Inglourious Basterds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: October 18, 2021 (Edition 1) - November 15, 2021 (Edition 2 - Complete Edition)
Purchase links: Collectors Edition #1 - Collectors Edition #2 - Complete Basterds Edition
Price: £39.99 (Edition 1 - Edition 2) - £89.99 (Complete Edition)
Notes: Each edition is individually numbered & limited to only 1000

ib_1.jpg
ib_2.jpg
ib_3.jpg

Collectors Edition #1
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Steelbook
  • 36-Page Photo booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Character Cards

Collectors Edition #2
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Engraved Rifle (deboss) Steelbook
  • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Playing Cards

Complete Basterds Edition
  • Rigid Jacket Slipcase with Foil Stamped Title & Magnet Close
  • Full-Colour Inner Jacket Wrap & Hidden Drawer to house elements exclusive to Complete Basterds Edition:
    • Individually Numbered (embossed) Card XXXX / 1000
    • Acetate Collector’s Card
    • Cast Poster
  • Collector’s Edition #1 & #2, as above, including
    • 36-Page Photo booklet
    • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
    • 8 x Art Cards housed in x2 Envelope
    • 8 x Character Cards
    • 8 x Playing Cards

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s the moving image that is important. The extra definition and pixels don’t always show on screen grabs. The hdr and extra richness in colour etc might really shine. You‘ll have to judge it for yourself. It would be nice to hear about the bit rate or size of the disc. If this is one of your fave movies I would imagine you’ll be happy with the upgrade even if it’s not demo worthy.

It’s the moving image that is important. The extra definition and pixels don’t always show on screen grabs. The hdr and extra richness in colour etc might really shine. You‘ll have to judge it for yourself. It would be nice to hear about the bit rate or size of the disc. If this is one of your fave movies I would imagine you’ll be happy with the upgrade even if it’s not demo worthy.
About the disc specs, the average bitrate is 49.4 Mb/s, and with all the subtitles the size is 57.3 GiB.

@paulboland you are normally spot on if something is going to sell out during preorder. Do you think Zavvi will be able to sell 1,000 of the boxsetsr? I'm leaning towards canceling my preorder,
I already have a few boxsets from Zavvi that I certainly wished I had passed on or gotten later at a better price. Although this looks more substantial than previous boxsets.

@paulboland you are normally spot on if something is going to sell out during preorder. Do you think Zavvi will be able to sell 1,000 of the boxsetsr? I'm leaning towards canceling my preorder,
I already have a few boxsets from Zavvi that I certainly wished I had passed on or gotten later at a better price. Although this looks more substantial than previous boxsets.
Edition 1 and 2 are red carpet only at the moment

The complete box set not come back available yet
And that edition sold out the fastest so if any do come back as available won't last long

Reactions: Jaxxx
So whats the quality like? Worth keeping my complete basterds order?

I ordered the CX Media release so think I might just cancel Zavvi

Waiting for my edition, but ... Zavvi doesn't work for me, any problem?
If you mean by links on Zavvi website not working for you that is because only red carpet subscribers at the moment can access the listings on Zavvi website and order edition 1 or edition 2 since they came back available to order

Those who don't have red carpet will be redirected to Zavvi home page that is normal

Edition 1 release date is October 18th

Edition 2 and Complete Edition release date is November 15th

Did you already do an order or are you only trying now to do an order
If you already did an order what edition

If you not ordered already and want to order Edition 1
If you not red carpet subscriber and want to order edition 1 now as it's now released and instock
You can use the quick buy trick to get around red carpet
Goto Zavvi website steelbooks sort by newest when you see Edition 1 click quick buy only and it will add to basket you can then complete checkout
Don't click on listing itself or links from this thread as all that will do it take you to Zavvi home page

If you want to order edition 2 or complete you will have to wait until November 15 or after and if still in stock by then to use the quick buy trick

Reactions: Jaxxx
Well not terrible then. not As good as some obviously but it will be better than standard blu ray.
It's mastered from the same 2K scan as the blu-ray then upscaled. Obviously has HDR10+ too, so the colours will be better. So it's better than the blu-ray but not as good as a proper 4K scan would be. Bitrate of the video is fairly low, but it's doesn't need to be any higher. I'm still pretty happy with it on my set-up as the HDR definitely improves it.

Reactions: goufcustom
It's mastered from the same 2K scan as the blu-ray then upscaled. Obviously has HDR10+ too, so the colours will be better. So it's better than the blu-ray but not as good as a proper 4K scan would be. Bitrate of the video is fairly low, but it's doesn't need to be any higher. I'm still pretty happy with it on my set-up as the HDR definitely improves it.
It’s always a shame when they don’t put the effort in, especially if it’s one of your fave movies. I suppose any improvement is better than none. As long as the negative exists, there’s always hope for the future.

Reactions: davhyl
I just cancelled my deluxe set (the £90 one) and just ordered the better of the two which is being released on the 15th November. So it'll do me until a better pressing comes along.

Looks like edition 1 and 2 are back In stock/available to preorder for everyone right now
It's red carpet subscribers only at the moment that can use the links
Edition 1 and 2 been back available on Zavvi website since last week

If you don't have red carpet the links will just take you to Zavvi home page

If a member don't have red carpet
You can though use the quick buy trick on Edition 1 if you not a red carpet subscriber as it's release date and in stock
Only click quick buy on Zavvi website to add to basket but don't click on the link or listing itself as that will just take you to zavvi home page
Once it in basket you can complete checkout

Edition 2 and complete edition Quick Buy trick won't work until November 15th release date or after if in stock on that day unless Zavvi make available to all before this

Reactions: Lord Vader
All countries 4K release

Blu-ray is same disc used in previous Blu-ray releases from 2009

4K UHD disc has extra not on Blu-ray release
New York Times Talks" discussion with Quentin Tarantino and New York Times Magazine editor-at-large Lynn Hirschberg, August 2009

The above extra was included on a bonus DVD disc with Best Buy Blu-ray amaray exclusive back in 2009