Lightyear (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA)

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: September 13, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Lightyear-steelbook.jpg

Credit to Viking61 at BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to move on folks, you know the drill.

Please take political discussions and the likes to PMs or any dedicated forums outside of HDN.

These are hot-button issues that tend to incite passions - and sadly, insults at times, though it didn't get there yet - which just escalates arguments and kills any positivity in threads.

We respect and appreciate your passion on these matters, but this is not the place to go OT on your political views.

There are plenty of sites where you can passionately debate all of this.

Thanks!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It's not an excuse, it's a fact, as you like to say. It means I've been around all kinds of gay people for decades, mutual friends, talked to them about these things. Most don't like putting anyone's sexuality out on display, forcing people to watch or tolerate its expression in public places, don't even approve of those parades, that turned into a circus.
It turned into ridiculous taunting, like "hey, I'm gay, don't like it? Caveman! Look at how I dress, see my ass or tits sticking out, don't like it? Bigot!" Why does it all have to be a provocative statement?
Just exist normally, without bothering each other, or imposing your lifestyle on others.
That's how gay friends and my sister's wife feel. The whole squabble is created by a small percentage that don't know better, and just make a lot of noise for attention for various reasons.
Showing your true feelings with that post.

Isn't that exactly what Lightyear does, though? Show a gay relationship in a completely normal setting...

@IRON MAN is right, time to move on.

Reactions: ddeahl and RMA
The ignore user function on here is impeccable. It’s like they don’t even exist after you use it.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

So they'll watch it on Disney+ instead.
Exactly, and Disney is training people that are D+ subscribers that they’ll likely get the movie within 2-3 months (and the trend is towards less than 2 months). This wasn’t my favorite Pixar movie, but it had nothing to do with voice acting or a fleeting peck.

Can’t believe I’m on a forum where certain individuals are against a same sex kiss. This has completely baffled me. I’m gay myself and I’m shocked something so small is STILL an issue. I read up on views around this when it was released and just couldn’t believe what I was reading.
And the kiss was such a nothingburger. If that offends anyone (and it certainly won’t be the kids), the problem is them. That kiss was as G rated as they come.

I feel like I'm reading propaganda. Much of this could apply to literally any entertainment company. Removing scenes to appease a foreign audience? Check. Avoid paying taxes? Check. But other stuff is so twisted. Disney didn't make up the label "Don't say Gay". In fact, Disney seemed to want to stay out of it completely until pressured by employees (see After protests, Disney CEO speaks out against Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill). And the firing for political beliefs? I assume you're referring to Gina Carano. Except she wasn't fired for having political beliefs. She was fired for causing trouble on twitter. You see it's okay to have whatever beliefs you want, but if you work for a company you shouldn't publicly piss off a large chunk the audience on social media. Because then the Company has to make the choice to either cut bait or not. And in Gina Carano's case she's simply not worth the headache/backlash. There's difference between having controversial beliefs and then making those beliefs public known on a huge public forum and pissing off the customers of the company you work for. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.
Worse they asked her to tone it down and she declined. I have a hard and fast rule: I never post anything political online under my name, outside of FB, and I never EVER allow anyone from work to be my friend on FB, unless I leave that company. She’s in her 40s and it’s like she never saw all the stories about Gen Y peeps getting fired for **** they posted.
And note that Tim Allen is conservative, and yet Disney has no problem working with him.

It’s definitely not a great movie but that’s more about scripting/pacing than any of the things that have been brought up.
Lol yeah... I don't give a rats about all this "woke" or "propaganda" shmiz. It's a damn film, either watch it or don't. I simply didn't find it very entertaining, and that's my only reason for disliking it.