Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) w/poster (Saturn/Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Just came across this while browsing at Saturn.
Release date: October 4th, 2013
Price: EUR14.99
Purchase here

Screenshot 2013-09-17 at 22.09.30.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For 15€ you can expect a matte steel with printed banner and back. I hope I'm wrong though ...

Concorde said it will fitt to the german IM + IM2 Steels so it will have a matte painting a blue banner and printed back. You can be pretty certain about that. I´m still looking forward to it and i´m glad it fitts to the other two german Steels! :scat:

Reactions: MK50
Look at the spine... "Iron Man 3" is upsidedown. Sorry but no thanks. Such a bummer this comes out of Germany. If the mock up pic is true, it could be the only one with the art truly flipped (unlike in Korea where it appeared that the art was flipped, but actually the steelbook itself was flipped within the wrap)

I don't understand how the same steelbook gets a separate thread. This is not an exclusive steelbook in Germany. The poster is just an add in. If this gets a separate thread then there are about 1000 other steelbooks that need to get 4 or more separate threads each. I don't get it?

Reactions: karl01
[/spoiler]

It`s not really a "Competition" - as it is the same holding Company:p

I thought I remembered hearing somewhere about Saturn & MM being related in some way ;)
Saturns can be found outside of DE in some of the smaller countries adjacent to it like Austria, right?
Anywho, I figured that's why both listings were labeled as exclusives :cool:

Last edited:
I don't understand how the same steelbook gets a separate thread. This is not an exclusive steelbook in Germany. The poster is just an add in. If this gets a separate thread then there are about 1000 other steelbooks that need to get 4 or more separate threads each. I don't get it?

Chip, we've always had separate threads for retailer exclusives-this is called an 'Exclusive' at their site. When people look for various versions later on, it's very difficult to find individual versions with slight variations. As the most compregensive Steelbook site in terms of info, completeness is always a goal, as different people prefer different versions. The US and UK, and other regions don't often sell the same Steelbooks with add ins like shirts, etc etc. But Germany and other areas have started doing so, so we'd like to keep them separate. Thanks.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I would hardly call this an exclusive i could buy plenty of stock from amazon then add something related to ironman then call it an exclusive.

Karl, lol, maybe so, but the retailer considers it an exclusive, because it comes with an extra item which was arranged for those 2 retailers (as of now). In the market place it's a different variation of the release.

I would hardly call this an exclusive i could buy plenty of stock from amazon then add something related to ironman then call it an exclusive.

That's exactly what hdn did for the exclusive n°1,if a mod sees your post you're going to get banned ;)

Cizzar, incorrect, unlike other sites, we rarely ever ban anyone, and certainly not for that. Everyone has a choice of what editions they prefer, and our site encourages feedback and accuracy of info, on a daily basis.

If that's the case then all the 'Star Trek' Into Darkness' releases with the same artwork would have to be in the same thread??

You know how it works!! :movie:

As long as it is not packaged to the steelbook it is not an exclusive. Is this packaged inside the steelbook or to the back of it? I am just sayin its as easy as picking up a boatload of Black Widow comics off ebay and then adding them to your Avengers steelbook and it would be exactly the same as the exclusive from MM last year.

It seems to me as the word exclusive has taken a whole new meaning AGAIN this year. Its a fractured mess and confusion.

As long as it is not packaged to the steelbook it is not an exclusive. Is this packaged inside the steelbook or to the back of it? I am just sayin its as easy as picking up a boatload of Black Widow comics off ebay and then adding them to your Avengers steelbook and it would be exactly the same as the exclusive from MM last year.

It seems to me as the word exclusive has taken a whole new meaning AGAIN this year. Its a fractured mess and confusion.

And people have done this on the reverse side Todd, as we saw with the Transformers: ROTF "Big Sceen" edition steelbook that was repackaged by a third party and called an "exclusive" edition. Other retailers have offered steelbooks and metal cases as a free gift for pre-ordering or pre-purchasing the movie and that is still thought as an exclusive as well, even though it's not actually shrinkwrapped with the individual movie that is presented in the amaray case.

So our take has always been to represent an actual retailer, meaning an entity that has a presence, a storefront and a varied inventory of items for sale, that offers a unique and different edition, will get a discussion thread.

This is nothing new, and how and when retailers decide to add special or just extra stuff to their steelbook package is up to them, but you've been a member here long enough to see and understand how we do things.

If you'd like less threads, there are certainly other forums that are not just busy at all, but then you might just get the reposted news from here. :hilarious:

Hey Chip, I hear you, but whether it's packaged together or not has no bearing on what is considered an 'Exclusive' in the marketplace as far as advertising and any agreements retailers have with studios. As always, there are 'worldwide exclusives', 'country-specific exclusives', 'retailer-specific exclusives', etc-it's always been this way.

To me the word exclusive if it has extra has to happen at the distributor level and not at the retailer level where they can take anything off the shelve and call it exclusive. I guess my standards are higher than others.

I guess that's what people are clinging onto. Hopes of some sort of exclusiveness while the steelbook collecting market implodes on itself.

Hey Chip-yep-your sentiment makes sense in the context of how you evaluate whether an item is truly exclusive and what you consider valuable. Retailers have been providing separate items for years (especially when different manufacturers and distributors are involved-logstically-items included in a 'bundle' don't always ship from the same company, and or/are bundled or assembled at different stages while planning for the actual sale in store-the distributor for the case may have nothing to do with the distributor for a mug, shirt, etc etc. It becomes impossible to shrinkwrap things together in those situations. There are all kinds of 'freebies' that have always been available as perks for pre-orders or to create much needed competition amongst retailers for 'new release' day, etc-and to sell multiple versions of the same movie to the same movie fan. And many times they are not packaged together.

For Steelbooks, like all other items manufactured in limited #'s, vs their amaray counterpart, say, some collectors will seek a more rare version, and others are buying the exclusive at a certain retailer, because they are proximate, or they like a certain giveaway better than another. 'Exclusive' has always meant different things, and different collectors value different things about these 'non-amaray editions-some buy for rarity or world-wide exclusiveness, and others just want something else besides the amaray-and then there are shades of gray. Everyone has seen Steelbooks increase in popularity with a variety of releases across the globe that allows different movie fans to have to choose between editions. I see no reason why people can't speak with their wallets or speak up to the retailer directly. If the SB is of no interest for personal collection, resale, just to have uniqueness-whatever the reason-there are always completely different editions to choose from (Limited Eds, amarays, etc).