Le Mans ‘66 (aka Ford v Ferrari) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 23, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on Friday November 15 at 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12367340-4174721202989640.jpg

12367340-8584721203157265.jpg 12367340-2024721203113618.jpg

Last edited:
To save confusion maybe would've been better to have LE MANS 66 as the main title with BASED ON THE TRUE STORY OF FORD v. FERRARI above the cast names like on the poster . . . FORD v. FERRARI sounds to me more like a documentary about these two titans of the car industry rather than a movie:-
1573827725497.png
1573826651444.png

Title aside love the speeding front art - better than a static shot with the guys . . . more CARS 3 than one of the FAST AND FURIOUS franchise . . . back is wasted though.

The famous GT40:-
1573826513442.png
1573829189401.png

Hmmm? at first I didn’t know that this was Ford v Ferrari.. does this happen a lot? When UK movie names aren’t the same as US?
The film title is Le Mans '66 in most countries outside North America not just the UK

Ford v Ferrari Title is used in USA/Canada/Brazil/India/Australia

The film is mostly about Ford attempts to best Ferrari at the 24 Hours race Le Mans leading up to the 1966 race when ford do win the race.

The film starts about ferrari rejectecd takeover by Ford leading to Henry II the owner of ford ordering his racing division to build a car to defeat Ferrari at le mans

This is where the use of Ford v Ferrari title comes from.

Le Mans 24 hour race is well known outside north America especially in Europe and as most of the film is about that race is why the film title is called Le Mans '66 in Europe

Reactions: goufcustom
I've always referred to that race as the Le Mans ‘66 and I live in the US, I actually thought most people did as well. The other title Ford v Ferrari seems so trivial. Besides, the Le Mans ‘66 rolls off the tongue better. If a US steelbook surfaces with Ford v Ferrari then I'd rather go with the UK edition more over personal preference.

The film title is Le Mans '66 in most countries outside North America not just the UK

Ford v Ferrari Title is used in USA/Canada/Brazil/India/Australia

The film is mostly about Ford attempts to best Ferrari at the 24 Hours race Le Mans leading up to the 1966 race when ford do win the race.

The film starts about ferrari rejectecd takeover by Ford leading to Henry II the owner of ford ordering his racing division to build a car to defeat Ferrari at le mans

This is where the use of Ford v Ferrari title comes from.

Le Mans 24 hour race is well known outside north America especially in Europe and as most of the film is about that race is why the film title is called Le Mans '66 in Europe

Don't think he asked what the synopsis of the film was and the meaning behind the title Paul lol

Hmmm? at first I didn’t know that this was Ford v Ferrari.. does this happen a lot? When UK movie names aren’t the same as US?

It does sometimes. More than some realise. Not just from the US either. Can have different names in other counties compared to U.K. or vice versa

Le Mans '66 is the proper title to be used IMO considering the story of the film itself

The only countries using Ford v Ferrari title is in Australia/Brazil/Canada/India/USA/Vietnam

All other countries use the title Le Mans '66 with some variations on use of title Le Mans '66 used also in some countries
Romania cinema posters has Marea provocare : Le Mans '66 (aka The Grand Challenge: Le Mans '66)

@paulboland just a few facts for you, film was announced globally as ford v ferrari over a year ago the new name of le mans 66, only changed about 2 months ago i know because i have been keeping a close eye on this film for a long time now.
and the change is for mainly europe. so it has happened by the studio this side of the water. the americans and others have not changed the orginal title of the film and yes those are the facts for once in black and white.

from imdb

(original title)Ford v Ferrari

first showing
USA
30 August 2019​
(Telluride Film Festival)​

comlete list imdb
ArgentinaContra lo imposible
AustraliaFord v Ferrari
BrazilFord vs Ferrari
Bulgaria (Bulgarian title)Пълно ускорение
Canada (English title)Ford v Ferrari
CanadaFord v Ferrari
CanadaFord v Ferrari: The IMAX 2D Experience
DenmarkLe Mans '66
FinlandLe Mans 66 - Täydellä teholla
FranceLe Mans 66
GermanyLe Mans 66: Gegen jede Chance
GreeceΚόντρα σε Όλα
HungaryAz aszfalt királyai
India (Hindi title)Ford v Ferrari
IndiaFord v. Ferrari
Ireland (English title)Le Mans '66
ItalyLe Mans '66 - La grande sfida
LithuaniaLe Manas'66. Plento karaliai
MexicoContra lo imposible
NetherlandsLe Mans '66
PolandLe Mans '66
PortugalLe Mans '66: O Duelo
RomaniaMarea provocare: Le Mans '66
RussiaFord против Ferrari
SlovakiaLe Mans '66
SpainLe Mans '66
SwedenLe Mans '66
Turkey (Turkish title)Asfaltın Kralları
UkraineАутсайдери
UKLe Mans '66
USA (English title)Ford v Ferrari
USAFord v Ferrari
VietnamFord v Ferrari: Cuoc Dua Lich Su

basil :thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
@paulboland just a few facts for you, film was announced globally as ford v ferrari over a year ago the new name of le mans 66, only changed about 2 months ago i know because i have been keeping a close eye on this film for a long time now.
and the change is for mainly europe. so it has happened by the studio this side of the water. the americans and others have not changed the orginal title of the film and yes those are the facts for once in black and white.

