Last purchased/Pics Of Your Last Videogame SteelBook Acquired

How many Video Game Steelbooks do you own?

• 1-4

Votes: 43 31.2%
  • 5-15

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • 16-40

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • 41+

Votes: 35 25.4%

• Total voters
found this when tidying up my cellar.. wish zavvi had continued their video game steelbook line.. this and dark souls are pretty damn cool

2EC023E5-9F8D-4AE5-9673-94341082C8E6.jpeg

Anyone know why they stopped the video game steelbooks chain? I've messaged them a few months ago to ask if they have any plans to release video game steelbooks again and they responded with "Thank you for your feedback, we will consider this again if interest picks up." Probably just a generic message but maybe if more people would show interest.. who knows?!

Was just going through my steelbooks and found this Last of Us Part 2 steelbook that has a really redish hue/shade to it. I checked my other sealed ones and some online ones and none seem to be of this colour. I now wonder if this is the Japanese one or if it's a printing error.

1686380390813.jpg

Reactions: hatredhorror
Anyone know why they stopped the video game steelbooks chain? I've messaged them a few months ago to ask if they have any plans to release video game steelbooks again and they responded with "Thank you for your feedback, we will consider this again if interest picks up." Probably just a generic message but maybe if more people would show interest.. who knows?!
they took quite a while to sell out, so probably figured theres not much interest

thats one intricately designed steelbook... both front and back embossed.. frame is glossy, the picture high quality matte with metalic elements

C4C26047-B5CF-481A-BCD0-126BCDB19E16.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Thoth
thats one intricately designed steelbook... both front and back embossed.. frame is glossy, the picture high quality matte with metalic elements

Is this the Limited Run one?

Nevermind, just noticed the other thread. Glad I grabbed this then! Will be a while to get my hands on it but I want to personally pack it and ship it when I travel to USA to ensure condition is good.

Is this the Limited Run one?

Nevermind, just noticed the other thread. Glad I grabbed this then! Will be a while to get my hands on it but I want to personally pack it and ship it when I travel to USA to ensure condition is good.
yeah, the rest is pretty whatever (to me at least) tho unfortunately.. but i guess im just not very much into bulky collectors editions..

Last edited:
yeah, the rest is pretty whatever (to me at least) tho unfortunately.. but i guess im just not very much into bulky collectors editions..

I used to buy almost every Collector's Edition a while ago but I stopped now. Most of them are underwhelming now with lazy designs and cheap merchandise, but prices keep soaring. I am actually considering letting go of many of the boxes I have and just save "The Last of Us" and "Resident Evil" related items and stick to collecting steelbooks. They take less space as well compared to all the boxes I have.

One such example is Star Ocean: The Second Story R. Collector's Edition is £185 for some plastic acrylics, soundtrack cd and artbook. It's just too ridiculous lately.

I used to buy almost every Collector's Edition a while ago but I stopped now. Most of them are underwhelming now with lazy designs and cheap merchandise, but prices keep soaring. I am actually considering letting go of many of the boxes I have and just save "The Last of Us" and "Resident Evil" related items and stick to collecting steelbooks. They take less space as well compared to all the boxes I have.

One such example is Star Ocean: The Second Story R. Collector's Edition is £185 for some plastic acrylics, soundtrack cd and artbook. It's just too ridiculous lately.
yeah i agree... especially with labels like lrg popping them out on a weekly basis you can tell that there cant be much thought or love involved in producing them.. and it definitely shows lately

steelbook is the perfect compromise.. its usually the coolest and highest quality collectible, it saves space and all have the same measurements, which looks cool and tidy on your shelf

Reactions: Thoth