I finally found it! My “holy grail”!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
The fine folks at /r/steelbooks have a good idea that I think could work well here.

Share a picture or pictures of your most recent “grail” discovery.

A “GRAIL” is an edition that might have taken you a while to find, has a good story about how you found it, or is important to you in some way. Grail does NOT indicate value. A $5 find at a thrift store could be a grail to you!

1) where you found it (RETAILER, MARKETPLACE, THRIFT STORE, etc)
2) who produced the edition (if it's a premium or retailer exclusive, please note to help other members! Filmarena, Reel Synergy, BluFans, Zavvi Exclusive, etc)
3) your own picture
4) share your story, if you can!
5) (optional) if you traded for it, what was the trade or how much you might have purchased it for.

INITIAL THREAD GIVEAWAY DETAILS
To kick off this thread and to keep it going, there will be at least one giveaway, maybe more if there’s enough participation!

The more grails you post in single / individual posts, the better chances become!

Prize list:

1 winners of 4k Blu-ray COMPLETE Indiana Jones set
2 winners of 4k Blu-ray Godfather Trilogy set

Last edited:
i want to post pics of my holy grail too, but which one? i only own grails!
Hungry Thanksgiving GIF by Looney Tunes

As an example of what I meant by changing packaging of a TV series, another set I treasure, La Femme Nikita:

LaFemmeNikitaS5R1V6.jpg

First three seasons were released in this kind of rare type of packaging with thick plastic trays as 'pages' in a sort of a digibook - don't know what it's called:

LaFemmeNikitaS2R1V8.jpg

LaFemmeNikitaS3R1V8.jpg

LaFemmeNikitaS2R1V5.jpg

LaFemmeNikitaS3R1V5.jpg

But the 4th season was a regular digipack:

LaFemmeNikitaS4R1V5.jpg

And the 5th just slim 'amarays':

LaFemmeNikitaS5R1V1.jpg

So it looks like this, and that was the case with many series, going from digipacks to even 1 regular sized amaray with stacked discs.

LaFemmeNikitaS5R1V5.jpg
Absolutely epic mate, are they US editions?

Absolutely epic mate, are they US editions?
I bought all of them from Canada - back then they shipped internationally - but they probably were available for some time in the US as well.

That same period, first half of 2000s, and also from Warner, the main experimentalists with various packaging, there were seasons of Babylon 5 in the same form, and they were sold in US:

Babylon5S1R1V8.jpg
Babylon5S3R1V8.jpg

Babylon5S4R1V3.jpg
Babylon5S5R1V4.jpg

CrusadeCompSeriesR1V6.jpg
Babylon5LostTalesR1V3.jpg

hi all! loving these photos and posts that have happened.

wanted to give you a very quick update from my end. I've decided to reorganize my home office, so everything is boxed up and put away. Unfortunately it's become a MUCH bigger task that I had originally planned
so it's going to be at least 2-3 weeks before I award the original prizes I mentioned.

Also expect that I'll be adding some of the original Lionsgate from Best Buy as well, so there will be a few more steelbooks you can win.

Thank you again for participating and please keep them coming!

I think this French LCE of Seven, released almost 13 years ago, is pretty unique, because it contains whole 7 separate comics about each of the 7 sins, expanding on the stories of characters from the movie. All in English too!
There never was such an edition for any movie, before or after:

SevenLCEBDFR002.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR009.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR007.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR010.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR011.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR012.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR016.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR022.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR026.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR029.JPG

I think this French LCE of Seven, released almost 13 years ago, is pretty unique, because it contains whole 7 separate comics about each of the 7 sins, expanding on the stories of characters from the movie. All in English too!

SevenLCEBDFR002.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR009.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR007.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR010.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR011.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR012.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR016.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR022.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR026.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR029.JPG
That's an awesome set. What a great find to have in your archive.

Reactions: Lenny Nero

SevenLCEBDFR002.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR009.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR007.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR010.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR011.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR012.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR016.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR022.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR026.JPG

SevenLCEBDFR029.JPG
Keep em coming! thanks to you I been on the lookout for the Nikita Dvd set, this Seven Box set, that beautiful Panic room dvd set, the sucker punch book I found and ordered, Babylon 5 set etc
Never knew those editions existed, these holy grail posts are brilliant

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Keep em coming! thanks to you I been on the lookout for the Nikita Dvd set, this Seven Box set, that beautiful Panic room dvd set, the sucker punch book I found and ordered, Babylon 5 set etc
Never knew those editions existed, these holy grail posts are brilliant
Oh wow, that's like the best thing I could read about my posts, really happy to turn someone towards those, even 10+ years later, when they're hard to get.

Another great studio boxset, from the time before 'premium' releases, but probably more known, US release, that many people got: Dirty Harry UCE. Poster cards, document replicas, hardcover booklet, a freaking full-size badge, etc.

These are old photos, so been edited for a forum with 600×800 pixel restriction.

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV5.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV6.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV9.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV12.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV14.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV15.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV16.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV21.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV26.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV24.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV25.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV27.jpg