Multi Last game played/purchased

@hatredhorror Have you played Man of Medan? I've seen some gameplay videos prior to release which put me off about the exaggerated facial expressions of characters. Hopefully they fixed it or will fix it soon.

They did the same in Until Dawn.. it's just the way they animate faces. Personally I think it makes the games a bit more amusing as a result.

@hatredhorror Have you played Man of Medan? I've seen some gameplay videos prior to release which put me off about the exaggerated facial expressions of characters. Hopefully they fixed it or will fix it soon.

Am playing The Last of Us at the moment on survivor. I know, am so late with the game lol but only got into gaming/PS4 last year so had few titles to catch up with.

Looking forward to Greedfall for some reason. I like the idea of 'choices affecting outcome' kind of games and storylines.
no, i havent actually.. had heard its only 4 hours long, so rather than spending 30€, i have just watched a playthrough on twitch.. its a cool game, but not cool enough to spend 30€ on it imo..

last of us is one of the favourite games imo.. cant wait till 2 comes out..

havent heard about greedfall tbh, will check out it perhaps

Trying to get into the habit of gaming again before Death Stranding is out, so have jumped back on LA Noire, and it took all of one mission to remind me why I put the game down in the first place... the interrogations are impossible! Thought maybe I was just rubbish at reading the characters facial expressions, but I did a Google search and apparently there's tons of others who agree that it's a load of rubbish. I even restarted the case and retried the same interrogation with different responses, and still somehow failed the majority of them. Not only that, but it's pretty tedious having to drive from one location to the next, and even the gameplay itself gets pretty repetitive after a while too. How the hell did this game get such good reviews?!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Trying to get into the habit of gaming again before Death Stranding is out, so have jumped back on LA Noire, and it took all of one mission to remind me why I put the game down in the first place... the interrogations are impossible! Thought maybe I was just rubbish at reading the characters facial expressions, but I did a Google search and apparently there's tons of others who agree that it's a load of rubbish. I even restarted the case and retried the same interrogation with different responses, and still somehow failed the majority of them. Not only that, but it's pretty tedious having to drive from one location to the next, and even the gameplay itself gets pretty repetitive after a while too. How the hell did this game get such good reviews?!
Didn't they remaster the game and make changes to fix these issues?

Didn't they remaster the game and make changes to fix these issues?
The remaster is what I'm playing, and the only differences I know of is that they changed the names for the options you can select during interrogations... I think they may have even changed them again via an update since I last played too, because I don't remember them being named what they currently are (Good Cop, Bad Cop, Accuse) before. I actually just came across a comment on Reddit that claims they were originally titled Coax, Force, Lie and they decided to change them (to Truth, Doubt, Lie) before the games release for some reason. I'm going to give it a go with the original descriptions in mind, and hopefully that helps. Clearly R* are aware they fudged up though... unfortunately, that simple change obviously doesn't help matters if folks are still complaining to this day.

Reactions: C.C. 95

You can fail almost every case and still finish the game as I recall.. I think that pretty much tells you the devs knew it was trash.. as for why it got good reviews.. face tech was an interesting gimmick (despite the fact as you've found out that it was useless) and R* provided the engine. Almost everything else from Bondi is jank. I'd play something more gamey before DS otherwise you're just going from one walking sim to another. :rofl:

Reactions: Noodles
You can fail almost every case and still finish the game as I recall.. I think that pretty much tells you the devs knew it was trash.. as for why it got good reviews.. face tech was an interesting gimmick (despite the fact as you've found out that it was useless) and R* provided the engine. Almost everything else from Bondi is jank. I'd play something more gamey before DS otherwise you're just going from one walking sim to another. :rofl:
Hmm yeah, so I've heard... which is kinda lame to be honest. Even so, it's still frustrating and doesn't help matters that the game basically reminds you when you've failed each time, just to further rub it in lol. I've no desire to go back to the game again now anyway, so on to the next! Might jump back on another R* game that I was actually really enjoying before my hiatus from gaming... Red Dead 2!

Was lucky enough after a super hard couple of weeks away with work to return to a PS4.... So the latest purchase has been Spiderman

Hmm yeah, so I've heard... which is kinda lame to be honest. Even so, it's still frustrating and doesn't help matters that the game basically reminds you when you've failed each time, just to further rub it in lol. I've no desire to go back to the game again now anyway, so on to the next! Might jump back on another R* game that I was actually really enjoying before my hiatus from gaming... Red Dead 2!

Yeah I remember it ticking me off when I played it on PS3. Weirdly almost thought about checking it out again just recently but you've reminded me of the main factor that annoyed me coupled with the empty open map.. I don't know why they didn't come up with side activities for you to do in the world. As I recall the style of the era was awesome.. and everything else just sucked lol.

Been playing a bit of Mad Max.. the ultimate map tidying simulation. :D Will be picking up Indivisible (at last!) in the coming days then The Outer Worlds near the end of the month. Oh yeah Travis Strikes Again is out this month too.. all of a sudden I have too many games on my plate. I didn't even pick up River City Girls yet because it seems overpriced lol.

Yeah I remember it ticking me off when I played it on PS3. Weirdly almost thought about checking it out again just recently but you've reminded me of the main factor that annoyed me coupled with the empty open map.. I don't know why they didn't come up with side activities for you to do in the world. As I recall the style of the era was awesome.. and everything else just sucked lol.

Been playing a bit of Mad Max.. the ultimate map tidying simulation. :D Will be picking up Indivisible (at last!) in the coming days then The Outer Worlds near the end of the month. Oh yeah Travis Strikes Again is out this month too.. all of a sudden I have too many games on my plate. I didn't even pick up River City Girls yet because it seems overpriced lol.
Yeah, that's another thing... the open world just feels wasted. The only thing close to side missions are the random calls you get whilst in your car, and even those basically just have you drive from point A to point B on a huge map that feels empty.

How are you finding Mad Max? Seems to be a game that went under a lot of people's radar, but I really enjoyed that one both story-wise and gameplay-wise. Can't say I've even heard of the other games you've mentioned, but then I've been out of the loop for a while when it comes to gaming.

Yeah, that's another thing... the open world just feels wasted. The only thing close to side missions are the random calls you get whilst in your car, and even those basically just have you drive from point A to point B on a huge map that feels empty.

How are you finding Mad Max? Seems to be a game that went under a lot of people's radar, but I really enjoyed that one both story-wise and gameplay-wise. Can't say I've even heard of the other games you've mentioned, but then I've been out of the loop for a while when it comes to gaming.

Mad Max is a weird one to me.. it's not really what I would consider AAA production.. seems a little lacking in some areas but at the same time it kinda keeps me going as well. I'm not really hooked by it's main story and should be over CLEARING THE MAP but it's pretty easy to jump into and just have a bit of fun for a while smashing up some cars and getting into some fights. Not sure what else I would really want out of it. It seems to hit enough plus points to keep me going though I'm not sure if I'll be bothered to fully upgrade the car o anything as looting scrap even with autopick-ups and all still takes quite a long time!

Mad Max is a weird one to me.. it's not really what I would consider AAA production.. seems a little lacking in some areas but at the same time it kinda keeps me going as well. I'm not really hooked by it's main story and should be over CLEARING THE MAP but it's pretty easy to jump into and just have a bit of fun for a while smashing up some cars and getting into some fights. Not sure what else I would really want out of it. It seems to hit enough plus points to keep me going though I'm not sure if I'll be bothered to fully upgrade the car o anything as looting scrap even with autopick-ups and all still takes quite a long time!
I hear what you're saying. Honestly, it's probably not a game I'd get hooked on nowadays either... but back when it first came out I found it really enjoyable. The combat style was exactly the same as the Batman Arkham games, which is a series I loved... that's something else I couldn't see myself enjoying now though unfortunately. Man, I'm getting old! :old:

Reactions: Last Lizard
I hear what you're saying. Honestly, it's probably not a game I'd get hooked on nowadays either... but back when it first came out I found it really enjoyable. The combat style was exactly the same as the Batman Arkham games, which is a series I loved... that's something else I couldn't see myself enjoying now though unfortunately. Man, I'm getting old! :old:
Mate, I know the feeling :OMG: I remember playing games a few years back and loving them, playing them recently, not so much and funny enough the Batman series was a few of them.

Recently picked up a PS4 and was really hoping for a boost, unfortunately, it hasn't come yet with what I've played, Spiderman being one of them.

I have Breakpoint sat here so really hoping that this gives me a boost:wow:

Mate, I know the feeling :OMG: I remember playing games a few years back and loving them, playing them recently, not so much and funny enough the Batman series was a few of them.

Recently picked up a PS4 and was really hoping for a boost, unfortunately, it hasn't come yet with what I've played, Spiderman being one of them.

I have Breakpoint sat here so really hoping that this gives me a boost:wow:
Funny thing is; quite a few folks have said the same to me over the past few months, and I definitely think it's down to old age/growing up. There's one of my mates in particular who I could never imagine falling out of love with gaming, and whilst he hasn't exactly stopped gaming completely, his taste in games has changed dramatically... he's more into chilled gaming now, much like myself lol.

Spider-Man is a game I know I should've been super hyped about, much like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn etc. But I just couldn't get excited for them, even though I can agree they look really cool. I mean, Red Dead Redemption 2 was one of my most anticipated games, yet I got part way through and lost interest, and it's not that the game's boring either... I just cba with that type of genre any more.

Hopefully you're able to enjoy Breakpoint anyway mate. Let us know how you get on!

Death Stranding

What a truly strange experience this game was. It's got some good points and some pretty rough points as well, having seen it through to the end it may no longer be the unclassifiable walled garden it was for the entirety of its 3 year build up.. but what I'm left with is at least a game that I'll probably never forget.People will go back and forth on whether it's created a new genre as creator Hideo Kojima claimed.. on the surface you might say there's very little we haven't seen before but I think that if it's to set any sort of precedent in gaming going forward it may be less about genre and more of a focus on the idea that you can take what I see more as a concept you'd be far more likely to see in a lower budget indie game being applied to the AAA space. The game's influence may be felt in the form of letting major developers take more risks.. I don't know how well the game sold but I'm betting it probably hasn't lost any money. The issue however is that there aren't too many brand names like Kojima in the videogame space and ultimately it has been his name that saw to it that this thing got made at all. Over time we'll probably see more of it though I reckon.. Death Stranding's central focus is about connections and building bridges.. I think this game is a bridge between the artistic mediums and could further encourage an even closer link between videogame and film.. it's about blending authorial intent deeper into games and to allow more risks to be taken.. to break free of the constraints genres usually impose and challenge the players to see beyond the typical styles of feedback we've been conditioned to enjoy in videogames since they were invented. Death Stranding feels like an experiment and one that I really don't think fully succeeds at all but I can still appreciate the risks it took in an attempt to shake things up. It feels in its own weird way that it could have the potential to start something new.. time will tell if it does.

Very pleased to see Gris make an appearance on PS4 just recently.. was hoping it would travel on over from the Switch and it has so I picked it up along with Travis Strikes Again. Definitely in the vein of indie art games like Journey - it even has a short homage segment to it exclusive to PS4 that anyone who's played it will remember. Beautiful presentation, simple puzzle solving, nice ambient and relaxed atmosphere and lovely music have it shaping up as a memorable experience that I look forward to finishing later. Feels like one I can easily be tempted to go for all the trophies on too. Highly recommended if you want something that's pretty short, easy breezy, arty and heartfelt.

Picked up Modern Warfare yesterday, well the kids did for me :happy: Was a toss-up between this and Death Stranding but heard a very mixed batch of reviews so decided to play it safe with this:LOL:

Haven't played it yet but plan to give it a little go tonight :thumbs:

About to get the Platinum trophy in Death Stranding.

Very pleased with the experience. As most of people who started playing it, I was neither here or there with it in the beginning but as I progressed and got my feet wet for about 10 hours I can say it hooked me up.
Most I loved about the game was the idea of interconnecting player worlds with each other, yet not being able to see any player in your world. Gives you that feeling of exploring in a post apocalyptic world all by yourself and coming across structures or items dropped by other players just to ease the loneliness.

Story was great as well. Lou FTW :D