Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What would like look your top 10 then?

Before I graduated high school, we rented vhs and didn’t have cable tv, saw new films like once a year in the theater

1) Predator
2) Empire Strikes Back
3) Die Hard
4) Jaws
5) The Road Warrior
6) Raiders
7) Star Wars
8) Terminator 2
9) The Magnificent Seven
10) The Matrix

For my current top 10, you’ll have to work a bit harder for those…

He’s only made 10 films (with an 11th this year) so it automatically hits the top 10 list of his own films by default lol
Wow, look at you, you spotted an exaggeration :scat:.

Interstellar is a solid film with lots and lots of flaws (brilliant scientists explaining to each other how a black hole works 2 minutes before entering one....dude seeing his 100 year old daughter again who saved the world and then just leaves her again after 2 minutes to look for Anne Hathaway who doesn't give a sh*t about him and then end it up with a cheesy "love is super important" message. I could go on for hours about NASA just waiting for years for a pilot until he accidentally finds THEM or the father-son relationship ( )).....and that is off memory while driving......

The only good explanation to put Interstellar in a Top10 films of all time list if you only have seen 10 films....

Interstellar is a solid film with lots and lots of flaws (brilliant scientists explaining to each other how a black hole works 2 minutes before entering one....dude seeing his 100 year old daughter again who saved the world and then just leaves her again after 2 minutes to look for Anne Hathaway who doesn't give a sh*t about him and then end it up with a cheesy "love is super important" message. I could go on for hours about NASA just waiting for years for a pilot until he accidentally finds THEM or the father-son relationship ( )).....and that is off memory while driving......

The only good explanation to put Interstellar in a Top10 films of all time list if you only have seen 10 films....
I think you’ve replied to the wrong person

Yeah, I was also wondering for long time why some personages on the screen explain something so simple or obvious, then I figured out (reaching a certain age, me being little „slower” than most): how else would they actually tell to the spectators what is where they are at that moment and what will going to do next.... I believe this has also has a term in cinema, which I don't know the name, but perhaps is „audience engagement”?
And if for simpler/common/mundane movies I also find this stupid, I would not mind seeing to characters/personages presenting to us (the audience/spectators) what's up and how with the black holes or other things happening in the universe, that we are so infants to figure out completely, and we're just reaching to some deductions based on the mere tools we had come up for measuring things that are out of our reach.

Also, I know for sure that there are so many EXAGGERATIONS in each movie (almost), and that is called DRAMATIZATION, which sometimes do indeed bend or go around the truth or even mere logic for making the movie more „appealing” or „watchable” to/by as many people as possible.
If they would had done Interstellar without those dramatization or explanations, they certainly would had made a completely different kind of movie.

And yes, you're right, I only watched seven (7) movies so far, that's why Interstellar is one of my top ten. :spoil:

From my part, I will now stop „defending” Interstellar here, although I would had loved to discuss it, or more better said, debate the ideas in the movie and what could humans do in such situation and how could such things as presented in the movie could exist and happen...

BTW, going a different direction, but keeping it to movies, I would like to know your personal opinion regarding the beginning (those minutes of blackness with symphonic chords) and ending (that with myriad of colors ending with the human embryo) of 2002: A Space Odyssey. (could be also via PM so that we don't „hijack” this topic further)

But please do that while you're NOT driving.:thumbs:

Before I graduated high school, we rented vhs and didn’t have cable tv, saw new films like once a year in the theater

1) Predator
2) Empire Strikes Back
3) Die Hard
4) Jaws
5) The Road Warrior
6) Raiders
7) Star Wars
8) Terminator 2
9) The Magnificent Seven
10) The Matrix

For my current top 10, you’ll have to work a bit harder for those…
ok, this is my top 10:

1. OldBoy (all time favourite)
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Thing
4. Sonatine (1993)
5. The Hand of God
6. Brother (1997, Russian)
7. Volver
8. Twelve Monkeys
9. The Fifth Element
10. Blade Runner
For both of you, which would you say is the „common denominator” between your picks of pics (;))?

Yeah, I was also wondering for long time why some p :naughty: ersonages on the screen explain something so simple or obvious, then I figured out (reaching a certain age, me being little „slower” than most): how else would they actually tell to the spectators what is where they are at that moment and what will going to do next.... I believe this has also has a term in cinema, which I don't know the name, but perhaps is „audience engagement”?
And if for simpler/common/mundane movies I also find this stupid, I would not mind seeing to characters/personages presenting to us (the audience/spectators) what's up and how with the black holes or other things happening in the universe, that we are so infants to figure out completely, and we're just reaching to some deductions based on the mere tools we had come up for measuring things that are out of our reach.

Also, I know for sure that there are so many EXAGGERATIONS in each movie (almost), and that is called DRAMATIZATION, which sometimes do indeed bend or go around the truth or even mere logic for making the movie more „appealing” or „watchable” to/by as many people as possible.
If they would had done Interstellar without those dramatization or explanations, they certainly would had made a completely different kind of movie.

And yes, you're right, I only watched seven (7) movies so far, that's why Interstellar is one of my top ten. :spoil:

From my part, I will now stop „defending” Interstellar here, although I would had loved to discuss it, or more better said, debate the ideas in the movie and what could humans do in such situation and how could such things as presented in the movie could exist and happen...

BTW, going a different direction, but keeping it to movies, I would like to know your personal opinion regarding the beginning (those minutes of blackness with symphonic chords) and ending (that with myriad of colors ending with the human embryo) of 2002: A Space Odyssey. (could be also via PM so that we don't „hijack” this topic further)

But please do that while you're NOT driving.:thumbs:
The term you are looking for is "exposition". M.Night Shyamalan always does it via TV news footage, in "Tár" it's a New Yorker interview, sometimes it's handled by a new person coming in to have the plot explained by the protagonists, but I've never seen it done just so clumsily like in Interstellar. Still an OK movie, but Top 10....on a list with 2001, Godfather,... nope, can't take that :naughty::naughty:

Interstellar is probably my favorite science fiction movie, one of the reasons being that they followed scientific theories as closely as possible. For example they created the image of the black hole solely based on theories, five years before the first picture was taken, and they pretty much hit the nail on its head.

I agree with some points you make, I didn‘t like the short interaction with his daughter as well (he could‘ve stayed with her till her death etc.).
Some points aren‘t correct (like NASA waiting for a pilot. They have trained other pilots (also the scientist that are already on the planets obviously had a pilot to get there), but he‘s the only pilot there that has already been to space and that‘s more valuable than any simulation).
Some points are just based on taste, like calling the love message cheesy.

Objectively I wouldn‘t say it‘s blasphemous to have it in one‘s top 10. I‘m not sure I would put it in my own top 10, but it‘s definitely up there.

Last edited: