Lego Disney Castle with Lighting Kit

SlimJim24

Team Emma
Premium Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
California
Hey friends,

Any of you that remember me from the steelbook forums (I know I haven't been nearly as active as I used to be) will remember my passion for Disney and the Disney Steelbooks that have been released. In the past I've posted a few pictures of the Detolf display cases with customized lighting kits, and I'd like to take this opportunity to show you guys a short video of the lighting kit that I bought specifically designed for the Lego Disney Castle. It took hours upon hours, and even a few rebuilds to get it where it is now. Although I'm still in the process of completing the vision (still needs an acrylic case and slip ring through the turn table to allow it to rotate while lit up), I want to share with you the beauty of this thing during the "fireworks show."

I'm definitely not a movie director, so please excuse the silent video, but I'm very proud of how this thing looks. If any of you are interested, the back side has all sorts of cool stuff including lights and effects. I will likely take more videos in the near future. In the process of changing out the IR senor and remote for a RF system that should work better. The IR signal is being interferred with by my soundbar remote, so I don't have complete functionality of the lighting kit :/

I hope you guys don't mind the tags, not looking for youtube views, just sharing my passion. @Wreck @mllNY @snsguy @elle82 @sunnyx @AcIDc0r3 @Drum18 @Apollon @AlienKing @Jason Bourne @Noodles @martinouchou

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IRON MAN and Robles
Wow:OMG: Looks stunning mate, excellent job:notworthy:. If you don't mind me asking where did the lighting kit come from, I have one of the sets given to me from a job I did a while back and still haven't built it and would be awesome if I could create something like this for my Daughter.

Wow:OMG: Looks stunning mate, excellent job:notworthy:. If you don't mind me asking where did the lighting kit come from, I have one of the sets given to me from a job I did a while back and still haven't built it and would be awesome if I could create something like this for my Daughter.

Thanks for the feedback. Brickstuff.com is the site that I bought it from - seriously amazing product with the best customer service. I'm not incredibly talented when it comes to electronics or lego builds (this was my first lego build since i was like 10), and Rob from brickstuff helped me every step of the way. Highly recommended. The Disney Castle has turned from a fun nostalgic build to the centerpiece of our apartment.

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
Thanks for the feedback. Brickstuff.com is the site that I bought it from - seriously amazing product with the best customer service. I'm not incredibly talented when it comes to electronics or lego builds (this was my first lego build since i was like 10), and Rob from brickstuff helped me every step of the way. Highly recommended. The Disney Castle has turned from a fun nostalgic build to the centerpiece of our apartment.
Yeah, it looks brilliant mate:thumbs: Bet it looks even better than the video. Not really massive into Lego myself, I used to be quite a fan of it but just found that i didn't have the time for the builds hence the reason I think the castle has been there for a couple of years :spoil: but my kids go through stages of wanting to get it again :rofl: and this year for my boys birthday its all he has really wanted, since the release of the Endgame sets. So to be honest once I give him a hand with them ill probably get the bug back to do more as I used to love sitting down and having a build to do.