HMV Vinyl Week 2016 [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Thought I'd create a thread for it since it's a yearly event and is being discussed in multiple threads.

hmv vinyl week is almost here! Starting next Monday 13 June we will have great discounts on loads of vinyl albums ready for Father's Day.

But that's not all - on Saturday 18 June we will also have an amazing selection of hmv exclusive limited edition vinyl, including coloured vinyl, plus you can get your hands on selected vinyl reissues weeks before they're available anywhere else!

The limited edition vinyl exclusives will be available in all stores and online on a first-come first-served basis (while stocks last) and today we can reveal the FULL list of exclusive titles in our vinyl line-up which will be on sale from Saturday 18 June:
  • Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols (1000 copies on pink vinyl)
  • Manic Street Preachers: Everything Must Go (1000 copies on blue vinyl)
  • Various Artists: Let's Bop – Sun Records Collection (1000 copies on black vinyl)
  • Teenage Fanclub: Bandwagonesque (500 numbered copies on 'hmv pink' vinyl)
  • The Clash: The Clash (1000 copies on green vinyl)
  • Velvet Underground: Loaded (1000 copies on white vinyl)
  • Deep Purple: In Rock (1000 copies on marbled vinyl)
  • Alex Turner: Submarine OST (500 copies on 10” black vinyl)
  • Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow: Ex Machina OST (500 copies on frosted vinyl)
  • John Martyn: Solid Air (500 copies on green vinyl)
All of the above are strictly limited edition vinyl titles available only at hmv, but as well as these exclusives we'll also be offering you the chance to get your hands on a selection of upcoming reissues weeks before they're available anywhere else, including:
  • Iron Maiden: Brave New World (first ever edition on black vinyl!)
  • Pulp: Different Class
  • Pulp: His 'n' Hers
  • Pulp: This Is Hardcore
  • Pulp: We Love Life
  • Laura Marling: Alas, I Cannot Swim
  • Laura Marling: I Speak Because I Can
  • 30 Seconds To Mars: This Is War
  • Beastie Boys: Check Your Head (Deluxe Edition, Remastered)
  • Various Artists: Guardians Of The Galaxy OST (2 LP soundtrack & film score on black vinyl)
1.jpg

Where can I buy the exclusives?
Titles will be available in-store from Saturday 18th June from opening. All stores will have a limited quantity of all the exclusives which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. Strictly no reservations. Please arrive in store early on Saturday 18th June to avoid disappointment. A very limited number of exclusives will also be available online from 9am on Saturday 18th June.

How many can I buy?
A maximum of 1 unit per title per customer can be purchased. As an example, customers are able to buy one copy of each of the exclusive albums, but wouldn't be able to buy multiple copies of the same exclusive.

What happens if I miss out on the day?
The titles are very limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. As well as the exclusives we will also have savings on selected titles.

Ex MACHINA will be £22.99 so I'm guessing others will be simular prices

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Are you going to try and order any online @Noodles?

I would really like to know what's actually different with the submarine vinyl or is it just the limited to 500 thing

Considering you can pick it up off eBay for £10-£15 and it's still 10" plus i have a feeling the Hmv version will be much more than the bay prices

By the way I was told that there will be no links to the vinyl before 9am but there will be a banner on the homepage that you can access from 9am and it directs you to them

Is the ex MACHINA vinyl soundtrack worth getting? I love the film and I've seen photos of the other versions but I wondered if the sleeve has a nice material used for it or something plus I really like the look of the blue speckeled version much more than the image of this frosted one.
Also £22.99 is quite high but I suppose the frosted vinyl is limited. Do kinda wish the vinyl was a better colour/ effect

Are you going to try and order any online @Noodles?

I would really like to know what's actually different with the submarine vinyl or is it just the limited to 500 thing

Considering you can pick it up off eBay for £10-£15 and it's still 10" plus i have a feeling the Hmv version will be much more than the bay prices

By the way I was told that there will be no links to the vinyl before 9am but there will be a banner on the homepage that you can access from 9am and it directs you to them

Is the ex MACHINA vinyl soundtrack worth getting? I love the film and I've seen photos of the other versions but I wondered if the sleeve has a nice material used for it or something plus I really like the look of the blue speckeled version much more than the image of this frosted one.
Also £22.99 is quite high but I suppose the frosted vinyl is limited. Do kinda wish the vinyl was a better colour/ effect
I ordered the Ex Machina vinyl - as far as I know it's exactly the same as the other versions... apart from the vinyl itself, obviously. I prefer the original clear & blue one too, but that's long sold out and quite pricey now, so HMV's clear version is the next best thing IMO.

I'm curious about the Submarine vinyl too and have asked them via social media what's exclusive about it... had no reply yet. I already have the standard black version, so I'll probably pass on it either way.

@Flloydo You can see their Ex Machina and Submarine exclusives (along with some others) here mate...

He pretty much just passes by the Submarine one, which makes me think it's just a repressing of the black version.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I ordered the Ex Machina vinyl - as far as I know it's exactly the same as the other versions... apart from the vinyl itself, obviously. I prefer the original clear & blue one too, but that's long sold out and quite pricey now, so HMV's clear version is the next best thing IMO.

I'm curious about the Submarine vinyl too and have asked them via social media what's exclusive about it... had no reply yet. I already have the standard black version, so I'll probably pass on it either way.

