iPad Air Chat Thread

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Feel free to talk and chat about the iPad Air. Do you have one, would you like one, don't plan on getting one or anything else. :scat:

iPad Air 1st, 2nd or 3rd Generation...

Last edited:
I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. :drool: What really sux it that I have to be at work all day so I won't get to mess with it until I finally get home. :( I want to do a size comparison side by side and see how much thinner the Air really is compared to the iPad 3. I know I am going to enjoy the faster processor being an A7 chip and all.

I also bought one of those shell cases for it that protect the bottom and also has the wake/sleep cover built onto it. Also it has that carbon fiber look to it. :scat:

I'll see about posting some unboxing photos of it when I get it. :)

Here's some photos some taken with my Canon T3i and others with the iPhone 5. Anyways there's not much to an unboxing of a iPad Air because it's so small or should I say; Thin.

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else that has an iPad no matter what version and has iOS 7.1 have trouble viewing embedded YouTube videos within the forum here or other forums on Safari? I have the same issue with Chrome too. I found an Apple support forum that gives a link to YouTube's HTML5 activation page.

I activated it, I cleared out all my cookies, data & history. I have restarted the browser after all that and even restarted the iPad after that and still I can't view imbedded YT videos. What's weird is if I click on the space where the video resides the audio starts playing but just not video.

The only workaround I have found is to use Opera's browser 'Coast' and it views all imbedded YT videos so far that I've come across.

Does anybody else have these issues? :wtf:

Does anybody else that has an iPad no matter what version and has iOS 7.1 have trouble viewing embedded YouTube videos within the forum here or other forums on Safari? I have the same issue with Chrome too. I found an Apple support forum that gives a link to YouTube's HTML5 activation page.

I activated it, I cleared out all my cookies, data & history. I have restarted the browser after all that and even restarted the iPad after that and still I can't view imbedded YT videos. What's weird is if I click on the space where the video resides the audio starts playing but just not video.

The only workaround I have found is to use Opera's browser 'Coast' and it views all imbedded YT videos so far that I've come across.

BUMP!

Solution found: Evidently the software run on this board which is vBulletin 3.8.4 has an issue displaying imbedded YouTube videos even when HTML5 is activated for iPad Safari. I have run into no issues when run on different board software though. Well if anybody else is having this issue now you know why.

Reactions: IRON MAN
Solution found: Evidently the software run on this board which is vBulletin 3.8.4 has an issue displaying imbedded YouTube videos even when HTML5 is activated for iPad Safari. I have run into no issues when run on different board software though. Well if anybody else is having this issue now you know why.

Thanks for posting this. Though for me it's slightly different on both iPhone and iPad as sometimes the embedded YouTube videos do show up and I can hit play to watch them and other times I just see a blank space where I'm supposed to see the video preview.
Hitting refresh sometimes fixes and other times doesn't.

I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. :drool: What really sux it that I have to be at work all day so I won't get to mess with it until I finally get home. :( I want to do a size comparison side by side and see how much thinner the Air really is compared to the iPad 3. I know I am going to enjoy the faster processor being an A7 chip and all.

I also bought one of those shell cases for it that protect the bottom and also has the wake/sleep cover built onto it. Also it has that carbon fiber look to it. :scat:

I'll see about posting some unboxing photos of it when I get it. :)

What is the make of the case you got @AcIDc0r3 ? I have just purchased a Air 2 and a Logitech keyboard that only covers the screen and not the back so looking for something nice to protect the back of it

Ron

What is the make of the case you got @AcIDc0r3 ? I have just purchased a Air 2 and a Logitech keyboard that only covers the screen and not the back so looking for something nice to protect the back of it

Ron
I got this one but it's a full protective smart cover. It's all one piece and has the smart cover that covers the screen. If you already have that Logitech keyboard this one won't work for you.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Towser
Thank you for the reply :thumbs:

Can anyone recommend a case that clips on the back only for the Air 2, or maybe a case that includes a keyboard, I don't pick it up until tomorrow so can cancel the Logitech keyboard if need be.

Ron

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Looking to purchase an Air 2 in the next month or two, to replace the iPad 2 that I won in the Philippines back in 2012.
Was planning to get it last weekend, however Apple left me with a £410 repair bill for a new logic board for my MBP so had to postpone.
I like the Gold one for some strange reason (I have always hated gold jewellery) is it a girly colour choice?
How do Air owners find using it on this forum? I find it glitches constantly on the iPad 2, especially after iOS 8.

Last edited:
@Blu-devil go for the gold pal I did:whistle:

When I was first using this forum on the air 2 it would always glitch but has really seemed to improve since the last update iOS 8.1.3 .

Just got the gold for my wife. We have an old 2 and it feels like a BRICK compared to the Air. Love the new iPad.

Finally got iPad Air 2 64gb delivered this morning. Had to get dark grey as gold was sold out everywhere. It feels so light compared to iPad 2. Syncing all my files from my MacBook Pro to this was a doddle. I'm looking to get the Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro V3 Aluminium Keyboard Case as it is backlit and offers full protection for iPad. It's made specifically for iPad Air 2. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it.

Last edited:
Just copped my first iPad. So happy right now. Wanted it forever. Copped a iPad Air 2 16 GB Space Grey Wifi+Cellular. Don't need more GB since its only for browsing and stuff. Now the wait begins, 4-5 days till delivery :cold: Since I own a iMac, iPhone 6 and iPod Classic 160 GB it was only right :D

Wow @Blu-devil , that Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro V3 Aluminium Case is a stunner. Did you copped? Heavy price though with 170 EUR :greedy:

Reactions: Blu-devil