Waxwork Records Léon: The Professional - OST by Eric Serra (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release Date: 26, August 2016
Link: Waxwork Records
Price: 35 USD

Note: First time on vinyl, 2xLP 180 gram, “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl / “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl, Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating, Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Upper_East_Side_Web_FINAL.jpg
Gun_Metal_Package_3_web_FINAL.jpg

The_Professional_Cover_Web.jpg

Upper_East_Side_b_FINAL.jpg

Gun_Metal_Package_2_web_FINAL.jpg

professional_back_cover_web_FINAL.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the film score debut of Léon: The Professional on deluxe vinyl. The 1994 action-crime-thriller film directed by Luc Besson (The Fifth Element,Lucy) stars Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and features the motion picture debut of Natalie Portman. In the film, Léon (Reno), a professional hitman, reluctantly takes in 12-year-old Mathilda (Portman), after her family is murdered by corrupt Drug Enforcement Administration agent, Norman Stansfield (Oldman). Léon and Mathilda form an unusual relationship, as she becomes his protégée and learns the hitman's trade.

Waxwork Records’ new double-LP release marks the very first time the film score by composer Éric Serra has been released on vinyl. Combining both electronic and orchestral cues, Serra creates a score that is tense, yet beautiful, which compliments the film’s action sequences and the childhood innocence of Mathilda.

In keeping with Waxwork Records’ tireless efforts to create the highest quality soundtrack and film score releases on vinyl, the audio for Léon: The Professional was sourced from the original master tapes and then re-mastered for vinyl by producer and former White Zombie guitarist, J. Yuenger. The packaging includes 180 gram colored vinyl, heavyweight old-style tip on jackets with soft-touch coating, and new artwork by Oliver Barrett.

Léon: The Professional is available in two variants:

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time, Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Track List:

Side A

A1. Noon

A2. Cute Name

A3. Ballad For Mathilda

A4. What’s Happening Out There?

A5. A Bird In New York

A6. She Is Dead

Side B

B1. Fatman

B2. Leon The Cleaner

B3. Can I Have A Word With You?

B4. The Game Is Over

B5. Feel The Breath

B6. Room 4602

Side C

C1. Very Special Delivery

C2. When Leon Does His Best

C3. Back On The Crime Scene

C4. Birds Of Storm

C5. Tony the IBM

C6. How Do You Know It’s Love?

Side D

D1. The Fight (Part 1: The Swat Squad)

D2. The Fight (Part 2: Bring Me Everyone)

D3. The Fight (Part 3: The Big Weapon)

D4. The Fight (Part 4: One Is Alive)

D5. Two Ways Out

Last edited:
cheers, mate. :thumbs: i missed out on The Thing, but with Phase IV and especially this, i've been very impressed with Waxwork (even if their postage costs are... interesting) for their packaging, service and of course their final product. even my significant other, who usually finds my interest in collectibles at best bemusing, thought this gatefold vinyl package was beautiful. :drool:

re: the poster, got it way back when the film came out. it's a French flyposter (you can see the folds faintly through the sunshine reflections in the shot), i think they made a couple hundred of them and stuck then around Paris. there aren't many left cos they were all glued to walls and then subsequently removed or lost. it's Gaumont / Buena Vista branded, so i think it was part of the official campaign. many years and a lot of removed blutack from (foolish ignorance and) decades on walls later and it's almost as good as when i first bought it. the restoration and particularly framing (cos it's a really large image) has cost 25 x the original cost of the poster :wow:, but me and my significant other love both the film and the poster, so there was no debate about doing it! :happy: and we'll be taking better care of it from now on...
giphy.gif

I like the Leon release a lot but my favorite release from Waxwork is still the Taxi Driver OST. That's a beast! But Leon comes right behind it. Both very favorite movies of mine with a lot of memories connected to it.

Great story on the poster! And awesome that you restored it. It looks like it was very worth it!

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
happy days. :) alongside my Phase IV arrival was, finally, my own copy of this beauty. it's a fantastic soundtrack, and i really listened to it more last time i watched the film. it works very well on its own, too.

my in hand shots. i went for the 'Upper East Side Splatter,' goes better with the gatefold artwork.
nice, too, to unite the vinyl with my favourite poster, now restored and framed. :happy: sadly the vinyl can't live here permanently, as it's sitting on a radiator in shot!
View media item 23679also re: the film's story and aspects of it, @tridon @Flloydo ...
myself, my significant other and friends of both genders have never had any discomfort watching the director's cut of Leon. Mathilda is a young girl with an obsession, but it's made very clear throughout that Leon is not and would never be interested in a Lolita-style relationship with her. not only is he damaged after the relationship that made him leave Europe, but if Mathilda is a woman trapped in a girl's body, Leon is a boy trapped in a man's body. he can't read or write, his face becomes childlike when watching Gene Kelly. at the end of the film, we've always interpreted their final conversation as him assuming a fatherly, guardian's viewpoint. but the film's so well made you could read the ambiguities the other way, too. my two cents'.

a great package for a great film. :thumbs:
giphy.gif

Only just seen your post (I didn't get the tag which sometimes happens)

Same, also want for that variant.

Lovely poster mate. Very very nice

Leon is one of my favourite films but I just can't watch the directors cut, I've only seen it once and it kinda ruined it for me but I'll watch the normal version any day of the week

Cool story on how you got it