His Dark Materials - Series 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: January 27, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99 (HMV) - £32.99 (Zoom - Zavvi) - £26.61 (Amazon)

61P+BNFd9jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jeremycanrana
So far only a UK release has been announced not seen any other countries listed yet

This is a release from BBC
So this could be WEA then. Maybe that's what @Actarus meant?

For the UK it is from BBC, however for N/A it is HBO that have the distribution rights if I am not mistaken.

I messaged HBO to see if they are planing a blu-Ray release for N/A but no response yet.

No I think the UK might be the only steel so far, N/A if released it will be an Amaray/ or collector set. But that is only my opinion.

Acres of metallic reflections but the splendid artwork doesn't look any the worse for it . . . in fact looks pretty good judging by these pics from Steelbookpro:-
1582653832685.png

1582654009982.png

1582653786672.png

happy days. :) as there weren't any pics up, and this is still available at all of the sites in the OP - amazon cheapest at time of posting - here are a few shots for anyone still pondering :Snap:.

here's your jcard :thumbs::
the wraparound artwork works very well for this, in terms of the story and image, there's a metallic sheen over the whole thing :wow::
... and the title is picked out with careful spot gloss to highlight the diagonal slash through it. more artwork pics beneath the spoiler:
the inside artwork is striking and appopriate, if a little uninspired, but it goes very well with the varying disc artwork:
but the best aspect of the inside stuff is the postcards, well made, with character shots on one side, and 'holiday cards' on the other :
all in all, this is a good standard releases of a good adaptation of a good book, so i am surprised it's atill available. bring on Series 2! :watch:

Hope series 2 gets one, but nothing so far.
There is Season 2 Blu-ray digipack release on December 28th

71fykhFxJYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product

I don't know at the moment if BBC UK have plans for a steelbook for season 2

Season 1 steelbook still available and did not sell out that might have influenced BBC decision on doing a steelbook for season 2

Season 1 and 2 were top notch.. season 3, not even meh... :confused: Gladi hold back regarding purchasing of this one. Guess they were ******** from both fronts - incomplete steelbooks and sh*tty last season.

Reactions: Bunk