tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: July 17, 2018
Purchase: Amazon
Price: $139.99

71194Ysn-LL._SL1500_.jpg

$US140??? Really? I'll wait for the price drop. But I do really want a nice edition of this.

Oh bugger it. Steelbook is butt ugly so I have preordered this. You only live once and Wes rocks my world.:headphone:

Figures are window boxed packaged and according to Slashfilm, are made by the same company that did the actual movie stop motion figures.
308E5714-4A59-492B-9C13-03C837DEEED5.jpeg

EDIT: It looks like these are not the same as the ones that will be included with the Gift Set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really cool.
I loved the figurines that were released for Fantastic Mr Fox. Not sure if these match the same quality or not... But still would be a neat edition to get.

Wonder if it comes with a slipcover? :bored:

Review of (what I’m assuming to be the same) figures here:
http://www.slashfilm.com/isle-of-dogs-toys/

Those look amazing! But I don't think they are the same ones sadly.

In the review it says:
  • Only 100 sets (5 dogs & Atari in each set) were made, each box is hand numbered.
  • They will NOT be sold in any stores.
  • These figures were designed and hand finished in London by the same puppet makers who created the puppets for the film.
  • These aren’t available for purchase; you have to win them through partnership giveawayshappening worldwide.
  • All proceeds in the U.S. are going to Best Friends Animal Society.

Those look amazing! But I don't think they are the same ones sadly.

In the review it says:
  • Only 100 sets (5 dogs & Atari in each set) were made, each box is hand numbered.
  • They will NOT be sold in any stores.
  • These figures were designed and hand finished in London by the same puppet makers who created the puppets for the film.
  • These aren’t available for purchase; you have to win them through partnership giveawayshappening worldwide.
  • All proceeds in the U.S. are going to Best Friends Animal Society.
Yeah, on closer inspection it looks like those included with the blu ray are plastic and not flocked. Still, I'm keen.

This is either cancelled, or the pre-orders have matched the planned inventory. It's not a limited release as such, so it's pretty unlikely it has sold out.
There is zero mention of this set on the official Fox sites so I'm picking it's been canned.

avd.gif

Shipping confirmation received:thumbs:
I was worried this release would be shelved.

Confirmed on another site, this does in fact include the figures pictured. Which makes me super happy. Although I’ve just had an email from Amazon stating DHL Express are dragging the chain and delivery to NZ will be delayed:(

Note: Not my picture.

32467415-479C-4076-8128-ACBE8B13AB02.jpeg

Reactions: Wreck and Noodles