Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 799 CZK
Notes: 751 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

14444849_1111322098984765_58629197003177188_o.jpg

14469449_1111322135651428_1764808850888197179_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When did this invite thing start?

Whiplash was 500 copies, and I got 2 through the Group Buy. I wasn't invited to it. I just signed up when it went live.
Ex Machina was 750 copies, and I got 2 of those as well.

Also, where did the speculation come from that this will be such a low number? I haven't see any comments on FB or anything regarding a print run size. Was that just a completely random comment to throw people into a frenzy?

When did this invite thing start?

Whiplash was 500 copies, and I got 2 through the Group Buy. I wasn't invited to it. I just signed up when it went live.
Ex Machina was 750 copies, and I got 2 of those as well.

Also, where did the speculation come from that this will be such a low number? I haven't see any comments on FB or anything regarding a print run size. Was that just a completely random comment to throw people into a frenzy?
I take it you haven't participated in the FAC Sabotage, Seventh Son, Maze Runner Scorch Trials etc......GB's then?

The invitational group buys are for releases that are only available in low quantities (usually a few hundred copies). It started with The Last Stand where collectors who owned a lot of the previous FAC releases and participated in the early group buys were given priority as a 'reward' for their loyalty. The list of members who made it into that group buy has since been used as a basis for invitations to participate group buys for subsequent low quantity releases including Seventh Son, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and the latest release, Ted. If you haven't purchased any of those titles, then the chances of making into future invitation only group buys are almost zero.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
If you haven't purchased any of those titles, then the chances of making into future invitation only group buys are almost zero.

I passed on those because I didn't need them. If i got them, I'd be stuck with them as FilmArena are coming down on people who resell. So I would just be getting them to trade.

I passed so people who really wanted them would get a copy instead.

It's a flawed system if I am to get penalised in the future for not opting to join those ones. Maybe I was foolish now and should have lapped up all of them when I was given the chance? :(

I passed on those because I didn't need them. If i got them, I'd be stuck with them as FilmArena are coming down on people who resell. So I would just be getting them to trade.

I passed so people who really wanted them would get a copy instead.

It's a flawed system if I am to get penalised in the future for not opting to join those ones. Maybe I was foolish now and should have lapped up all of them when I was given the chance? :(

It is definitely a flawed system, you shouldn't have to buy a bunch of titles you don't want on the off chance that one you do want may be released in the future.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Well I've only ordered Maze Runner scorch trials from the list that Snooloui quoted, so I have a very small chance to get an 'invitation'. Oh well, back to pulling a few strings finding the friends that can help :naughty:

It is definitely a flawed system, you shouldn't have to buy a bunch of titles you don't want on the off chance that one you do want may be released in the future.

Couldn't agree more. I have 8 FAC titles now with 4 more on the way. I pick & choose what I'm interested in. I looked on the FilmArena website about applying for the "Still Collectible Number" to get the limited ones. If you skip one title in the FAC line you forfeit your place. Admittedly, I wasn't interested in Seventh Son or The Maze Runner, but would have probably picked up The Last Stand & definitely would have snagged a copy of Ted, but sadly can't. I feel like its a punishment for not buying every single release.

I hope the same doesn't hold true for this title as its one that I really want!

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Couldn't agree more. I have 8 FAC titles now with 4 more on the way. I pick & choose what I'm interested in. I looked on the FilmArena website about applying for the "Still Collectible Number" to get the limited ones. If you skip one title in the FAC line you forfeit your place. Admittedly, I wasn't interested in Seventh Son or The Maze Runner, but would have probably picked up The Last Stand & definitely would have snagged a copy of Ted, but sadly can't. I feel like its a punishment for not buying every single release.

I hope the same doesn't hold true for this title as its one that I really want!

You don't forfeit your. Collectable number if you skip a release you forfeit them by not saying you don't want it. The rules say you have a week to purchase them or deny them. Either of those options keep your collectable number. And if you do want one that is a lower print run of your collectable number you can always apply to the waiting list. That goes by first come first served so just be ready to jump on it as soon as you can. As I know with each of the limited invite only Gbs there's been plenty to pass on them. I think the invite thing is nice little perk for being a film arena supporter and having slot of thier editions kinda like blufans vip status. Gives the vips first priority.