Ahhh I've just woke up, had one in my basket and just went to check out and it's sold out.
Damn

Can't believe it was still in stock when I came online

So dissapointed it sold out as I was checking out. :(

set an email notification but I don't think any will go back up online

Can't believe it was still in stock when I came online

So dissapointed it sold out as I was checking out. :(

set an email notification but I don't think any will go back up online
Sorry to hear you missed out dude. :(

The site was laggy as hell, so I'm surprised I even managed to secure one. I tried ordering a few copies for people on here, but it wouldn't let me... not sure if ordering them separately would've worked, as they'd sold out by the time the checkout page loaded. (n)

• Thanks
Sorry to hear you missed out dude. :(

The site was laggy as hell, so I'm surprised I even managed to secure one. I tried ordering a few copies for people on here, but it wouldn't let me... not sure if ordering them separately would've worked, as they'd sold out by the time the checkout page loaded. (n)

It was in my basket for a min or 2 whilst I had a quick look at the price drop vinyls and then it sold out. but I didn't add it to my basket until about 9.40 and I'm surprised it was still avalibale then

I am gutted though, I wanted this.
Now debating on the compound grey but can't find photos anywhere!!

• Thanks
It was in my basket for a min or 2 whilst I had a quick look at the price drop vinyls and then it sold out. but I didn't add it to my basket until about 9.40
Ahh rookie mistake there dude lol. Always go straight to checkout with these types of things!

I was online at dead on 9AM... took them a minute or two to get things live, but once it was up everything was running fine, then the site suddenly started going slow and timing out as soon as I got to the checkout. I had to refresh a couple of times, and it even timed out after I'd paid (it was 9:15 by this point), so I wasn't sure my order actually went through until I received an email to confirm it.

Tried ordering a second copy after that, but the site was still running like a drunken slug and so it'd sold out completely by the time I got to checkout again. Really annoying that copies are already appearing on eBay for triple the price! :angry:

• Thanks
Ahh rookie mistake there dude lol. Always go straight to checkout with these types of things!

I was online at dead on 9AM... took them a minute or two to get things live, but once it was up everything was running fine, then the site suddenly started going slow and timing out as soon as I got to the checkout. I had to refresh a couple of times, and it even timed out after I'd paid (it was 9:15 by this point), so I wasn't sure my order actually went through until I received an email to confirm it.

Tried ordering a second copy after that, but the site was still running like a drunken slug and so it'd sold out completely by the time I got to checkout again. Really annoying that copies are already appearing on eBay for triple the price! :angry:

Yeah it was rookie, but because it was still availiable 40 mins later I thought I might be safe a minute

Yeah I've seen them on bay for those prices. Ridicolus

If you find any photos or a vid of the compound grey version can you let me know please. I can only find the image from invada and I wouldn't mind seeing in hand photos so I can decide. I think the grey might look ok

• Thanks
Yeah it was rookie, but because it was still availiable 40 mins later I thought I might be safe a minute

Yeah I've seen them on bay for those prices. Ridicolus

If you find any photos or a vid of the compound grey version can you let me know please. I can only find the image from invada and I wouldn't mind seeing in hand photos so I can decide. I think the grey might look ok
Like I just said to @dan8885 via PM... with the amount of reissues it's already had (clear & blue, white, blue, grey), I wouldn't be surprised if someone (probably Invada themselves) releases another exclusive coloured version (possibly something even nicer) somewhere down the line. Obviously don't just take my word for it though!

Had a quick look for photos/videos of the compound grey version, but can't find anything... will keep an eye out. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
@Noodles @Flloydo Sorry you guys had problems it was on twitter that the HMV site had crashed.
Well i dragged myself out of bed and my good lady ran me down to my local HMV at 8.45 and there were only 5 people outside but they didn't really form any sort of queue so i was 3rd person in the shop :woot:
Couldn't Believe it I Got Ex-Machina:drool:
they only had 3 instore
Also got the coloured ones
Sex Pistols(Pink),
Velvets(White)
Manics(Blue)
Deep Purple(Marble)
I passed on Guardians deluxe Edition.
I shifted some steels & stuff on Ebay this week so that paid for todays haul.It's bad that there was stuff on Ebay within an hour of HMV opening though.

@Noodles @Flloydo Sorry you guys had problems it was on twitter that the HMV site had crashed.
Well i dragged myself out of bed and my good lady ran me down to my local HMV at 8.45 and there were only 5 people outside but they didn't really form any sort of queue so i was 3rd person in the shop :woot:
Couldn't Believe it I Got Ex-Machina:drool:
they only had 3 instore
Also got the coloured ones
Sex Pistols(Pink),
Velvets(White)
Manics(Blue)
Deep Purple(Marble)
I passed on Guardians deluxe Edition.
I shifted some steels & stuff on Ebay this week so that paid for todays haul.It's bad that there was stuff on Ebay within an hour of HMV opening though.

Think I see a ex MACHINA for £65 on the bay. No way I'm paying that. I'm swaying toward the compound grey now. But I need to see pictures first. I've emailed invada

Well done on the haul. Very cool. The pink and move vinyls look incredible. I would of got submarine if it was a coloured vinyl and £10.99 wasn't bad.

They have some decent vinyl on the site for £9.99 like smiths, Rolling Stones, zeplin etc

Like I just said to @dan8885 via PM... with the amount of reissues it's already had (clear & blue, white, blue, grey), I wouldn't be surprised if someone (probably Invada themselves) releases another exclusive coloured version (possibly something even nicer) somewhere down the line. Obviously don't just take my word for it though!

Had a quick look for photos/videos of the compound grey version, but can't find anything... will keep an eye out. ;)

Maybe but that's like 4/ 5 variants now so I doubt it will happen.

I've been looking all morning and I find it strange there are no pictures!! Very odd