Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #134) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: June 3, 2020 (Standard) - July 15, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 999 CZK (Standard) - 1699 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 601 numbered copies

29509023-460E-47DF-BF7E-68DD6D3E8861.jpeg

Last edited:
happy days. :happy: in setting up this post, i realised it's been 18 whole months since i purchased this via GB on this very site (many thanks again, @carllenc and @CollectorEmtee :notworthy:), but due to a host of circumstances, have only just opened and am today posting, some time after activity on this thread quietened down. :rolleyes: and while i appreciate it's a limited release many found hard to come by, i think it's such a good set, i still wanted to post an unboxing (notwithstanding great shots above from @megabee @Killi Zoltan @BluSteel2012 and more) . so read on for the details, or just click here for the photo album. :Snap: :Snap:

View media item 27847
first off, i think FAC XLs are just too big, unless the film is a true long-term classic - and Jaws totally fits that bill. while this does come with the WWA steel, the extras that come with it, especially the chunky booklet, are excellent additions. :wow:

full slip
this is the first double lenti from FAC i've got/opened, but the lentis are an improvement over older lentis of theirs, less pixel-y, and clearer. see what you think - videos of both front and back lentis below:
View media item 27843View media item 27842
the rest of the full slip is high quality. the top and spine have thick spot gloss lettering, the imagery is clear. under the spoiler, all of that:

and here's some shots of the specifications (not a great shot, so let me know if anyone would like a better res version) and the numbering card:

this is everything you get with this release. couple more picks under the spoiler:
View media item 27845

steelbook
again, this is the WWA steelbook, but it's not bad.

View media item 27830
it's got a slight treatment on the front and back to highlight the water lines and film title. inside, i don't know whether the WWA came with this, but it also has a double strut card included. shots of all of that and the inside art under the spoiler:

collectors folder
i remain ambivalent to collector cards in releases, much prefer a good booklet (which this release has), especially since FAC XL cards are SO BIG, but the reproduction is at a high standard as you'd expect, and it's on fairly substantial stock. pics of the collectors and photo cards under the spoiler:

booklet
finally, the release comes with an excellent booklet, featuring profiles, retrospective articles, storyboards and more. it also contains the original screenplay for Quint's USS Indianapolis speech, one of the best monologues in the history of cinema (IMHO). all that under the spoiler :Snap: :rolleyes::

all in all, this is a terrific release, and well worth tracking down. :woot:
Shocked Jaws GIF

Last edited: