Julian Miles Discussion Thread (HDN Member 'Jae')

Jae

Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
West Sussex, UK
USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS ALL PAST, CURRENT & FUTURE NOVELS OF JULIAN MILES (HDN MEMBER JAE)! :thumbs:

--------------------

Thought some folk might be interested in some more reading.

As of Spring 2017, I have over twenty books published as paperbacks and ebooks for every device.

You can find everything that's currently available on the Lizards of the Host Publishing site: www.lothp.co.uk

My personal site has details of what I'm up to, what I've done, and what's coming, along with links to over 100 online stories, my other sites, and articles etc. Visit www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk

If you like fine speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, horror) then your imagination and my work should get along. Do come and find out.

Last edited:
Lizards of the Host Publishing + Amazon Createspace = International Editions

There’s one thing that is beyond argument: eBooks beat physical books when it comes to shipping costs. Unless you can spend enough for Amazon free shipping, of course – and that only applies in your own country.

The above is the reason that I decided to extend the Lizards of the Host Publishing paperback range using Amazon Createspace. Lizards of the Host Publishing is UK based, and international shipping costs have risen from ‘ridiculous’ to ‘punitive’ in the four and a half years I’ve been publishing my work. Of course, as a bonus, you can now add my books to your Amazon shopping basket and wish lists in the UK as well.

The range is now up to six books and they are available in seven countries: UK, USA, Canada, Germany, France, Spain and Italy.

* Face Down in Wonderland is a science fantasy collection, exclusive to Amazon.
* Stars of Black is a short story collection inspired by the original King in Yellow.
* The Borsen Incursion is a vast space war saga told in over fifty pieces of short and flash fiction.
* A Place in the Dark is a novel of vampire horror.
* Fire in Mind is a short story collection of pagan and magical fantasy stories.
* This Mortal Dance is a poetry collection.

All except This Mortal Dance are 6”x9” trade format paperbacks with gloss laminated full colour covers and cream pages. I chose the format because they look superb and feel good in the hand.

This Mortal Dance is a 5”x8” edition with a gloss laminated b&w cover, using the smaller format with pristine white pages and a classic font as it frames the poetry well.

For further details and direct links to the various Amazon pages around the world, visit the Amazon Editions page at Lizards of the Host Publishing: http://www.lothp.co.uk/11.html

The site also offers every other book and edition I currently have in print, as well as eBooks for every device. Do have a browse.

Been quiet, but not been idle.

Just published my nineteenth book, and revised my publishing site so you can find all of my editions from that one site.

Because you're worth it. :) Now go and buy my books.

A modern Mythos horror novella.

The 2016 anthology:

Amazon search likes showing you the expensive listings for my books before the official listings. Therefore, direct links to my Amazon paperbacks in the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy are in place on the 'Amazon Editions' page.

Cheers, Ken.

Inkshares are a crowd-select publisher. It's a fun paradigm for getting your work out there, but there are, potentially, years of waiting until your book hits their threshold for publication.

And, as I'm a registered publisher myself - working with them could be problematic.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Amazon's search is biased toward sellers who pay Amazon, which means sometimes you can only find my books at ridiculous prices.
To address that blatantly unfair game, Lizards of the Host Publishing http://www.lothp.co.uk has direct links for all of my Amazon paperbacks from the 'Amazon Editions' and 'OpenDyslexic Editions' pages of the site.

Last edited:
For those who love my writing but loathe flash fiction: the best of my short stories, 2011 to 2015. The ebook is available from Smashwords (Daughter of Eons, an Ebook by Julian M. Miles), Kindle edition is in the UK store (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M2263N8/) other Kindle stores worldwide should have it by the end of the week.
Paperbacks will be along as soon as Createspace finish processing the masters. I'll add links to this thread.

Original cover art by Tina LC, all rights reserved. tlcdigitalart.deviantart.com

Last edited:
Seasons greetings!

Been a while since I updated this, so I've redirected the cover gallery post above to the correct place.

Still writing, just published the tenth volume of my annual speculative fiction anthologies (for details, see here Visions of the Future - Lizards of the Host Publishing), which brings me to 29 books published, 39 if you include the omnibus editions and themed collections. Next year's books (four) are either finished or on schedule, so I'm writing for 2022 at the moment.

Cheers!