bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
JOHN WICK COMES TO COMICS IN 2017
Source: CBR.com
John-WickGiovanniValletta.jpg

Not content to have a second film on the way, reluctant hit man John Wick is poised to target a new comic book series as well.

In addition to the anticipated theatrical bow of “John Wick: Chapter 2,” Dynamite Entertainment and Lionsgate Entertainment have announced that they’ve teamed up to bring Keanu Reeves’ fan-favorite character to a new medium in 2017.

“John Wick was such an exciting film, mixing martial arts action with snappy dialogue and smart writing,” Dynamite CEO and Publisher Nick Barrucci said in a statement. “As the credits rolled, you were left wanting more, and it was obvious that they had the makings of a franchise. We were quick to pursue the opportunity to develop a comic book series, and are thrilled to have been granted the rights to tell all-new stories with the character!”

“A comic series is the perfect vehicle to engage in a different way with fans as well as expand the John Wick universe,” Added Sheila Clarke, SVP Global Consumer Products Lionsgate Entertainment. “We found a great partner in industry leader Dynamite Entertainment who shared our passion and enthusiasm for the franchise.”

No creative team has been announced, though Dynamite has provided pencil tests of John Wick by artist Giovanni Valletta. Similarly, no mention of whether Wick’s dog will factor into the new series was made in the release.
JohnWickDesigns.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Similar to the movie it was awesome. Though it has more depth compared to the film.
to a point sure, it does delve into Johns personality a bit more, but I mean more so 'what did you think' with regards to the origin stories
Am not sure if they contradict or just that he rebelled a bit, kinda like how he wanted to 'get out' of his life style/path....but somethin about the comic grinds against the movie with me

dont get me wrong I love them both and all those pictures with mini-steelbooks makes me want to get ALL cover varients for the run(I got all 4 or was it 5 varients for issues 1 then just the standard subscribers covers for the next 4 issues)

to a point sure, it does delve into Johns personality a bit more, but I mean more so 'what did you think' with regards to the origin stories
Am not sure if they contradict or just that he rebelled a bit, kinda like how he wanted to 'get out' of his life style/path....but somethin about the comic grinds against the movie with me

dont get me wrong I love them both and all those pictures with mini-steelbooks makes me want to get ALL cover varients for the run(I got all 4 or was it 5 varients for issues 1 then just the standard subscribers covers for the next 4 issues)

The prequel graphic novel looks to be a different John Wick story compared to the film. There are a lot of new stuff. You are right there are things which are not consistent with the film.

The prequel graphic novel looks to be a different John Wick story compared to the film. There are a lot of new stuff. You are right there are things which are not consistent with the film.
I mean there is a 'way' they could both fit(and I'd prefer to believe the comics compliment the movie as one moment that maybe dragged John back in or something) but even with my brain it still doesnt fit all that well