Inception (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #133) [Czech Republic]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: June 19, 2020
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc
Note: Limited to 751 copies

5AC4F355-2573-40A9-909F-1E334B09B975.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine. The lenticular is awful. (n) In fact I'd go as far as to say it's probably one of the worst in my collection.

It's more pixely than a Commodore 64 game! I mean just look at your photo of the rear of the DL......

I keep hearing about how Filmarenas lenticulars are getting better, however, whenever I get one they are so poor.

Anyone want to trade for the HDZETA edition? :naughty:

Thanks for the honesty :woot: :thumbs: :thumbs:

You may be right
But
Without the HDzeta in hand to compare I cannot say that for certain.
He is not right, he went extreme. I agree HDZ is a little better overall, but it's not night and day at all. They're pretty close. In fact there's a couple things FAC got right over HDZ, as well as some where HDZ got the upper hand.
For example, in the FAC the characters are at different depths whereas on the HDZ they are closer together in terms of depth, if that makes sense. But on the other hand the art is better suited for a lenti and the characters are facing forward. That's also nice.

I like both retailers but from what I can see the front and rear slip arts on Filmarena match nicer and appear to be cropped better. I also think the image on the collector's folder looks really classy.
Zeta's looks nice too but my preference for overall artwork goes to FA.

I can't comment on the lenti quality for these particular releases though.

Reactions: djjez83
I guess going back and comparing the two editions I stand corrected. Yes, Filmarena wins for the overall package.

Lenti magnet, 3 discs etc... Also I don't like the holofoil image used on the rear of Zetas slip. Looks like I'll open it up after all! :p

I just wish FA could get their lentis right.......

Reactions: DMD4k
Just got mine. The lenticular is awful. (n) In fact I'd go as far as to say it's probably one of the worst in my collection.

It's more pixely than a Commodore 64 game! I mean just look at your photo of the rear of the DL......

I keep hearing about how Filmarenas lenticulars are getting better, however, whenever I get one they are so poor.

Anyone want to trade for the HDZETA edition? :naughty:
Maybe Filmarena should focus more on full slips? This isn't directed at Filmarena, but I do think that premium steelbook retailers are too obsessed with releasing lenticular slips. This lenticular trend has gotten out of hand in my opinion. A lot of times a nice full slip with full gloss or spot gloss and embossing just looks better and more classy.

Maybe Filmarena should focus more on full slips? This isn't directed at Filmarena, but I do think that premium steelbook retailers are too obsessed with releasing lenticular slips. This lenticular trend has gotten out of hand in my opinion. A lot of times a nice full slip with full gloss or spot gloss and embossing just looks better and more classy.
Totally agree with you :thumbs:

I miss early(or lately the one in a while) FAC with the “velvet feel like finish” on Fullslip with embossing or debossing...they felt so luxurious :drool:

I absolutely agree.

Even some one click boxes themselves have a lenti finish in addition to the DL and SL inside them.

I get variety in terms of DL, SL and FS
i.e. a different edition each, but it's not necessary to do that all of the time.
Having 2 Full Slips and a Single Lenti would be fine. In fact, there are numerous options to mix things up a bit for different releases but it does feel as though it's slipped into this 'set format'.

Off the top of my head some great FS examples from Filmarena in particular are Venom and the Triptych Homecoming release (clever marketing).
Mantalab The Revenant comes to mind too
and even the 'FS finish' on the rear of a lenti slip are sometimes nicer than the lenti itself.

I miss early(or lately the one in a while) FAC with the “velvet feel like finish” on Fullslip with embossing or debossing...they felt so luxurious :drool:
I miss the satin finish too, my favorite. They still use it but far and few now.
i made a note of it when someone mentioned it before, i think you mean the (clears throat) "Soft Touch Aqueous." :wow: great name. lovely finish, felt just like luxury, as you say @Actarus. white glove territory, though! :D

I’m gutted I don’t own this or the zeta version or both! :(

I prefer the zeta package and it’s the one I want the most but I really like how this has turned out too.

I’ve given up on the thought of owning them.... as I write this