Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if this is a prequel so no human involve? except those human leave in skull island?

It could include an earlier group of off-island humans. That map that Carl Denham acquired in KING KONG must've came from somewhere. ;)

@tridon It would be fu**ing awesome if 'SKULL ISLAND' will somehow introduce us to a NEW King Kong vs Godzilla movie!!! :jawdrop::cool:

That would be so awesome, but Kong would have to be HUGE in order to challenge the redesigned Godzilla. I'll cross my fingers for it to happen, though! :D

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Attack the Block's Joe Cornish Offered King Kong Reboot, Skull Island

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121151

Legendary Pictures surprised Comic-Con's Hall this past Saturday by ending their presentation with a teaser trailer for the upcoming King Kong reboot, Skull Island. Now, Deadline reports that an offer to direct is out to Attack the Block helmer Joe Cornish. What's more, the outlet reports that Godzilla scribe Max Borenstein will provide the screenplay.

Appearing to be a sort of Kong "origin story", Skull Island looks like it will explore the life of the classic movie monster before he was taken to civilization. Previous works have touched on the island, but staying and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions.

Cornish recently signed on to helm Section 6 for Universal Pictures. He was also, with Edgar Wright, a writer on the original draft of Marvel Studios' Ant-Man.

Skull Island will be released on November 4, 2016.

Since I don't have my "Movie going Popcorn eating, Soda drinking Emoticon" here's this one!
000071-medium.gif

Reactions: tridon
Joe Cornish receiving the offer to direct SKULL ISLAND is amazing! I loved ATTACK THE BLOCK! I met Cornish a couple years ago... one of the nicest, naturally-funny guys I've ever met. He writes beautiful dialogue, though... it'd be a shame if he can't chime in on the writing process of the film. As much as I loved the new GODZILLA, some of the dialogue that Max Borenstein penned was absolutely cringe-worthy (i.e. that awful telephone sequence between Ford and his wife). So yeah, hopefully Cornish can co-write alongside Borenstein.

I have to say, I'm really happy about the attention that so many of my favourite writer/directors have been receiving. Edgar Wright received all the acclaim first and now it looks like Cornish and Gareth Edwards are following suit. Hopefully the writer/director of TROLLHUNTER, André Øvredal, can receive the next big break! :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Pushed back to March 10, 2017. :(

Official synopsis...

In the spirit of its worldwide blockbusterGodzilla, Legendary Pictures presents a bold new take on the mythos of another iconic beast with Kong: Skull Island, which stars Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers and Thor series).

Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (The Kings of Summer) and written by John Gatins (Flight) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla), Kong: Skull Island will fully immerse audiences in the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Legendary’s story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore, but places it in an entirely new, distinct timeline.

Thomas Tull (Godzilla, The Dark Knight, Pacific Rim) and Jon Jashni (Godzilla, Warcraft) will produce and Alex Garcia (Godzilla) will executive produce. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures.

Pushed back to March 10, 2017. :(

Official synopsis...

In the spirit of its worldwide blockbusterGodzilla, Legendary Pictures presents a bold new take on the mythos of another iconic beast with Kong: Skull Island, which stars Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers and Thor series).

Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (The Kings of Summer) and written by John Gatins (Flight) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla), Kong: Skull Island will fully immerse audiences in the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Legendary’s story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore, but places it in an entirely new, distinct timeline.

Thomas Tull (Godzilla, The Dark Knight, Pacific Rim) and Jon Jashni (Godzilla, Warcraft) will produce and Alex Garcia (Godzilla) will executive produce. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures.
@tridon You had me at, "In the spirit of its worldwide blockbuster Godzilla" :drool:

I just read the news of the delay! :mad: But it's only 4 months, so it's not that bad ;) Pacific Rim and Kong: Skull Island getting released in the same year!? :OMG: F**K YEAH!!! :cool: :notworthy:

Reactions: tridon