Mad Max: Fury Road (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #3) [UK]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: June 29, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - eBay (Pre-order on April 13)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes Limited Edition collectible SteelBook and Mini SteelBook cases, and an Exclusive Enamel Pin

C6C08193-7263-4C6D-9814-7B5F2AE25E55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
£30 for a 4k SteelBook isn't bad, especially with the extras. This is far nicer than the Black & Chrome release and has both versions of the film - no brainer upgrade for me.

Blade Runner is a nice first effort with the enamel pin quality, the coasters throw-away junk, and the SteelBook front has very effective embossing. It sits next to my DVD metal tin which I could never bear to part with.
Wonder Woman also goes with a thematic design concept, with an even better pin - Diana's sheild centre boss is very detailed and has a nice heft to it. The steel could do with deeper embossing imo and the poster is just an extra (would prefer art cards). I also like the clear PET slips - which give a nice glimpse into the contents and SteelBook and ties the entire design together whilst protecting the SteelBooks- and that thematic design throughout is what ToC are clearly doing.
Fury Road uses a very stylized design effectively which reflects the film theme and using iconography that resonates in the vehicles from the movie. I'll judge the finish once it's in-hand.

Your post just reeks of FOMO and projection. Taste is subjective and it's pretty poor form to suggest people are fooling themselves with some sort of inverse buyers remorse over a thirty-quid SteelBook.

I’ve always said the blade runner finish is stunning. They did a great job on that. But the design is poor imo.

WW I think is a awful design through and through. It’s great in the sense that it’s different to the other steels we’ve seen and I commend them for doing something different but different isn’t always good. It’s such a boring design for WW and the pin imo looks poor and cheap. It’s too samey to the steel. I collect pins (to a degree) and it’s one of the worst I’ve seen. Again imo.
I also think art cards would of worked better than a poster.
And yeah I agree the PET/ plastic packages are cool. I’ve always been a fan of the korean PETs/ mondo PETs and the Game of thrones cases. Don’t have a problem with them

And I also agree that fury road from the original visuals looked great. I can’t stress this enough that I was looking very much forward to this release but the in hand pics have hugely disappointed me and I’m not alone.

I also think 2001 looks half decent so far but unfortunately not a fan of the film. Although I’m going to give that another go soon just incase the full package does wow me

I have no idea what FOMO means and yes taste is always subjective but it’s a phycological trait to be happy with something that you have paid a lot for that in honesty isn’t great. These £30 editions from toc are good for value for what you get. I said that before. And I didn’t necessarily mean these editions fall under that because like I previously said you can get a new release with poor art and finish for the same price. But to some £30 is still a lot especially when you have seen the prices of steels change over the years. I mean more when people pay £150+ for a premium that cost £45 or less (back in the day for sure). Look at zetas inception. You can literally buy that same steelbook from zavvi for £20 and then you are paying over £100 for a slip, booklet and folder (on the bay or second hand etc). It didn’t wow some people but yet they will love it because they paid £150 on the aftermarket. I’m going by past experiences of myself too. Paid a lot and in my head it’s amazing because I’ve paid so much for something but in reality it’s pretty standard but I don’t want to hurt my own feelings because I paid a lot for it. People won’t admit that because then they look like the fool for spending X amount on something basic. All psychological. Not poor form at all

I had to goggle FOMO!

I cancelled this after I see in hand pics you mong :LOL:

f**cking fomo LOL it’s still available from the WB store and eBay entertainment store. I say JOMO (after literally finding out what that means too)

their choice of what title to do seems random, especially if you take their Brand Name into context. WW is not a cult movie. and most of their releases so far have had 4k steelbooks before. and they are for movies not worth double dipping on too.

Reactions: Flloydo
They do actually. I just wonder the real reason why they HARDLY do. As Three Amigos UK zavvi steel has it. ( i own it) Gang Related zavvi steel has it. (i own it) and I saw the DE johnny depp film think it was called transcendence or something had it too.
Yeah, @virkia showed some pics of them earlier, very interesting. Would be sometimes a nice option I think.

I had to goggle FOMO!

I cancelled this after I see in hand pics you mong :LOL:

f**cking fomo LOL it’s still available from the WB store and eBay entertainment store. I say JOMO (after literally finding out what that means too)
@TheCollector86 has definitely JOMO :D

I think this is one of the the issues with this release, because they’ve spent £30 on a film they make themselves think it’s nice.

Because that steel is actually dreadful in finish, lack of art and use of space that they convince themselves they like it because of the cost. Especially when some won’t even have a dispatch yet Or it’s on the way and the photos are already out. We’ve all been there, said somthing is nice because we paid a lot for it but really it’s terrible and we lie to ourselves. It’s either that or some people have really sh!t taste when it comes to art and finishes LOL

I do agree that these packages are good for money in a sense. Especially when new steels with dire art are £30 and with these you get some extra bits. In this case Compared to the other ToC releases it’s better to get a extra mini steel than a crappy poster like with WW But £30 is still a lot of money. I’m convinced when some people like a bad steel it’s because they paid a lot for it. I’ve thought that for a while. They lie to themselves
So only your taste is the good one? Right, weirdo?

I think this is one of the the issues with this release, because they’ve spent £30 on a film they make themselves think it’s nice.

Because that steel is actually dreadful in finish, lack of art and use of space that they convince themselves they like it because of the cost. Especially when some won’t even have a dispatch yet Or it’s on the way and the photos are already out. We’ve all been there, said somthing is nice because we paid a lot for it but really it’s terrible and we lie to ourselves. It’s either that or some people have really sh!t taste when it comes to art and finishes LOL

I do agree that these packages are good for money in a sense. Especially when new steels with dire art are £30 and with these you get some extra bits. In this case Compared to the other ToC releases it’s better to get a extra mini steel than a crappy poster like with WW But £30 is still a lot of money. I’m convinced when some people like a bad steel it’s because they paid a lot for it. I’ve thought that for a while. They lie to themselves
this basicaly applies to everything filmarena :rofl: