House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Feb 29, 2020
England
Release date: December 20, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $49.96

8181eSqHjNL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wait til the show's over and done with then buy the CE set like I did with GoT... saves a lot of faffing around.

thanks for the tag m8!! hope they use real art this time around, but @Noodles has a point.. the GoT CE made all previous editions obsolete for me
Tbf I thought the same. I’ve even considered selling my GoT steels.

I’ll 100% not get them if they copy the thrones designs. So boring

But after that last episode. I witnessed one of the greatest thrones performances ever so I’ll defo be investing into this series somehow. And thankfully it shouldn’t stretch over 4 seasons

Tbf I thought the same. I’ve even considered selling my GoT steels.

I’ll 100% not get them if they copy the thrones designs. So boring

But after that last episode. I witnessed one of the greatest thrones performances ever so I’ll defo be investing into this series somehow. And thankfully it shouldn’t stretch over 4 seasons
I actually like the Thrones steels and was very tempted to collect them, but then they released the CE and it was a no-brainer at that point.

You can obviously always buy now and sell later anyway... and who knows, maybe the CE will suck this time around lol.

P.S. How many episodes are left? I'm dying to watch it, but wanted to wait til the first season is done so I can binge it.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I actually like the Thrones steels and was very tempted to collect them, but then they released the CE and it was a no-brainer at that point.

You can obviously always buy now and sell later anyway... and who knows, maybe the CE will suck this time around lol.

P.S. How many episodes are left? I'm dying to watch it, but wanted to wait til the first season is done so I can binge it.
2 left

Reactions: Noodles

Nah man those steelbooks are dogsh!t and I’m reminded of them every day. Only saving grace is the spines. And having the big boy near them makes them look even sh!tter.

So if they decide to go that route again I’ll take my chances with the special edition housing it all.

After this first series, and the rumour of it being complete in about 4 series with this high standard just like thrones then I’m sure they’ll put a lot of love into CE again

Nah man those steelbooks are dogsh!t and I’m reminded of them every day. Only saving grace is the spines. And having the big boy near them makes them look even sh!tter.

So if they decide to go that route again I’ll take my chances with the special edition housing it all.

After this first series, and the rumour of it being complete in about 4 series with this high standard just like thrones then I’m sure they’ll put a lot of love into CE again
only way id consider buying them is if they looked good each on their own, i.e. no sh1tty plastic case and no boring art that only makes sense because theyre part of a set

only way id consider buying them is if they looked good each on their own, i.e. no sh1tty plastic case and no boring art that only makes sense because theyre part of a set
I would like poster art on the steels. I’d buy them that way. Please not the non connecting map

Reactions: hatredhorror
No Way Reaction GIF by Bounce

Most of the official poster artwork for GoT was boring. The sigils were great and the maps from the OP made them perfect for the SteelBooks!

You international folk clearly missed the got milk? ads. The Collector‘s Edition SteelBooks look like Game of Thrones GOT Milk? campaign. All they need is a “Milk?” sticker. :hilarious:
Food Reaction GIF by Travis
taylor swift got milk GIF
alexander hamilton got milk GIF

I guess it’s to go with their coffee. :D
19C203E3-75CD-466E-BE11-B8036EB4E30A.jpeg

No way I'm buying stacked discs.
UK release should be better then, if it's really 4 discs. Plus cards and fullslip.
I would have considered importing the French one, but didn’t want to give up the digital code.

If the blu rays and 4K discs have identical content with the special features, I might just modify it into 4-disc steelbook with a flipper case and give the blu-ray discs to my sister.

The bigger question for me now is whether to bother going to Best Buy to see if any seem undamaged or just have bull moose ship me a copy.