Release date: August 23, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £26.99
Finish: Matte w/ debossed title

1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scraggy
Weird that it’s not 4K yet they have a standard 4K listing.
Only really interested in 4K now

Weird choice of spine colour aside, this is actually a nice looking steel... front and back art work really well together. Shame it'll no doubt get the usual crap UK finish though.

Weird that it’s not 4K yet they have a standard 4K listing.
Only really interested in 4K now
Even though I don't currently have a 4K setup, I'd still prefer to get a 4K+2D combo for if/when that time does come. Passing on this for now, but may pick it up once it goes on sale.

Infuriating. After the mess of Toy Story 4, Onward and Soul, they now decide they want to revert back to decent steelbooks again?

Missed all of the above as the steelbooks were awful (in my opinion) but getting this. Having an incomplete collection due to bad design choices really irks me..

Don’t get your hopes up about a title being on the front going forward, Luca is an Italian name so it shouldn’t be a problem within Europe.

After looking at the French mock-up I've got my hopes up about a title on the front for the ROW steelbook

View attachment 511480

he meant after this release. You left out the “going forward” when quoting him.
he means that this name is spelt like this throughout Europe so we won’t have an issue with a title on the front. But going forward other new Disney/ Pixar films might not (in our region) - US get titles anyway

Reactions: virkia
he meant after this release. You left out the “going forward” when quoting him.
he means that this name is spelt like this throughout Europe so we won’t have an issue with a title on the front. But going forward other new Disney/ Pixar films might not (in our region) - US get titles anyway

Not true. Soul and Raya didn't have titles in North America.

Hey ninjas,does anybody knows why zavvi don't do the embossing on their Disney's steelbooks no more ?
For exemple, Soul didn't have any embossing/debossing effect as the old titles ( Mulan, Tarzan, Hercules...ect)

Hey ninjas,does anybody knows why zavvi don't do the embossing on their Disney's steelbooks no more ?
For exemple, Soul didn't have any embossing/debossing effect as the old titles ( Mulan, Tarzan, Hercules...ect)

they were WEA exclusives to zavvi. These are first round WWA SteelBooks. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. But the old WEA Disney wave all had bossing. Only some WWA do. And that can change from region too.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Mararagan
So Zavvi might still do some WEA if they want to, right ?

Yeah possibly. At some point. Anything could happen. They could eventually revisit that wave and add to the missing releases. Or Disney have another rerelease wave like they usually do

You mean why don't Disney do any embossing on the steels that they make available for Zavvi to sell in the UK? Zavvi are a retailer, not a publisher or designer. Although they have had some input with regard some titles in the past, in the main they are just selling whatever product they are supplied with. Yes, you could argue that where they have the exclusives rights in the UK and the end product is poor, they should be feeding that back to the studio to come up with better designs and finishes for future releases otherwise they will be thinking twice about their exclusivity contracts. Certainly that is what I would be doing if I were in their position negotiating the exclusive distribution deals i.e. "yes, I'd love to have the exclusive rights to sell your titles in the UK provided they are decent products that people actually want to get their hands on rather than some of the **** you have been been lumbering us with recently". :) :whistle:

Zavvi: Hey Disney! We're tired of the crap you keep giving us and we're not going to take it anymore!

Disney: OK let's go to Amazon.

Zavvi: Wait! We're kidding. We love the **** you keep feeding us! Please don't take it away from us. In fact we'll even pay more for it! Thank you, give us more!

Zavvi: Hey Disney! We're tired of the crap you keep giving us and we're not going to take it anymore!

Disney: OK let's go to Amazon.

Zavvi: Wait! We're kidding. We love the **** you keep feeding us! Please don't take it away from us. In fact we'll even pay more for it! Thank you, give us more!
And therein lies the dilemma. How much are you prepared to keep accepting below standard products in order to retain your exclusive distributions rights with what is, after all, one of (if not THE) biggest name in the movie industry? Versus losing those rights to a major competitor...

And therein lies the dilemma. How much are you prepared to keep accepting below standard products in order to retain your exclusive distributions rights with what is, after all, one of (if not THE) biggest name in the movie industry? Versus losing those rights to a major competitor...
While not precisely a monopoly in the UK 'Zavvi exclusive' now appears on the listings for the majority of steelbooks released in the UK which in truth is little different to what happened from 2013 when Zavvi first appeared on the steelbook scene and supplanted Play.com as 'the home of steelbooks'.
Forget Amazon - they've never been interested in exclusive steelbooks and without double checking there can't have been more than ten Amazon exclusive steels released in the UK since May 2008 (when Blu-ray steelbooks first appeared in the UK).