Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June 13, 2023
Purchase links: Walmart
Price: $24.96
Notes: Includes Character Cards
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

4b62c18a-23c6-4467-81f1-7b1ac540845f.b97c210ecdf8a3c349af379371151dd3.jpeg5e06b458-f236-4377-a128-820e1e104720.a15aab411727f70f30a78483cd4cdabe.jpeg1ec535de-d6f1-4136-bfe9-ad53795403da.9011da015e202c073cd25b09beb03f84 (1).jpeg

1679657338529.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder what the chances are with the U.K. getting the Zhang art?

I need it but the absence of 4K is disappointing

I imagine there’s going to be so many releases for this anyway. And a Nova exclusive

Reactions: Steely-Booked
Wonder what the chances are with the U.K. getting the Zhang art?

I need it but the absence of 4K is disappointing

I imagine there’s going to be so many releases for this anyway. And a Nova exclusive

Hard to say, there's so much art that has been commissioned.

Generally though you'd have to think some artists are more expensive than others (just saying as a blanket statement)
so that might come into play as well.

With this much new artwork, I would agree the potential for releases worldwide with something new is going to be interesting.

Reactions: Flloydo
That looks amazing! Would be all over it if they did matching ones for the other films. Personally I'll be holding off for Nova's inevitable premium edition.

Reactions: Halo500 and Flloydo
Really like this, and the mexifunk art. Hoping the UK and/or nova get use of them.
What the f**k is mexifunk? That’s Alice Zhangs artwork on the front and back

Unless you mean the Pet slip. Didn’t realise an actual artist designed that if so lol.

Hard to say, there's so much art that has been commissioned.

Generally though you'd have to think some artists are more expensive than others (just saying as a blanket statement)
so that might come into play as well.

With this much new artwork, I would agree the potential for releases worldwide with something new is going to be interesting.
There’s always some really cool and inventive artworks through the commissioned JW arts. I’ve always loved the posters where all the guns are pointing at him or the sea of people making the number 3 (?) I think. Nova used a few of them in the past.

Prefer those to the standard shots of him just standing there anyway. And again the illustrated arts (again nova used as art cards etc)

Good to seem them doing the same with artists on this one too

Noo not the PET lol he's another artist, also did a great piece for JW4. He's done loads of steel designs you'd have seen.

Sorry I thought you meant the mexifunk was this art. Yeah not bad. Zhangs is better

Reactions: samdavies
Ruiz Burgos -

Yuko Shimizu -

Besides that Zhang art they're quite rightfully using for the steelbook, the only other good one is from that TotalFilm magazine, almost bought it just for the cover.

Mexifunk one is stupid for me, because he used letters Ch (Ч) and D (Д) in Baba Yaga part of the drawing.
It's not 1980s anymore, Best Buy released that whole Tales book with the proper writing on it.

There's already a comment about that Baba Yaga lettering:

Screenshot_20230324-203705_Instagram.jpg

So I'm guessing the director and Keanu don't care. I just hope it's not used on a steelbook, only one of the artcards.