Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this Apocalypse Now style poster was fan made when I first saw it, but it's apparently official. They're absolutely killing it with the posters for this movie! :OMG:

View attachment 290102
@Noodles WOW!!! That's truly a fu**ing AWESOME Poster! :woot: :drool:

Get in here @zesty, this needs to be your next Custom FullSlip! :hungry:
@Noodles Poster of the Year candidate! Love it!
@kaw :cool:
45ww0wy.gif

WOW!!! :OMG:

I'm definitely needing that for my wall! Check it out, @bloodsnake007! :thumbs:
@tridon Same here Kenzilla! :drool: Thanks for the tag my Ninja Bro! :notworthy:

I'm with Franky on this one! I'll take one of two of these beauties... and a reverse variant if one's created! :naughty::p

@tridon One thing I've been wondering.... Where in the hell is the Soundtrack/Score?! :OMG: :confused: I haven't seen any listings of one getting released/ Will this film get one? Know anything?

Damn, man... I haven't been receiving my tags lately! I just saw this post because I was in here looking at @zesty's awesome slipbox! :drool:

Yeah, there's been zero news regarding the soundtrack for Skull Island. Looks like Henry Jackman is composing it. He's a good composer, but he's never really created anything super memorable as far as themes go. Hopefully he proves me wrong with this film. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: zesty
This film quite possibly has the great posters I've ever seen. If the Japanese Blu-ray of Kong features this art, I'm definitely in! :thumbs:

Check it out, @bloodsnake007!
I honestly can't think of a single movie that has produced this many awesome looking posters... something tells me that they're not quite done yet either!