Jurassic World - The Ultimate Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 14, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 10, at 12 AM for Red Carpet, at 9 AM general sale - UK time)
Price: £119.99

Jurassic World Ultimate.jpg

20220609_151027.jpg Jurassic World Case.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kavale
It's not popping up in any other countries yet, I'm trying to calm myself down by assuming that's because it's still more than 4 months till release...

Not many pics or videos of these steelbooks (assuming they are the same as what was released previously) but I saw one video yesterday of JW and Fallen Kingdom and I don't get the hate? Ok some of the colour choices are odd but it's a matching set and they're all glossy

(Obviously they're not as nice as the OG Zavvi ones but a hell of a lot nicer than the matte black wave)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Just in case anyone was wondering, the rear of each one of these steels will simply have the corresponding dino symbol (that's on the right hand side of the outer box) on it. Thats all.

Screenshot_20220616-134724_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: MattBowers2020
  • Thanks
Oh, I should've done a search directly on the site, rather than 'google', which has been useless lately.
That's even more expensive, than Zavvi, about £111 - not 'cool'. :bookworm:
If they're anything like Mad Max and the Godzilla/King Kong set, they'll be cheaper before we know it anyway no doubt. I think I'm going to cancel my pre order with zavvi now.

Dull beyond belief.
I'm all for a steelbook set that matches and has a uniform look to it, but paying a premium price for something so phoned in and uninspired?

Personally don't see how anyone can justify this..

Dull beyond belief.
I'm all for a steelbook set that matches and has a uniform look to it, but paying a premium price for something so phoned in and uninspired?

Personally don't see how anyone can justify this..

Premium price? It works out at £20 a steel plus a free tin to keep them all in. In the days of every new Zavvi Steelbook release coming in at £25-£30+ these are fairly reasonably priced

Reactions: Barca73
As this is a zavvi exclusive will it pop up on amazon? Or anywhere else. I ordered this set. Personaly i like it it. Maybe i am the only one though :whistle:

Not many pics or videos of these steelbooks (assuming they are the same as what was released previously) but I saw one video yesterday of JW and Fallen Kingdom and I don't get the hate? Ok some of the colour choices are odd but it's a matching set and they're all glossy

(Obviously they're not as nice as the OG Zavvi ones but a hell of a lot nicer than the matte black wave)
For me I’m just bored of the same design each which is why I fancy the raptor steel for dominion.
Like you mention I have the OG zavvi ones and the design imo on them are much better, with a bit more going on, full gloss, debossed and images on the back. For JW and FK I have the WWA steels both from HMV and they sit well with the zavvi OG steels. (JW full gloss & FK smooth matte black with spot gloss on the image). Okay none of them are 4K, and if I didn’t own them all I would possibly go for this but I genuinely much prefer those 5 I mentioned compared to these designs. And tbh dominion looks like the best one in this collection.

It's so stupid though. Anyone who bought the black set or the individual coloured steelbooks doesn't have a matching set. They should have released a black case for Dominion so it would match either set. I'm not buying it personally but I feel for those who own the others.
Yep, I hate the trend with a passion as it's clearly just a way to take advantage of collectors... new set/designs = another purchase from completionists = more money for studios = rinse and repeat.

These collection of steels are flat and glossy btw. Decent, solid looking colours and pretty nice film shots for the interiors.

Just got an email from Zavvi saying the release date has been changed to 11/14/2022

Reactions: ddeahl