Lethal Weapon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 5, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 23, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Gloss and Debossed

Lethal Weapon Front.jpg
Lethal Weapon open.jpg Lethal Weapon inside.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'm supposed to care about the actual steelbook, especially in a place like this, but I have never upgraded these to blu ray (except recently when I bought the box set from cex but the daffy cow behind the counter with the 3 inch nails who literally had trouble opening the box didn't notice the set comprised of 2 blu rays and 2 dvds the stupid...) so I took that back.

But as far as I can figure out because it is shockingly difficult to find out very simple info like this. Is there a directors cut of these movies on blu ray and is this the directors cut. Cos honestly they are vastly superior versions.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I know I'm supposed to care about the actual steelbook, especially in a place like this, but I have never upgraded these to blu ray (except recently when I bought the box set from cex but the daffy cow behind the counter with the 3 inch nails who literally had trouble opening the box didn't notice the set comprised of 2 blu rays and 2 dvds the stupid...) so I took that back.

But as far as I can figure out because it is shockingly difficult to find out very simple info like this. Is there a directors cut of these movies on blu ray and is this the directors cut. Cos honestly they are vastly superior versions.
There are supposed "Director's Cuts" of parts 1-3 that have certain deleted scenes restored, but those have not been available in HD so far (so this here is also not the DC). They have only been released on DVD.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
There are supposed "Director's Cuts" of parts 1-3 that have certain deleted scenes restored, but those have not been available in HD so far (so this here is also not the DC). They have only been released on DVD.
Guess I'm sticking with my DVDs for now then lol.

Guess I'm sticking with my DVDs for now then lol.
Not any DVDs, though, I remember that these were hard to get in German-speaking Europe back in the day:

_20220907_202257.JPG

_20220907_202207.JPG

These were indeed special because they were also uncut in terms of violence compared to the regular releases of the theatrical cuts in Germany. I think I imported the set from Switzerland or something. Man, those were the days of hardcore censorship (no pun intended) in Germany! :LOL:
So that's why these are some of the very few DVDs I've kept. Would take the HD versions of the theatrical cuts over these any day, though. I just can't go back to SD. I ... just can't.

No idea if and how this was released in the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
All zavvi links no longer work on this site, tested well over 20 of them
Work for me.
These are all partner links, first they went directly to the site for years, then recently through an intermediary page, where you had to click further to proceed - at that point there were some complaints from people not going through to the site.
Now it seems to have reverted back to automatic click through, and again problems for some, like yourself.
Probably depends on the browser and if it's updated.

All Zavvi links on HDN are working

What type of device (brand/model) and what type web browser are you using

In regards to Zavvi website what settings are you using
Shipping to
Region & Language
Currency

Some of the different Zavvi websites dont sell same items as UK or USA
Some USA Blu-ray/UHD releases available on Zavvi USA you wont find on Zavvi UK for example

Some USA releases have differnt url to UK listings as they are separate releases to each other also with different release dates
Examples Arrow Video USA release and Arrow Video UK will have different url's and are separate releases that is why they have different zavvi links
Zavvi UK and the other Zavvi International websites don't sell Arrow Video USA releases
Zavvi USA sells the Arrow Video USA releases

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero
yes they don't work like they used to for me either, can't just click them now, can copy the link and paste it into browser which works.
Amazon/HMV links work just by clicking...so something is different with the zavvi links.

yes they don't work like they used to for me either, can't just click them now, can copy the link and paste it into browser which works.
What device are you using and what web browser have you set as default

Are you using a mobile device that has Zavvi UK App by any chance if yes uninstall it and if you reinstall make sure it's not set as default for links

Set your device to use Web browser on PC or Mobile device and Zavvi links on HDN will work

I tested multiple Zavvi links on HDN and my web browser I use on PC and Mobile devices all zavvi links from HDN work

What device are you using and what web browser have you set as default

Are you using a mobile device that has Zavvi UK App by any chance if yes uninstall it and if you reinstall make sure it's not set as default for links

Set your device to use Web browser on PC or Mobile device and Zavvi links on HDN will work

I tested multiple Zavvi links on HDN and my web browser I use on PC and Mobile devices all zavvi links from HDN work
PC, firefox and only the Zavvi links, so something is different, they worked before.
Whats the difference between a HMV/Amazon/Zavvi link?

PC, firefox and only the Zavvi links, so something is different, they worked before.
Whats the difference between a HMV/Amazon/Zavvi link?
I use Chrome or Samsung Internet web browsers and no issues on my PC or Mobile in regards to Zavvi links on HDN

I never use Firefox on PC or Mobile devices
Change the web browser you use and you won't have an issue

Last edited:
I never use Firefox on PC or Mobile devices
Change the web browser you use and you won't have an issue
Yeah, must be an issue with Firefox.
No one's going to switch browsers just for one set of links to work, but it's good to have a second browser just in case.
I also use Chrome mobile, but it didn't work with iKea webstore, items just wouldn't add to cart, so got an Opera browser for that, which worked fine.

Yeah, must be an issue with Firefox.
No one's going to switch browsers just for one set of links to work, but it's good to have a second browser just in case.
I also use Chrome mobile, but it didn't work with iKea webstore, items just wouldn't add to cart, so got an Opera browser for that, which worked fine.
yes i guess something changed in Firefox, not that it bothers me but can just copy the link anyways, just weird the other links all work and just not Zavvi ones so that must be being handled differently.

Arrived today, not bad...bottom right corner has a small dent, but whatever.
Bullet holes are embossed with texture which is a nice touch.
Wish it was 4K.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 51
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 51
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    181 KB · Views: 46
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 44
Arrived today, not bad...bottom right corner has a small dent, but whatever.
Bullet holes are embossed with texture which is a nice touch.
Wish it was 4K.

I guess the release from Zavvi doesn't have art on the disc. The unboxing video of the French release that I posted on the previous page has art on the disc.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
so I had my original pre order ship ages ago and never turned up, when it became available to buy i ordered again with code and also never turned up. its been 2 weeks and nothing yet and ive had things arrive after this like lost boys. So I assume they never sent these out or made a mess of the deliveries ?
OR has everyone else received their copies ?