Julian Miles Discussion Thread (HDN Member 'Jae')

Jae

Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
West Sussex, UK
USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS ALL PAST, CURRENT & FUTURE NOVELS OF JULIAN MILES (HDN MEMBER JAE)! :thumbs:

--------------------

Thought some folk might be interested in some more reading.

As of Spring 2017, I have over twenty books published as paperbacks and ebooks for every device.

You can find everything that's currently available on the Lizards of the Host Publishing site: www.lothp.co.uk

My personal site has details of what I'm up to, what I've done, and what's coming, along with links to over 100 online stories, my other sites, and articles etc. Visit www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk

If you like fine speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, horror) then your imagination and my work should get along. Do come and find out.

Last edited:
Your PMs to me were like pages torn out fantasy literature, so it really doesn't surprise me that you're a professional writer. :p

Reactions: Jae
A huge thanks to whoever of the HDM virtual spanner-wielding dudes assembled all my scribbling threads into one chunk.

A Place in the Dark paperbacks should be available next week.

And hopefully direct ordering of paperback will be available from my publishing site by then too.

www.lothp.co.uk

Reactions: dirtyoak and tridon
A huge thanks to whoever of the HDM virtual spanner-wielding dudes assembled all my scribbling threads into one chunk.

A Place in the Dark paperbacks should be available next week.

And hopefully direct ordering of paperback will be available from my publishing site by then too.

www.lothp.co.uk

Congrats on all your books, man! As a writer myself, I really admire you and your work!

Thank you.

Still doing this on my own, :ohno: so any support is hugely appreciated. :thumbs:

My books. My way. :D

Gods it would be good to make a living at this. All I've done so far is discover how fast all the people who said "do it, we'll buy/support/do-something-else-useful-for it" disappear when you dare to do something as rude as to actually get off your ass and deliver...

But I'll not be stopping.

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon and dirtyoak
Ten Down, n to Go...

It was January 5th 2011 when I decided to 'do a book'.

Tonight I finished Stars of Black.

Thirty-seven months, nine days.

Over half a million words.

Ten books.

This is ridiculous.

Loving it and learning at every step.

If you want me, I'll be off working on books eleven, twelve and thirteen.EEK!

Very happy to hear about your progress over the years. I wish you all the best in the future in regards to your books.

The Borsen Incursion - full wrap cover preview

The marvellous original art is by Genji Lim (genjilim.deviantart.com). All rights remain with him. Used with permission.

Available late April 2014

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyoak
The Borsen Incursion is now available as an ebook

In multiple formats: Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony Reader, iPad and all other ereaders and devices. It will be available from all major online ebook stores by the end of May at the latest (depends on when they update their listings for new distributions).

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/429427

For five centuries, a unified Earth has been the centre, and ruler, of all it surveys: an empire that spans two thousand worlds. It has been unchallenged for three hundred years.

The Borsen use strange technology to strike down fleets and planets with terrifying ease. Their inexplicable reserve leads some to suspect that they have a purpose beyond conquest. But all are certain that for the first time in half a millennium, mankind is facing a dire threat.

Centuries of bureaucracy and an entrenched arrogance lead to grievous losses. Even when a miraculous new technology offers an upper hand, factionalism and jealousy arise to threaten those who use it.

Can a visionary commander unravel the mystery that drives the Borsen?
Can he prevail against the fear that spreads as losses mount?
Can he realise the potentials of those who serve under him in time?

A centuries-spanning tale of space warfare told from major and minor viewpoints: the victories and the tragedies, the decisions that make or break civilisations, the resilience of ordinary people striving to cope. Be there when heroes are made and villains fall. Understand the motives of an enemy that seeks to drive humanity to the brink.

Using over fifty pieces of carefully-crafted short fiction, this book will take you from the start of the incursion to its end, letting you witness the war while revealing its impacts and revelations from every angle.

For the traditional reading types, the paperback will published on the 24th, or as soon as it clears my printers Easter backlog!

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Reactions: dirtyoak and tridon
Come And Get Them! Online Ordering, International Shipping

All of my paperbacks are now available for online ordering, with national and international postage and optional tracking.

I can ship to anywhere in the world (but the books are only available in English).

http://www.lothp.co.uk/

Last edited:
My new book...

The real book version landed today.

2017 edit: This is the first edition; now sold out. The second edition is available worldwide via Amazon. Visit www.lothp.co.uk for details.

Last edited:
Agents of Fate is now available as an ebook via Smashwords, with the paperback being published next Monday (8th September) by Lizards of the Host Publishing.

Ebook: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/472713

Paperback: http://www.lothp.co.uk/2.html

This is my fourth science fantasy anthology, and the ninth book on my journey. I hope you enjoy it, should you indulge. Go on, indulge. :) Every penny/cent goes back into making more stories. Thank you.

Reactions: tridon and dirtyoak
Over sixty flash and short fiction science fantasy stories are collected in the fifth volume of my Visions of the Future annual anthology series.

The paperback is published via Lizards of the Host Publishing on Friday - and I'll add links then.

But the ebook is now available from Smashwords for all ereader formats! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/546174 (For the purists, there will be a dedicated Kindle edition next week.)

Where do we go from here? There are so many options, and they can change every day due to the actions of nations or individuals. Humanity has such enormous potential to grow – or to destroy itself with greed and technology.

Within this book you will read more than sixty views of futures near and far. From golden ages of man through to hellhole dystopias, via far stars or familiar locations. Dynamic, emotional, powerful: these tales of people overcoming old trials in new situations, or discovering ways to cope with new travails. Come and join their lives and adventures for a while.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja