Waxwork Records Léon: The Professional - OST by Eric Serra (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release Date: 26, August 2016
Link: Waxwork Records
Price: 35 USD

Note: First time on vinyl, 2xLP 180 gram, “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl / “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl, Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating, Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Upper_East_Side_Web_FINAL.jpg
Gun_Metal_Package_3_web_FINAL.jpg

The_Professional_Cover_Web.jpg

Upper_East_Side_b_FINAL.jpg

Gun_Metal_Package_2_web_FINAL.jpg

professional_back_cover_web_FINAL.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the film score debut of Léon: The Professional on deluxe vinyl. The 1994 action-crime-thriller film directed by Luc Besson (The Fifth Element,Lucy) stars Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and features the motion picture debut of Natalie Portman. In the film, Léon (Reno), a professional hitman, reluctantly takes in 12-year-old Mathilda (Portman), after her family is murdered by corrupt Drug Enforcement Administration agent, Norman Stansfield (Oldman). Léon and Mathilda form an unusual relationship, as she becomes his protégée and learns the hitman's trade.

Waxwork Records’ new double-LP release marks the very first time the film score by composer Éric Serra has been released on vinyl. Combining both electronic and orchestral cues, Serra creates a score that is tense, yet beautiful, which compliments the film’s action sequences and the childhood innocence of Mathilda.

In keeping with Waxwork Records’ tireless efforts to create the highest quality soundtrack and film score releases on vinyl, the audio for Léon: The Professional was sourced from the original master tapes and then re-mastered for vinyl by producer and former White Zombie guitarist, J. Yuenger. The packaging includes 180 gram colored vinyl, heavyweight old-style tip on jackets with soft-touch coating, and new artwork by Oliver Barrett.

Léon: The Professional is available in two variants:

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time, Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Track List:

Side A

A1. Noon

A2. Cute Name

A3. Ballad For Mathilda

A4. What’s Happening Out There?

A5. A Bird In New York

A6. She Is Dead

Side B

B1. Fatman

B2. Leon The Cleaner

B3. Can I Have A Word With You?

B4. The Game Is Over

B5. Feel The Breath

B6. Room 4602

Side C

C1. Very Special Delivery

C2. When Leon Does His Best

C3. Back On The Crime Scene

C4. Birds Of Storm

C5. Tony the IBM

C6. How Do You Know It’s Love?

Side D

D1. The Fight (Part 1: The Swat Squad)

D2. The Fight (Part 2: Bring Me Everyone)

D3. The Fight (Part 3: The Big Weapon)

D4. The Fight (Part 4: One Is Alive)

D5. Two Ways Out

Last edited:
That's good to hear mate, on the waxwork tracking it arrived in London and passed through the facility yeaterday but it still don't let me track it on Royal Mail!! Strange
I think tracking on Royal Mail only starts to work once it changes from "London, United Kingdom" to just "United Kingdom" on the USPS site, or at least that's when mine seemed to start working.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Mine's FINALLY arrived! No idea why it was returned to the US, as there's no note or any sign of damage (thankfully).

I had no idea they'd used that rubber textured paper for this... a really nice touch IMO. Such a beautiful release that I'm very happy to own. :D

Finally mate!! Congrats :thumbs: Yeah, the texture of the gatefold is really nice

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles @dan8885 are you happy guys with the condition of the sleeve / corners? I've never ordered from Wax Records before and would like to know how they select records and pack them for a long trip
Put it this way... mine survived two trips from the US to the UK. The packaging is quite thick, plus they place an extra sheet of card and a single layer of bubble wrap inside... although mine was quite banged up along the edges/corners and also had a dent on the front of the box which worried me when I first saw it, thankfully the record itself was unharmed. :)

@Noodles @dan8885 are you happy guys with the condition of the sleeve / corners? I've never ordered from Wax Records before and would like to know how they select records and pack them for a long trip

Put it this way... mine survived two trips from the US to the UK. The packaging is quite thick, plus they place an extra sheet of card and a single layer of bubble wrap inside... although mine was quite banged up along the edges/corners and also had a dent on the front of the box which worried me when I first saw it, thankfully the record itself was unharmed. :)

Nick already said everything. All vinyl I ordered from Waxwork I received perfectly mint. From the US to Germany. Their packaging is perfect.
I must confess Waxwork is my favorite OST retailer above Mondo. Mondo does incredible releases but Waxwork knocked it out of the ballpark this year with Taxi Driver, Warriors and Léon :drool:

Mine's FINALLY arrived! No idea why it was returned to the US, as there's no note or any sign of damage (thankfully).

I had no idea they'd used that rubber textured paper for this... a really nice touch IMO. Such a beautiful release that I'm very happy to own. :D

Got mine today mate also

Tbh I'm a bit dissapointed, the vinyl package is lovely and the vinyl is very cool too but the corners of my gatefold look quite worn with one corner with a dent, the side of the opening where you insert the vinyl is a bit crinkled and the inside spine unglues each time i open it with a horrible unsticking noise. Also a few marks on the black parts of the gatefold

Also side A pops and crackles for me

If I ever do order from waxwork again I hope the same don't happen. Travel to uk and back to the US and then back to the uk taking over half a month, ignored my message and recieving damaged packaging

I also agree the feel is nice too and i love the imagery used for the gatefold. Front back and inside

Would of been cool to include some form or insert (but i knew it didn't include one)

Got mine today mate also

Tbh I'm a bit dissapointed, the vinyl package is lovely and the vinyl is very cool too but the corners of my gatefold look quite worn with one corner with a dent, the side of the opening where you insert the vinyl is a bit crinkled and the inside spine unglues each time i open it with a horrible unsticking noise. Also a few marks on the black parts of the gatefold

Also side A pops and crackles for me

If I ever do order from waxwork again I hope the same don't happen. Travel to uk and back to the US and then back to the uk taking over half a month, ignored my message and recieving damaged packaging

I also agree the feel is nice too and i love the imagery used for the gatefold. Front back and inside

Would of been cool to include some form or insert (but i knew it didn't include one)
Sorry to hear that mate. I'd honestly send it back if it were me... you paid too much to accept it in that condition! I'm surprised they never replied to your previous email either... I got in touch with them again today to let them know mine had finally arrived, and they responded fairly quickly. As for your record popping/crackling, that reminds me that I should properly check mine soon... I haven't actually got around to listening to it yet.

Sorry to hear that mate. I'd honestly send it back if it were me... you paid too much to accept it in that condition! I'm surprised they never replied to your previous email either... I got in touch with them again today to let them know mine had finally arrived, and they responded fairly quickly. As for your record popping/crackling, that reminds me that I should properly check mine soon... I haven't actually got around to listening to it yet.

I have contacted them, I would like to send it back for a replacement hopefully but I'm worried about the journey it takes
Yeah they competely ignored my last message

Side A is quite bad for me, side B is a bit better. Not had one like the way mine sounds before

• Thanks
I have contacted them, I would like to send it back for a replacement hopefully but I'm worried about the journey it takes
Yeah they competely ignored my last message

Side A is quite bad for me, side B is a bit better. Not had one like the way mine sounds before
Certainly not a great first experience for you then dude... and I thought mine with Taxi Driver was bad! Hopefully it all works out for you in the end though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Certainly not a great first experience for you then dude... and I thought mine with Taxi Driver was bad! Hopefully it all works out for you in the end though.

I forgot about your taxi driver experience

Not sure yours might of been worse tbh

See what happens

• Thanks
@Noodles @Flloydo glad you both finally received your copies sorry @Flloydo that yours is not right. I agree with Nick if you're not happy let them know these releases are not cheap i was fortunate mine is mint but i haven't played the vinyl yet so best check. I hate buying vinyl from overseas as it's a worry re packaging & returns
I think sound with these coloured pressings they are hit and miss i've read lots of bad reviews re poor sound on Twin Peaks but others say it's fine. I have LA Woman by the Doors on White Vinyl i read reviews after buying that said it was unplayable but mine sounds fine. Hope you get sorted @Flloydo you could just ask for a refund and order another from the UK as a couple of sites are now selling this at least if there is a problem its a UK seller

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
@Noodles @Flloydo glad you both finally received your copies sorry @Flloydo that yours is not right. I agree with Nick if you're not happy let them know these releases are not cheap i was fortunate mine is mint but i haven't played the vinyl yet so best check. I hate buying vinyl from overseas as it's a worry re packaging & returns
I think sound with these coloured pressings they are hit and miss i've read lots of bad reviews re poor sound on Twin Peaks but others say it's fine. I have LA Woman by the Doors on White Vinyl i read reviews after buying that said it was unplayable but mine sounds fine. Hope you get sorted @Flloydo you could just ask for a refund and order another from the UK as a couple of sites are now selling this at least if there is a problem its a UK seller
Thanks bud! I listened to mine today just to make sure it played ok, which it did thankfully. Although, when I went to put the record away I noticed the sleeve had a slight slit along the top which I'd obviously missed before... it's nothing major though and not too noticeable, so I can live with it. :)

Thanks bud! I listened to mine today just to make sure it played ok, which it did thankfully. Although, when I went to put the record away I noticed the sleeve had a slight slit along the top which I'd obviously missed before... it's nothing major though and not too noticeable, so I can live with it. :)

It turns out they did reply to my message the other day, it went through to my junk mail :facepalm:
Not sure why i didn't check there

What other sites sell it @Travis Bickle ?
I might do that instead

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
happy days. :) alongside my Phase IV arrival was, finally, my own copy of this beauty. it's a fantastic soundtrack, and i really listened to it more last time i watched the film. it works very well on its own, too.

my in hand shots. i went for the 'Upper East Side Splatter,' goes better with the gatefold artwork.
nice, too, to unite the vinyl with my favourite poster, now restored and framed. :happy: sadly the vinyl can't live here permanently, as it's sitting on a radiator in shot!
View media item 23679also re: the film's story and aspects of it, @tridon @Flloydo ...
myself, my significant other and friends of both genders have never had any discomfort watching the director's cut of Leon. Mathilda is a young girl with an obsession, but it's made very clear throughout that Leon is not and would never be interested in a Lolita-style relationship with her. not only is he damaged after the relationship that made him leave Europe, but if Mathilda is a woman trapped in a girl's body, Leon is a boy trapped in a man's body. he can't read or write, his face becomes childlike when watching Gene Kelly. at the end of the film, we've always interpreted their final conversation as him assuming a fatherly, guardian's viewpoint. but the film's so well made you could read the ambiguities the other way, too. my two cents'.

a great package for a great film. :thumbs:
giphy.gif

Great pickup @steelmybeatingheart :thumbs: I also went for upper-east-side variant. It's an amazing release by Waxwork! And your poster looks beautiful though :thumbs::thumbs:
cheers, mate. :thumbs: i missed out on The Thing, but with Phase IV and especially this, i've been very impressed with Waxwork (even if their postage costs are... interesting) for their packaging, service and of course their final product. even my significant other, who usually finds my interest in collectibles at best bemusing, thought this gatefold vinyl package was beautiful. :drool:

re: the poster, got it way back when the film came out. it's a French flyposter (you can see the folds faintly through the sunshine reflections in the shot), i think they made a couple hundred of them and stuck then around Paris. there aren't many left cos they were all glued to walls and then subsequently removed or lost. it's Gaumont / Buena Vista branded, so i think it was part of the official campaign. many years and a lot of removed blutack from (foolish ignorance and) decades on walls later and it's almost as good as when i first bought it. the restoration and particularly framing (cos it's a really large image) has cost 25 x the original cost of the poster :wow:, but me and my significant other love both the film and the poster, so there was no debate about doing it! :happy: and we'll be taking better care of it from now on...
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885