Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For everyone saying this is "meh" and the art is recycled 40 OC'still got purchased in about 5 hours so it can't look to bad. I'm wondering if I made a mistake not grabbing a OC, if they come back In Stock I probably will grab one.
I agree the HDzeta Boxset will be tough to top but for people that don't own one one this looks reasonable I'm not sure what the HDzeta Boxset is going for these days but I'm guessing quite a bit.
Many don't own one because that came out about 6-7 years ago and I want to say was limited to around 300,400 copies? If I didn't have a belly full of beer I'd go look.
Variety of reasons for a "sellout".

Some of the reasons don't have anything to do with "liking" it.

As your post illustrated you didn't consider the 1click until it sold out.

People can get pushed to buy something just because loads of other people are buying it. Sort of FOMO.

Other people are buying it to make a quick buck on eBay by providing some scalper competition to a certain person :naughty:

Personally I find this movie overrated shite and not interested in any of the editions.

Finally a Mantalab release i can skip.
FS and DL looks so boring, SL has the same cover as HDZ. Probably OC is the only thing worth buying, but i don't think i am luck enough to get one.

So you wanna skip the FS+SL+DL ....but you want the OC ?
The OC contains all 3....or am I missing something here
I meant OC is the only option I would go for if I decide to pay for this release in the end.
But i think i neglected the potential of the steelbook. It could be great, and DL looks acceptable on second thought

I want to say $30 or $33 (that’s what the last few had been) but it keeps changing. It
Might of even changed on WW84 again
Cheers bud. I think drive OC on the HDN GB was $42, so direct would've been $39 maybe? Genuinely can't remember the last time I bought a OC, couldn't resist with this one though :drool:

Reactions: djjez83
I meant OC is the only option I would go for if I decide to pay for this release in the end.
But i think i neglected the potential of the steelbook. It could be great, and DL looks acceptable on second thought
Still don't make sense :LOL:

You're saying you will go for the most expensive option inspite of disliking 2 out of 3 slips and the other one you find just acceptable??
Sure ! That makes total sense!:rofl::rofl:

Why not just get the acceptable slip as you get the steel with it?!!

I usually skip duplicate artwork so, having the HDzeta one already, it was either fullslip or double lenticular for me... Not impressed by any of those though but it's Interstellar and it's Manta so it's a must have for me! Also, I think artworks they could work with were kind of scarce so it's obvious they are "already seen" if coming after HDzeta's release.
In the end I've picked the fullslip thanks to @Aniv GB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aniv
DL looks the best to me, with the white coloring. I have the SL as steelbook design, but might upgrade to 4K.
Hopefully snatch Tenet on a restock too...

Though the HDZeta 4K one is my favorite, I’ll probably opt for this one.

Looks like a nice edition.
I don't have the Zeta, but I like this OC box better than the pics of Zetas Box. I like Zeta's front steel art more, but I think it's the same as the manta Lenti, so if Manta nails that, then I'd call it a wash. Ultimately, it seems like the main issue is that Nolan doesn't allow them to use a variety of art for his movies. It's kind of a common refrain with each release.

Still don't make sense :LOL:

You're saying you will go for the most expensive option inspite of disliking 2 out of 3 slips and the other one you find just acceptable??
Sure ! That makes total sense!:rofl::rofl:

Why not just get the acceptable slip as you get the steel with it?!!
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because he likes the Box Art.

My favourite Nolan film by far, yet for some reason I never picked up any of the existing premium editions, so getting one of these is a no-brainer! Think we all know by now how strict WB are when it comes to artwork, so I reckon Manta did pretty well considering how limited they probably were... I genuinely think their steel is the nicest one on the market now, but then I'm a sucker for wraparounds! That said, the art for the FS is too similar, and whilst the front art on the SL is my favourite poster for the movie, I don't like that the back art is the total opposite in every way (colour, location/scenery etc) and therefore doesn't work very well IMO. So, I guess I'll be going for the DL!