from imdb

first showing

USA
30 August 2019​
(Telluride Film Festival)​
comlete list imdb

ArgentinaContra lo imposible
AustraliaFord v Ferrari
BrazilFord vs Ferrari
Bulgaria (Bulgarian title)Пълно ускорение
Canada (English title)Ford v Ferrari
CanadaFord v Ferrari
CanadaFord v Ferrari: The IMAX 2D Experience
DenmarkLe Mans '66
FinlandLe Mans 66 - Täydellä teholla
FranceLe Mans 66
GermanyLe Mans 66: Gegen jede Chance
GreeceΚόντρα σε Όλα
HungaryAz aszfalt királyai
India (Hindi title)Ford v Ferrari
IndiaFord v. Ferrari
Ireland (English title)Le Mans '66
ItalyLe Mans '66 - La grande sfida
LithuaniaLe Manas'66. Plento karaliai
MexicoContra lo imposible
NetherlandsLe Mans '66
PolandLe Mans '66
PortugalLe Mans '66: O Duelo
RomaniaMarea provocare: Le Mans '66
RussiaFord против Ferrari
SlovakiaLe Mans '66
SpainLe Mans '66
SwedenLe Mans '66
Turkey (Turkish title)Asfaltın Kralları
UkraineАутсайдери
UKLe Mans '66
USA (English title)Ford v Ferrari
USAFord v Ferrari
VietnamFord v Ferrari: Cuoc Dua Lich Su
basil :thumbs:
That list shows most countries are using title Le Mans ' 66 lol

As I posted previous only countries using USA title is the following
Australia/Brazil/Canada/India/USA/Vietnan/Russia

The 24 hour Race Le Mans is well known in Europe
The film is about the 24 Hour Le Mans 1966 race and is why they changed the title to Le Mans '66 for European countries.

It makes sense to use the title Le Mans '66 in Europe for marketing reasons and considering that the film content is about that famous 24 hour race

In this instance I prefer the full title. Yeah it’s a mouthful but I just like it. It’s still shorter than all the lord of the rings and hobbits films. Lol. Even the Indy films

That list shows most countries are using title Le Mans ' 66 lol

As I posted previous only countries using USA title is the following
Australia/Brazil/Canada/India/USA/Vietnan/Russia

The 24 hour Race Le Mans is well known in Europe
The film is about the 24 Hour Le Mans 1966 race and is why they changed the title to Le Mans '66 for European countries.

It makes sense to use the title Le Mans '66 in Europe for marketing reasons and considering that the film content is about that famous 24 hour race

Paul, do you read people’s posts? Lol

Basil has clearly said what the title was originally. not what most the countries (Europe) are using.

why do you have to keep explaining the premise of the story? It’s weird

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
In this instance I prefer the full title. Yeah it’s a mouthful but I just like it. It’s still shorter than all the lord of the rings and hobbits films. Lol. Even the Indy films

Paul, do you read people’s posts? Lol

Basil has clearly said what the title was originally. not what most the countries (Europe) are using.

why do you have to keep explaining the premise of the story? It’s weird
I never said Le Mans '66 was the original title not at any stage.
I clearly posted title in USA was Ford v Ferrari

I posted why the title was changed for Europe
Film Studios do it for a reason and in this case makes sense to do it for European market

listened to podcast and director James Mangold mentioned he'd prefer the name Ford v Ferrari over Le Mans '66 but due to many factors which one of them was you can't advertise title name as FERRARI in UK since it's been trademarked... (i wondered how come only some specific countries...?) and also there was movie called Le Mans (1971) so it is Le Mans '66... he surprised about this since most of his movies have the same names in US v UK...

Last edited:
listened to podcast and director James Mangold mentioned he'd prefer the name Ford v Ferrari over Le Mans '66 but due to many factors which one of them was you can't advertise title name as FERRARI in UK since it's been trademarked... (i wondered how come only some specific countries...?) and also there was movie called Le Mans (1971) so it is Le Mans '66... he surprised about this since most of his movies have the same names in US v UK...
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

RE: THE TITLE - looks like could be the opposite situation here compared to F&F: HOBBS & SHAW (UK vs. France) ...
UK ---------------------------------------------------- France -------------------------- UK ----------------------------------------------------------- France -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
249241_medium.jpg
247779_medium.jpg
/
257127_medium.jpg
257381_medium.jpg
Capture.JPG

Last edited: