Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €29.99

81jGPcKMpZL._SX522_.jpg

[EXT. North East Western Australia]

# Blue sky, red earth. Heat waves shimmer. Goanna scatters in foreground (Lucas nod)

# Mustang convertible approaches from the distance. Approaches lonely soul, slowly staggering forward by the side of the Old Forum Road, just outside of town. Clothes tattered, looking like he was on the way to the headmasters office after a pitch black finger painting massacre - no woman would want him.

# Mustang slows, stopping next to the wanderer. The driver, pauses - cautious of what he might be getting himself into. Regardless, he offers a few words of support.

Professor Luftbut (Denholm Elliott) : "Excuse me friend, are you lost?"
If you're quoting something, I don't know what it is. If you're implying I'm lost for selling my physical media, then millions of people must be lost too. Most of the world uses streaming. Millions buy digital films.

Just a quick update. If you think you're gonna make money buying and selling steelbooks, think again. I've sold popular titles like 4K Star Wars and 4K LOTR's lately and lost money on them all. The fees and postage really kill any chance of getting your money back. Like everything in life, there are no sure thing investments. Glad I'm stopping buying them while I'm only at a slight loss (in comparison to if I carried on collecting.) But trust me, I lost plenty on these.

Just a quick update. If you think you're gonna make money buying and selling steelbooks, think again. I've sold popular titles like 4K Star Wars and 4K LOTR's lately and lost money on them all. The fees and postage really kill any chance of getting your money back. Like everything in life, there are no sure thing investments. Glad I'm stopping buying them while I'm only at a slight loss (in comparison to if I carried on collecting.) But trust me, I lost plenty on these.
Meme Reaction GIF

Sometimes, yes. We've all had a dud resales in our time. Yet so many steels go for 2, 3+ times their original value via ebay BIN & auctions though, so overall I beg to differ bud.

We all have different experiences, but on the whole I rarely feel like I've short-changed myself by selling on unwanted steels due to upgrading or change of tastes etc..

I'm preaching to the converted here, but this is a dead subject now. Let it be. Anyone who's read the thread gets you're out of the game and have lost interest :thanks:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
That's where another of your mistakes lays, thinking that a popular franchise equates to an expensive steelbook.
Usually those are done by studios that have no idea how a steelbook should look, and made dozens of thousands of copies.
A more obscure movie or/and limited print run will make a more desirable and expensive steel.
Then again, I don't know such collectors, that buy to sell. We just get what we like for ourselves, before they're OOP and are more expensive. Some are available many years after release for a third of their price, I've bought a few like that for lesser movies I wasn't grabbing right away, at a cost cheaper, than regular digital copy purchase price of $12.99.

Well i changed my mind :)
I bought original trilogy steels from some guy on eBay for great price and i got lucky since 2nd and 3rd part were mostly sealed, with minor tears to factory seal but otherwise no scratches, dents and 1st movie was stored in protective slipcover.
These are realy beauties -debossing and glossy steels :drool: . And for me original trilogy is top, 4th and 5th movie are big downhill and i'll just buy last one when it'll come out and this is it. Won't even bother buying complete set.

Sometimes, yes. We've all had a dud resales in our time. Yet so many steels go for 2, 3+ times their original value via ebay BIN & auctions though, so overall I beg to differ bud.

We all have different experiences, but on the whole I rarely feel like I've short-changed myself by selling on unwanted steels due to upgrading or change of tastes etc..

I'm preaching to the converted here, but this is a dead subject now. Let it be. Anyone who's read the thread gets you're out of the game and have lost interest :thanks:
Well, I just sold multiple lots and lost money on them all, so I disagree. Fees and postage, plus the fact that everyone wants a bargain means a loss. Titles I sold were limited, like Star Wars and LOTR's. I do agree that this is a dead thread. It was before I came along and it is again now.

Well, I just sold multiple lots and lost money on them all, so I disagree. Fees and postage, plus the fact that everyone wants a bargain means a loss. Titles I sold were limited, like Star Wars and LOTR's. I do agree that this is a dead thread. It was before I came along and it is again now.
We all have different experiences, that's yours, it isn't mine. That's the way of it unfortunately. Some steels hold their value, particularly older premium editions and titles that have perhaps only had one release, whilst others don't. Star wars particularly has been done to death, there's money to be lost there for sure.

Reactions: StevenPosts
Vine Ok GIF

Granted these look cohesive, but unless the finish is top notch, I’m happy with the black steels