Kick Ass (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 26, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 21, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £44.99

83C682FF-3739-4227-BC0F-D11A754FEA0D.jpeg

1C6DA6E8-4C3B-41C7-9951-E80DEA16BBF6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, but everyone keeps overlooking the sequel... Why no premiums for Kick-Ass 2?

Because the movie sucked and they know it. That's why so many sequels are skipped for individual steelbooks as well as premium edition box set steelbooks.

Less people are interested in the poorly made sequels so steelbooks aren't made for them. I like this Kick Ass edition but I wouldn't even look at a Kick Ass 2 steelbook.

Because the movie sucked and they know it. That's why so many sequels are skipped for individual steelbooks as well as premium edition box set steelbooks.

Less people are interested in the poorly made sequels so steelbooks aren't made for them. I like this Kick Ass edition but I wouldn't even look at a Kick Ass 2 steelbook.

Kick Ass 2 is a 4/5. A near perfect sequel that stuck to the books almost completely! You might not like it, but I know plenty of people who do. The original "and one of the best ever made" steelbook sold out completely in a short space of time, and for a long time sought after commanding fairly high prices especially the German debossed version.

Kick Ass 2 is a 4/5. A near perfect sequel that stuck to the books almost completely! You might not like it, but I know plenty of people who do. The original "and one of the best ever made" steelbook sold out completely in a short space of time, and for a long time sought after commanding fairly high prices especially the German debossed version.
I really enjoy the sequel too.

Reactions: Bunk and MM3
I liked the sequel as well, 'and all I got was a lousy' windowed slipcase with interchangeable character cards.

Reactions: MM3
With the huge strike in UK ... don't know how Zavvi will deal with shipment.

don't know if I have to cancel the preorder as we don't know how long the strike will be !!!

Any advice please ???

Thanks.

don't know if I have to cancel the preorder as we don't know how long the strike will be !!!

Any advice please ???

Thanks.
All the royal mail strike dates are published on their website. They are just about every week at the moment, but they only last 2 days, then service returns to normal. Don't stress it, no need to cancel a preorder. This won't be shipped out until after the 28th anyway, due to the UK Christmas bank holidays.

• Thanks
Reactions: vinny
All the royal mail strike dates are published on their website. They are just about every week at the moment, but they only last 2 days, then service returns to normal. Don't stress it, no need to cancel a preorder. This won't be shipped out until after the 28th anyway, due to the UK Christmas bank holidays.
I think its more likely they will be taking payment soon and ship via evri. But I could be wrong.

Reactions: Lenny Nero

Any advice please ???

Thanks.
What advice do you want exactly? Cancelling it gains you what exactly? I mean I know I have in the past have been know to stress out about delivery dates. But honestly it will come when it comes.

• Thanks
What advice do you want exactly? Cancelling it gains you what exactly? I mean I know I have in the past have been know to stress out about delivery dates. But honestly it will come when it comes.
The guy isn't from the UK, so he doesn't know the situation over here. Doesn't know the strikes are intermittent, just sees all the chatter about them. So naturally he wanted advice on what is actually happening and what he should do about his order.

I think its more likely they will be taking payment soon and ship via evri. But I could be wrong.
They've been hit and miss on rm/evri, so could be either. They ultimately can't ship until they receive it, which given it being xmas week, I'd expect it to be late, like most xmas releases.

• Thanks
The guy isn't from the UK, so he doesn't know the situation over here. Doesn't know the strikes are intermittent, just sees all the chatter about them. So naturally he wanted advice on what is actually happening and what he should do about his order.

that's exactly my point ... living in France so I don't know the situation in UK ... it's the same kinda thing that with Plain Archive & the Covid, at a moment they could not ship in some countries so we had to find another way to get editions.
I remember I cancelled orders at the time with Plain Archive and found a way to receive korean editions via EMS on ebay with korean retailers.

I read & heard different things with the strike in UK ... French journalists said it's the biggest strike in UK that will last a long time ... so we really don't know what's happen.

Really thank you for your answer ;)

Reactions: samdavies

Any advice please ???

Thanks.
As you based in France you order would not be shipped using Royal Mail so that does not affect you in regards to when your order is dispatched
Your order would be shippped using a courier
Zavvi International orders when dispatched using Tracked Shipping
Most Zavvi pre orders are now shipped from HUT/Zavvi warehouse based in Warrington with tracked shipping
It's Fedex Cross Border International Connect who then send your parcel to your country and delivered by a local courier or your postal service in your country (Who the local courier will be can vary depending on destination country)
In regards to France it can be a local france courier or just your local france postal service La Poste)

When your order is dispatched you would have 2 different tracking numbers
This info will be seen in your account order history when you click track my order or by clicking track my order in the dispatch email
1) FIC tracking number (Starts with HUT) this is Fedex Cross Border International Connect (Note previously known as P2P Mailing and is not the same company as Fedex the Courier)
2) Local tracking number this only active when parcel arrives in destination country and parcel scanned by local courier or postal service

The various transport strikes though can affect as to when Zavvi warehouses gets delivery of stock from supplier and that affects other retailers not just Zavvi
Resulting delay in dispatching of orders and delay in taking payment for orders

Some orders can take longer than usual to be delivered after been dispatched due to various air and rail strikes that's happening in UK/Belgium/Spain/France/Portugal during christmas period and new year

If your order gets shipped from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey it's sent by non tracked standard guernsey post
That happens less often now be shipped from guernsey in regards to pre order releases

It's mostly now older back catalog stock that is shipped from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey

Most Zavvi pre orders are now shipped from HUT/Zavvi warehouse based in Warrington with tracked shipping

Which really sucks because they don't show the VAT paid on the shipping label when packages are shipped from Warrington which results in customs fees when packages arrive in Canada.

Packages from Guernsey always showed the VAT paid and I never had to pay customs fees.

Which really sucks because they don't show the VAT paid on the shipping label when packages are shipped from Warrington which results in customs fees when packages arrive in Canada.

Packages from Guernsey always showed the VAT paid and I never had to pay customs fees.
Tracked Shipping to EU countries
EU vat is paid direct with the courier by Zavvi
Customs data electronic declaration is done by the Fedex Cross Border International Connect aka P2P Mailing
No customs fees for me to pay as the courier passes on the vat payment to revenue in the EU country

My tracking always shows cleared by customs when leaves UK and cleared by Customs when Local Courier Fastway Ireland get my parcel
Fastway then just deliver no fees to pay as they pass on the Vat payment to revenue in Ireland as zavvi already paid the vat with the courier
Fastway already know vat has been paid on the parcel contents from the electronic customs data declaration provided to them by Fedex Cross Border
This is sent electroniclly to Fastway
Fastway Ireland Courier are a licenced customs clearence agent in Republic of Ireland

Other EU countries has different local courier to Fastway Ireland

Canada is different matter to EU countries in regards to customs on Zavvi orders

• Informative
Reactions: Dirk69