Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 3, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6471004_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Disney wasn’t so inconsistent with their releases - gloss/matte finishes, title/title-less releases and now 4K/No 4K for the Zavvi version of Luca. I’m in the UK and have imported Best Buy Disney steelbooks in the past and while the finish is a lot nicer in gloss compared to Zavvi, the quality control is really bad - always arrived scratched or dented and it’s not the third party seller as they’re packaged very well and the J-card is always in tact with no damage until you take it off to reveal what’s underneath and it gets so expensive importing and replacing them. I don’t want to have to get the Best Buy version but I feel I’m gonna have to now that the Zavvi version comes with no 4K. I could get the standard amaray version but all my Pixar’s are on Steelbook so it’ll look odd. Don’t know what to do now.
To your point about quality control, these days I find that my odds of getting an undamaged steelbook are higher when I import from Europe than when I buy from Best Buy. Via mail order I estimate maybe 20% arrive undamaged; if I do store pickup then maybe the odds are 50/50.

To your point about quality control, these days I find that my odds of getting an undamaged steelbook are higher when I import from Europe than when I buy from Best Buy. Via mail order I estimate maybe 20% arrive undamaged; if I do store pickup then maybe the odds are 50/50.
I buy 2 or 3 of them and keep the best one (unless all three are bad). Did that with Almost Famous...one copy had a loose disk and shrink is torn....other seems to be fine. At least this time they sent it in a bubble wrap mailer...normally it's just thin corrugated cardboard or worse a bunch of steels loose in a box.

Reactions: JGCramp
I buy 2 or 3 of them and keep the best one (unless all three are bad). Did that with Almost Famous...one copy had a loose disk and shrink is torn....other seems to be fine. At least this time they sent it in a bubble wrap mailer...normally it's just thin corrugated cardboard or worse a bunch of steels loose in a box.
I do that now, too, although it's tough when they're pricing it at $40. For now, I put in 1 for mail delivery but will probably do a second for store pickup when that option becomes available. With Raya I had 2 for store pickup. Both were damaged but thankfully they had a mint looking one on the shelf (luckily it was mint) so I bought that one instead.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
Does Bestbuy offer preorder price protection like amazon.com?
ABAC4D47-BD09-4129-AB82-494386F2F3F2.jpeg

See Details

Special considerations:​

• At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com and TigerDirect.com.
  • We match our online and app prices on in-store purchases and our in-store prices on online and app purchases.
  • If we lower our in-store, online or app price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.

I went against my own 'never by a ship-to-home BB steelbook' rule with Luca because I wanted to make sure I got a copy. Sure enough, it arrives in a crappy bubble envelope with at least a big spine slash. I'm not even bothering to check the rest of the steelbook since I'm just going to return it. If they are stocked in-store, then I'll just go on Tuesday and see if I can get a clean copy off the shelf, otherwise I'll just buy one from Europe since I have way better luck with overseas orders than with Best Buy.

I went against my own 'never by a ship-to-home BB steelbook' rule with Luca because I wanted to make sure I got a copy. Sure enough, it arrives in a crappy bubble envelope with at least a big spine slash. I'm not even bothering to check the rest of the steelbook since I'm just going to return it. If they are stocked in-store, then I'll just go on Tuesday and see if I can get a clean copy off the shelf, otherwise I'll just buy one from Europe since I have way better luck with overseas orders than with Best Buy.
This is exactly what I meant with Best Buy’s quality control. It’s a shame seeing as their gloss finish always looks nicer and more vivid colour wise than the European releases which are always matte and more dull in comparison but I find they’re never as dented or scratched compared to Best Buy.

If I order by mail, I always order 2 (or 3 if allowed) and pick the best of them and return the rest to the store.

I'm like one or two releases away from never ordering from Best Buy again. Horrendous QC and a glacially slow return process. They've been absolutely terrible for me in 2021 and their releases straight up aren't worth the trouble more often than not.