Mad Max: Fury Road (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #3) [UK]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: June 29, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - eBay (Pre-order on April 13)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes Limited Edition collectible SteelBook and Mini SteelBook cases, and an Exclusive Enamel Pin

C6C08193-7263-4C6D-9814-7B5F2AE25E55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got this from HMV today, didn't get a shipping notice, but got an alert from Royal Mail that my Sunrise package was being delivered today (sent on Monday), so hopefully other HMV customers should see these arriving today onwards.

BTW, this is an excellent release, love it.

Finally got this from HMV today, didn't get a shipping notice, but got an alert from Royal Mail that my Sunrise package was being delivered today (sent on Monday), so hopefully other HMV customers should see these arriving today onwards.

BTW, this is an excellent release, love it.

I got a garbled email from them which suggests my copy was only despatched today.

It arrived :)
The finish? Gorgeous! Yellow to orange tones with a metallic lustre rather than flat matte, subtle embossing on the rings of the centre icon and the NUX logo on the back is in gold. This one will not be done justice in photos.

Reactions: Shark
It arrived :)
The finish? Gorgeous! Yellow to orange tones with a metallic lustre rather than flat matte, subtle embossing on the rings of the centre icon and the NUX logo on the back is in gold. This one will not be done justice in photos.
I also think this is a great release in hand, but it could have been amazing. As it post 443, the illustrations or PoC has crazy levels of embossing around the steering wheel and head in the cross-bar, but final product was shallow embossed disk with flat artwork. If they could achieve what was illustrated, then hands down on being a Titan... It would have elevated this to an 11 rather than 8 or 9 score wise on total package IMO :thumbs:

Missed opportunity ToC or impossible to execute vision... I wonder if we'll ever get anything so crazy in the future... may be we'll never know.

It does look good.

So why do some people refer to the box as a protective slip? When I think of protective slips I think of the Mondo slips or the SCF whatever slips. Isn't this really just a cheap plastic package to hold the 2 steelbooks in that easily cracks or where the corners get crushed?

It does look good.

So why do some people refer to the box as a protective slip? When I think of protective slips I think of the Mondo slips or the SCF whatever slips. Isn't this really just a cheap plastic package to hold the 2 steelbooks in that easily cracks or where the corners get crushed?

Time will tell if it's less durable than cardboard slips overall but it's definitely been inspired by the clear PET sleeves a lot of collectors place their SteelBooks in for protection (which makes sense as these are releases by the SteelBook manufacturer). As they are designed to afford a glimpse of the SteelBook and contents inside with a matching design to the overall theme, I quite like them.

The double size of the entire package might be a bit of a burden on storage mind you.