[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

5 of 5 - Robocop
1663578052879.png

As I saw the directors cut at cinema a few months ago, I forgot how much I loved this movie. So well written, not a moment wasted and a great score too. Just awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaws finatic
2 of 5

American_graffiti_ver1.jpg

The buzz around this movie could not be denied. Obviously I was just a kid when this came along, so the fact that it was set in '62 seemed to me like it was about ancient times. Of course, now when I look back I see that 1962 was not unlike the year 2011 to us now. Now THAT is a mind bender for this guy. Saw this movie countless times first run, it was just so much fun. Wanted badly to be a member of the Pharaohs. LOL. Loved the character of Curt and immediately became a fan of Richard Dreyfuss, and we all know what he went on to do. As for AG, love, love, love, love this movie and am strongly considering it as the placeholder for my last empty 27x40 frame.

1 of 5 - Star Wars : A New Hope
View attachment 541583
I really saw Return of the Jedi first due to my age and caught up with the franchise over that time. Empire is still my favourite of the original trilogy.
I literally refused to see this movie because I didn't want it overtaking JAWS as No.1 at the box office. LOL. Oh, for the youthful exhuberance. Once it passes JAWS and I saw Speilberg's Variety ad congratulating George Lucas I figured it was okay for the Star Wars deep dive. What can I say. I loved it, and still do.

• Haha
Reactions: RMA and GeoRattray
3 of 5

66131edc-2d8a-44fa-a126-936d5a6f28b1_1.734bd959086a266e49c092a08d21d40c.jpeg

Where can I start with this poster! I was stationed at the Carl Schurz Kaserne in Bremerhaven, Germany, with no knowledge of anything happening stateside, whether it be politics, entertainment, sports...nada. So one day I'm just kind of putzing around the Kaserne and head to the Rec Center. The movie theater was right next door so I thought I'd check it out and see what was coming on the weekend. To say I was blown away is an understatement!!! Serious shock and awe to my young fanboy senses and after gazing adoringly, yes, lovingly, at this poster for about half an hour I ran to the rec room to see if they'd seen the coming soon poster next door. No one had as it had just been put up. We were all hopping around all excited talking about Star Wars and what the movie might be about, other than the Empire Striking Back of course. When the day came the place was packed solid, which did not always happen at the AAFES THEATER. I can still hear the most audible gasp of shock I'd ever heard in a theater when the big reveal came down. Still to this day my favorite Star Wars film, although Rogue One is seriously close. SERIOUSLY CLOSE, it's that good. As for this, it would eventually lead me on a Christmas present gift quest for my little nephew Daniel, who begged for Star Wars like his uncle. I drove all over Tampa, St.Pete, Clearwater, looking for the action figure of Han Solo frozen in carbonite. After months of searching I happen into a store on a whim, and there they had like 8 of them. I was so happy, as was my nephew when he opened that present, along with his new Millennium Falcon, on Christmas Day.

4 of 5

MV5BMzY0M2MzODYtZDU5Yy00YTg2LWJmMGQtNmY1OWZiYjlmNzY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.jpg

Oh the fond memories this brings back. I was but a lad still learning about the pursuits of James Bond, 007, as I'd seen a couple of the older Connery films on TV. My favorite TV shows at the time were Hogans Heroes, My Partner the Ghost (which I loved) and The Saint with Roger Moore. When I learned he was the new James Bond I was all on board because I thought he was just so cool. My best friend at the time, Scott, was a huge James Bond junkie so when Live and Let Die hit the screens he and I were both there together first showing at the Britton Cinema in Tampa. We always got to the theater early so we could hang out and look at the posters (are you learning anything @Watkinss1 and @JinxyKatte ? It's all about the posters). We pretty much parked at this one and appreciated it's Bondish majestry. The movie kicking off with a Paul McCartney tune just increased the cinematic saliva issues I was experiencing. Just absolutely love this movie and it remains my favorite Bond film, although I'm sure a certain amount of that is the nostalgia of it all. Fuzzy goosepimples, this poster.

4 of 5

View attachment 541618
Oh the fond memories this brings back. I was but a lad still learning about the pursuits of James Bond, 007, as I'd seen a couple of the older Connery films on TV. My favorite TV shows at the time were Hogans Heroes, My Partner the Ghost (which I loved) and The Saint with Roger Moore. When I learned he was the new James Bond I was all on board because I thought he was just so cool. My best friend at the time, Scott, was a huge James Bond junkie so when Live and Let Die hit the screens he and I were both there together first showing at the Britton Cinema in Tampa. We always got to the theater early so we could hang out and look at the posters (are you learning anything @Watkinss1 and @JinxyKatte ? It's all about the posters). We pretty much parked at this one and appreciated it's Bondish majestry. The movie kicking off with a Paul McCartney tune just increased the cinematic saliva issues I was experiencing. Just absolutely love this movie and it remains my favorite Bond film, although I'm sure a certain amount of that is the nostalgia of it all. Fuzzy goosepimples, this poster.
Yeah, I certainly see the appeal of the posters and there is some great art on the ones people are showing as favourites. It is definitely making me think I should take more notice

5 of 5

11111.jpg

The movie was released during what is now referred to as The Summer of JAWS. As great and impressive as the FX in JAWS is, is as uninspiring in retrospect as this is. Of course, when your a kid and its time travel with dinosaurs, it's all good!!! Plus, the poster is absolutely boss.

Well that poster idea of mine went off like a muffled pinto bean fart. At least @GeoRattray felt the love. Thanks man.

Someone mentioned doing steelbooks, so how about if show off some of our favorite premiums and/or steels?
I think a little later on I'd like to revisit the poster idea and do a few more posts on it. I'd forgotten how cool they are, what enticed me to see other movies at the cinema, also rekindling my fondness for seeing posters as they can be amazing compositions to share :thumbs:

Reactions: jaws finatic
I think a little later on I'd like to revisit the poster idea and do a few more posts on it. I'd forgotten how cool they are, what enticed me to see other movies at the cinema, also rekindling my fondness for seeing posters as they can be amazing compositions to share :thumbs:
I think you're right, because when I got to No.5 I was like "Oh No"!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: GeoRattray
@jaws finatic You’re slacking on the Munch Bunch with no mention of the chips in the middle! :p There’s even more new Lay’s chips in the US!
View attachment 541644
Um, these are not at my store! It's hard enough finding Funyuns because they sell out almost immediately. It's unbeleiveable, man. I definitely live in a funyun friendly town.

I do believe that I would have to try the Funyuns and Cheetos Lays. Cool Ranch never appeased the Taco loving Dorito guy that I am.

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray
Yeah that sounds good. I was trying to upload some yesterday but the forum doesn't like how the resolution is on my phone I guess. So I'll have to take some new photos.
I had a ***** of a time uploading anything here a couple days ago. Man, I was really getting aggravated. Finally just had to close the window and play guitar for a while.