Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 19, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes Mini Poster

Crystal Skull.jpg

13908575-4664972627374633.jpg
13908575-3744972627439463.jpg

13908575-1594972627551483.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz85
So this one is also the same, as the older European steel with embossing, no need to buy it then.
Artwork still TBC

It's possible will be as shown with the Nordic listing but until we see USA or UK artwork with mini poster image etc that shows the front/back/inside only then will the artwork be confirmed

It's unlikely the steelbook will be embossed going by the other Indiana Jones 4K UHD steelbooks as they not embossed

It's unlikely the steelbook will be embossed going by the other Indiana Jones 4K UHD steelbooks as they not embossed

I know you're still in beta learning mode, Skynet, but I meant the art used seems to be the same, not that I expect it to be embossed. Instead I know it won't be, thus making that older steelbook better again, as was with Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The middle two films, Temple of Doom, and The Last Crusade, didn't use full original poster art that time, so even though they're embossed and glossy, art on new ones is better/different, putting people that already have that older set, and UHD discs of all movies, in a predicament.

I meant the art used seems to be the same, not that I expect it to be embossed. Instead I know it won't be, thus making that older steelbook better again, as was with Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The middle two films, Temple of Doom, and The Last Crusade, didn't use full original poster art that time, so even though they're embossed and glossy, art on new ones is better/different, putting people that already have that older set, and UHD discs of all movies, in a predicament.
You quoted this one is also the same, as the older European steel with embossing, no need to buy it then. Post#6

As it's not going to be embossed it's not the same steelbook and you not seen the back/inside artwork yet
Also the front artwork of the 4K steelbook is not the exact same as 2014 Zavvi steelbook there is differences

What should have said was so far front artwork looks similar to the 2014 Zavvi UK steelbook

Raiders of the lost Ark 4K steelbook is not the same as the 2014 Zavvi steelbook as it has differences on the front artwork and has totally different back artwork

A same steelbook is when front/back/inside and finish used are the exact same as a previous steelbook
Any differences on a new steelbook in regards to artwork used would mean is a different steelbook

All of the new 4K UHD steelbooks are different to the 2014 Blu-ray steelbooks in terms of front artwork/back artwork and finish used

So I never actually got around to watching this. Is it really as bad as people say? Should I skip it or is it at least worth getting to complete the set?

So I never actually got around to watching this. Is it really as bad as people say? Should I skip it or is it at least worth getting to complete the set?

No its not as bad as people say, even though it has problems and is easily the least of the four. Its good enough to be canon. In my opinion the bulk of the problems stem from Lucas and Spielberg not agreeing on the general premise. Lucas wanted aliens, Spielberg didnt, so Lucas made them "inter dimensional beings". And the movie has too many fantastical death defying stunts in too small of a period of time. The big defense is that the previous movies also had that, but I dont think there were as many of them and they were more thinly spread out. Fortunately the new remastered 4k version makes it look more like the previous three than it did before.

I can guarantee its better than Indy 5 will be.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
No its not as bad as people say, even though it has problems and is easily the least of the four. Its good enough to be canon. In my opinion the bulk of the problems stem from Lucas and Spielberg not agreeing on the general premise. Lucas wanted aliens, Spielberg didnt, so Lucas made them "inter dimensional beings". And the movie has too many fantastical death defying stunts in too small of a period of time. The big defense is that the previous movies also had that, but I dont think there were as many of them and they were more thinly spread out. Fortunately the new remastered 4k version makes it look more like the previous three than it did before.

I can guarantee its better than Indy 5 will be.
I'll probably get it then for the sake of completion lol.

Amazon UK

UK delivery address at the moment

In next few days/weeks delivery address outside UK should see available to pre order

Amazon price will be £24.99 before release date

All the shipping delays at Zavvi right now and I'm reading on another site that a couple of people in the Netherlands received shipping notices for this today. 10 days before release.