's why I was worried and started complaining, when new Resident Evil movie steelbook was posted at the same price. It did come down a little towards release date, to $40.5, but it's still the highest price for a WWA steelbook on Amazon, and now we see, with this one, that it's become the new 'standard' price. No more $30-35 MSRPs.
Sure, one could say RE had artcards and this has a second title included, but I call bullshit again, it's just a first step strategy for people to get used to these prices. Since $ is going to hell, being devalued at 15% a year, it's to be expected. First you get 80% of silver in your silver coins, then 50%, then 25, and then your 'Roman empire' burns...

Last edited by a moderator: