Inglourious Basterds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: October 18, 2021 (Edition 1) - November 15, 2021 (Edition 2 - Complete Edition)
Purchase links: Collectors Edition #1 - Collectors Edition #2 - Complete Basterds Edition
Price: £39.99 (Edition 1 - Edition 2) - £89.99 (Complete Edition)
Notes: Each edition is individually numbered & limited to only 1000

ib_1.jpg
ib_2.jpg
ib_3.jpg

Collectors Edition #1
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Steelbook
  • 36-Page Photo booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Character Cards

Collectors Edition #2
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Engraved Rifle (deboss) Steelbook
  • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Playing Cards

Complete Basterds Edition
  • Rigid Jacket Slipcase with Foil Stamped Title & Magnet Close
  • Full-Colour Inner Jacket Wrap & Hidden Drawer to house elements exclusive to Complete Basterds Edition:
    • Individually Numbered (embossed) Card XXXX / 1000
    • Acetate Collector’s Card
    • Cast Poster
  • Collector’s Edition #1 & #2, as above, including
    • 36-Page Photo booklet
    • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
    • 8 x Art Cards housed in x2 Envelope
    • 8 x Character Cards
    • 8 x Playing Cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine today and actually really surprised by the quality of the booklet (better than the Manta) and the cards. The steel is far from the Manta but it is not bad (just flat) and the slip is ok (far of course from Manta or nova... but kind of ok).
Hope the 4k version is good

Reactions: Lutzo and jasong
If you mean by links on Zavvi website not working for you that is because only red carpet subscribers at the moment can access the listings on Zavvi website and order edition 1 or edition 2 since they came back available to order

Those who don't have red carpet will be redirected to Zavvi home page that is normal

Edition 1 release date is October 18th

Edition 2 and Complete Edition release date is November 15th

Did you already do an order or are you only trying now to do an order
If you already did an order what edition

If you not ordered already and want to order Edition 1
If you not red carpet subscriber and want to order edition 1 now as it's now released and instock
You can use the quick buy trick to get around red carpet
Goto Zavvi website steelbooks sort by newest when you see Edition 1 click quick buy only and it will add to basket you can then complete checkout
Don't click on listing itself or links from this thread as all that will do it take you to Zavvi home page

If you want to order edition 2 or complete you will have to wait until November 15 or after and if still in stock by then to use the quick buy trick
Thanks, the web didn't work for me. I reserve the 3 editions in the pre-order, E1 is on the way ... and waiting for the other editions

Some 4K screenshots of the movie, from HighDefDiscNews.
Doesn't look that bad.
inglourious_basterds_4k_03.png

inglourious_basterds_4k_12.png

inglourious_basterds_4k_21.png

inglourious_basterds_4k_36.png

inglourious_basterds_4k_34.png
watching UHD i always judge PQ myself (never believe the nay-sayers and especially those youtubers anyway) i think UHD was really good but not great, details are better than 1080 BD counterpart, more deeper black, vibrant, HDR is nice but i think it might be too bright but if i need to choose between UHD and BD i'll always goes with this UHD (till we have better release anyway of course)

Last edited:
watching UHD i always judge PQ myself (never believe the nay-sayers and especially those youtubers anyway) i think UHD was really good but not great, details are better than 1080 BD counterpart, more deeper black, vibrant, HDR is nice but i think it might be too bright but if i need to choose between UHD and BD i'll always goes with this UHD (till we have better release anyway of course)
By all accounts this is actually a very good release. Other sites have all given this great scores. Maybe not top tier but up there.

Reactions: goufcustom
Got this today what's the red box at side of steelbook the booklet? is it a box holding the booklet and cards and im taking it should be flat on up and down the spine?
Mine turned up today no idea if steelbook is ok probably is fine and no sign of damage to the slipbox it's housed in.
But the red box or booket whatever is not sitting flat its folded over like its been squashed. Weird how nothing else looks squashed, the red box is obviously not full
I was getting used to zavvi using these brown fold over boxes and stuff arriving ok but this is very annoying to be honest.
I suppose it could be worse slipbox damaged etc but money paid for it im sure not happy.

It's not damaged,
It's the opening side of the folder containing the cards so that's where the fold is.

If you open it you'll see it actually sits flat but you may, however, be choosing to keep it sealed.

No damage, though...

It's not damaged,
It's the opening side of the folder containing the cards so that's where the fold is.

If you open it you'll see it actually sits flat but you may, however, be choosing to keep it sealed.

No damage, though...
Yes staying sealed for now but are you sure looks weird to me , as if it was a box partly empty and with weight placed on it squashed one end, yes open end of slip outwards with strange fold.
Was trying to see an unboxing to see how it is but nobody has done this one yet.

I can 100% guarantee you have nothing to be concerned about its definitely just the way the folders sitting inside the fullslip and straightens out once removed...
Well that's good to hear as i thought was weird how this was folded over but yet slipbox was ok, but still a bit weird its been done like that to be honest.
Surprised the u tubers out there not done an unboxing yet of it.

Sigh still can’t decide if this preorder for the Bastards Edition is worth keeping?
I’ve bought quite a few box sets from Zavvi over the years, most that I wish I had waited past the preorder and skipped the release or waited and gotten it cheaper

I thought billing 10 days in advance was just typical rude company behaviour.
That's zavvi for you they don't give a crap, it surprises me after so long in business they still around.
Yep i still buy from them but way less than i used to more so limited edition ones.
I ordered 13 single edition arrow titles from there sale as worked out better shipping costs and having heard issues oñ arrow site.
I did two orders to get the max discount on both.
Ordered 24th oct and said awaiting dispatch 25th oct i never even looked till a bit later and messageed them asking why my awaiting dispatch days later.
They said will contact warehouse and days had passed with still no update so messaged again and they said it was there fault there end not warehouse.
You would think this was a new company amateur they are, they said they be dispatched im 3 to 5 working days so the wait continues.
I could have had my order by now to other side of world.
Im still expecting them to cancel both orders which i got on the sale after all this time and make some excuse which will get me going.
The hut group are buying to many companies which zavvi are part of and it's only going to get worse.
Why arrow sold to the hut i have no idea and was the rumours of everythingblu right that the hut took them over as well, would not surprise me.

Reactions: jailbird_joey