Looking for a little advice….

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Heya guys

So 5 weeks ago my wife finds out she is pregnant, It will be our first kid. Im generally a very anxious person and i get frequent bouts of depression and naturally im freaking out about this a little. I have days where im very happy and days where im like “Im useless i cant do this”

In regards to collecting i have to be a lot more selective now because we are going to need the money, Can anyone just give me a heads up and maybe a few bits of advice? I have read alot of fourms and facebook groups but they all seem daunting.

If anything i guess i'm just looking for a little reassurance from people that have been through this and who are fellow collectors.

Last edited:
For sure, bud. :thanks:

Congrats!!! Such a good news
I'm not a daddy yet (have plans for it) and, in fact as you explain, you'd have to be more selective picking, buying (or even searching) for what you would want to get.
Said "searching for" as well because read about some editions, watching how people got it and shown it incites you to get these editions, and maybe you can't afford it in these moments.
But anyway, it is another way to enjoy the life. To carry on about responsibilities that you chose and you are happy to live this for.

Don't get rid of your collection unless you need the gap or extra space for the baby coming. It's a matter of life (priorities) I guess.
Be as you want to be or feel. If one day you feel sad, just said and feel it. It's not bad not to be ok.
Of course, if you need extra help there are many professionals around somewhere to give you a hand to process some emotions and thoughts.

These are my advices. I am third year student of Psychology so I'm trying to help out as far as my knowledge can go for.

Have a happy life. And worry about things when they are coming, meanwhile, you have another time to joy :)

Reactions: thewoe and Noodles
Heya guys

So 5 weeks ago my wife finds out she is pregnant, It will be our first kid. Im generally a very anxious person and i get frequent bouts of depression and naturally im freaking out about this a little. I have days where im very happy and days where im like “Im useless i cant do this”

In regards to collecting i have to be a lot more selective now because we are going to need the money, Can anyone just give me a heads up and maybe a few bits of advice? I have read alot of fourms and facebook groups but they all seem daunting.

If anything i guess i'm just looking for a little reassurance for people that have been through this and who are fellow collectors.
First of all, congrats!

I can definitely relate to your experience with anxiety and depression, as I also struggle with both. However, I think most people get at least a little anxious about bringing a new life into the world, so it's nothing unusual and you've every right to feel that way IMO. Especially as it'll be your first kid, too... no one in that position really knows what to expect, so I suppose it's just a case of taking each day as it comes and learning as you go along. Best advice I can give is to be open with your wife and talk about these things... you're a team at the end of the day, and together I'm sure you'll smash it. :D

As for collecting, I chose to cut down my buying and be more selective a year or so ago, which honestly wasn't easy at first. Initially I often had to ask myself how bummed I'd be about a release if I completely missed out, versus how bummed I'd be if it didn't sell out and I paid full price, only for it to eventually hit the sales, then I'd simply make my decision based on that. After a while, the decision almost became second nature... if I don't feel a certain amount of excitement for a particular release, then I don't even give it a second thought. But, who knows... maybe once your kid arrives, your priorities will automatically change anyway. :)

Wishing you the best bud. Be sure to keep us updated!

Thank you @Noodles @Chemartin_1

Its always good to get perspective on these things, And like you said its a big thing to Bring a life into the world. Im sure once i get used to it and the routine the anxiety will settle down. Im completely open and honest with my wife as like you said we are a team and we talk about everything :)
Its Just nice to get perspective from others who are collectors and have gone/going through the same thing.