Mad Max: Fury Road (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #3) [UK]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: June 29, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - eBay (Pre-order on April 13)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes Limited Edition collectible SteelBook and Mini SteelBook cases, and an Exclusive Enamel Pin

C6C08193-7263-4C6D-9814-7B5F2AE25E55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time will tell if it's less durable than cardboard slips overall but it's definitely been inspired by the clear PET sleeves a lot of collectors place their SteelBooks in for protection (which makes sense as these are releases by the SteelBook manufacturer). As they are designed to afford a glimpse of the SteelBook and contents inside with a matching design to the overall theme, I quite like them.

The double size of the entire package might be a bit of a burden on storage mind you.

In the video you can see that the top of the package is torn or cracked. I have seen the same in pictures for the Wonder Woman package as well as crushed corners. I guess it would be nice if they made the package as thick as the Mondo slips.

You made me look all this up as well. Thanks for the education. :thumbs:

sorry man, I’ve not been on here since Sunday (wasn’t ignoring anyone) and just came back to 30 notifications which I thought would of been pure abuse from my last psychology post haha.

Originally I thought I’d give myself some cooling off from HDN because of this thread and do everyone a favour for a day or 2 but I ended up getting very ill on Monday and I’ve been dosed up on some strong sh!t for a few days which I thought it’s defiantly not a good idea posting Whilst I’m f**ked. Yeah thanks to bucketmoon I’ve learned some new shiz

Here's what I got when I googled goggle

View attachment 476316

:LOL: Didn’t even notice that. I’m not even gona edit it

Yeah, @virkia showed some pics of them earlier, very interesting. Would be sometimes a nice option I think.

@TheCollector86 has definitely JOMO :D

You can replace that first letter with a few different letters and it still syncs up with him;)

Dare I say... this is probably my favourite steel/edition for Fury Road. :bag:

Me and you are on such a thin piece of ice right now LOL

Joking. It’s already melted :spoil:

You're lying to yourself.

:LOL: That gif is amazing.

I think it’s a given but please tell me I'm Burt? Even though I can do a spot on Ernie impression

So only your taste is the good one? Right, weirdo?

I’m sooooo happy I've p!ssed you off enough that you’ve come out of your 8 posts in 4 and half years to call me a weirdo. It’s the reason I’m breathing. You fuel me. And I have no f**king clue who you are

Also, you’ll see after my (and I’ll admit) strange rant that I’ve accused my self of the same bias. That is all my good sir lurker

this basicaly applies to everything filmarena :rofl:

He gets it ^ ;) (Apart from their WEAs)

I did laugh when I read my posts back just now. What was I on? Funny thing is nothing, I’ve quit it all!

Nope, received my copy today and stand by my comment. I'm all for originality, and this has tons of it! :D

that back art is very original :LOL:

ok I’ll stop now, I’ve not had a text from you in over a week and I’ll be damned if I let the titans of lies get in the way of us! LOL

@Flloydo

The steelbook in the video is metallic shiny.

so this will make a fair few of you laugh. And I’ll be honest. I did cancel this, at least I thought I did........ it arrived the other day. I can’t even remember if I went the full route on cancellation or it that failed because payment had been taken because I’ve just not been on my phone or checked my emails for days now.

soooo, it’s slightly better in hand but I’m still annoyed at the finish (and back art). In hand it’s not metallic shiny at all, I haven’t looked at that video yet so I’m not sure what your seeing but in hand it’s very much a muted pale (and streaky on the black non gloss Parts) orange matte. The original visuals are much better.

I’ll admit the front is nice when looking at it head on but that’s it’s for me. The back is just pure lazy and boring. The mini steel is cool but it has no special finish. Although I like it, it looses points for being plain in finish (also it’s weird that the WB logo is bigger on the mini steel spine than on the normal steel spine - anyone else notice that? It freaks me out lol)

The pin is cool but again not the style of pins I like. I like the pins with the deep edge sides and detail. Don’t know how to explain that, @Noodles will know what I mean (like your 2001/ shining pins - love that kind of finish on a pin)

And the PET plastic box packaging is dented to f**k thanks to zavvis bubble mailers.

That’s another thing, I love a PET slip that plays on the steel image like the korean Disney/ marvel/ Pixar ones. And although the image on the front of the case is nice it just don’t fit with the steel sitting behind it. Like the images don’t gel. I’ve tried it with the mini steel sitting at the front (how it arrived) and with the main steel with the mini steel at the back and neither (imo) suit it. That’s not a biggie but i would of thought it would kinda match up with the image and item. 2001 looks like it does and it looks like their best work from the visuals

So as much as the front of the steel is better than I thought, it’s still not as good as it should be (especially compared to their blade runner finish which they lead by example and should of been the blue print for them going forward) so on that basis I’m sending it back.

That’s my thoughts on this, it’s ok but not great as many are making out to be. It’s not as great as the potential they fired up with blade runner. It’s backwards a few steps but forward with the extras. 2001 is looking cool though, love the steel design, pin, patch and box. Maybe one day they will proper wow me because I would love an edition of theirs that’s spot on and of a film I love. Maybe one day

ok I’ll stop now, I’ve not had a text from you in over a week and I’ll be damned if I let the titans of lies get in the way of us! LOL
Dibs on the raft! :p

Lol why would it get in the way? We often have friendly disagreements, but it don't mean ish... you're still my boo. :drool:

Ah, soz! Keep forgetting to check my iPad/iMessenger and I think the battery is actually dead right now, so will charge it in a bit and reply to your texts.

The pin is cool but again not the style of pins I like. I like the pins with the deep edge sides and detail. Don’t know how to explain that, @Noodles will know what I mean (like your 2001/ shining pins - love that kind of finish on a pin)
I get ya. The ones with depth (the type you like) are referred to as soft enamel. The flat ones (such as the one here) are known as hard enamel and are generally slightly more expensive to make FYI. I like both, but different designs suit different types IMO. Mostly just down to personal preference though I guess.

Dibs on the raft! :p

Lol why would it get in the way? We often have friendly disagreements, but it don't mean ish... you're still my boo. :drool:

Ah, soz! Keep forgetting to check my iPad/iMessenger and I think the battery is actually dead right now, so will charge it in a bit and reply to your texts.

I’ll drown for you. And years later they will talk of how there was room for 2 of us. It will be reenacted for centuries

I get ya. The ones with depth (the type you like) are referred to as soft enamel. The flat ones (such as the one here) are known as hard enamel and are generally slightly more expensive to make FYI. I like both, but different designs suit different types IMO. Mostly just down to personal preference though I guess.

ahhh ok, didn’t know that. You would think the soft enamel would be more expensive given the detail on them but fair enough. Learn something new everyday. Because yours are all different Which I like and find interesting. 2001/ shining - soft enamel, pulp fiction - hard enamel. And then clockwork from your description is soft enamel but this time with matte parts. Is that right?

sorry man, I’ve not been on here since Sunday (wasn’t ignoring anyone) and just came back to 30 notifications which I thought would of been pure abuse from my last psychology post haha.

Originally I thought I’d give myself some cooling off from HDN because of this thread and do everyone a favour for a day or 2 but I ended up getting very ill on Monday and I’ve been dosed up on some strong sh!t for a few days which I thought it’s defiantly not a good idea posting Whilst I’m f**ked. Yeah thanks to bucketmoon I’ve learned some new shiz

:LOL: Didn’t even notice that. I’m not even gona edit it

You can replace that first letter with a few different letters and it still syncs up with him;)

Joking. It’s already melted :spoil:

:LOL: That gif is amazing.

I think it’s a given but please tell me I'm Burt? Even though I can do a spot on Ernie impression

I’m sooooo happy I've p!ssed you off enough that you’ve come out of your 8 posts in 4 and half years to call me a weirdo. It’s the reason I’m breathing. You fuel me. And I have no f**king clue who you are

Also, you’ll see after my (and I’ll admit) strange rant that I’ve accused my self of the same bias. That is all my good sir lurker

He gets it ^ ;) (Apart from their WEAs)

I did laugh when I read my posts back just now. What was I on? Funny thing is nothing, I’ve quit it all!

so this will make a fair few of you laugh. And I’ll be honest. I did cancel this, at least I thought I did........ it arrived the other day. I can’t even remember if I went the full route on cancellation or it that failed because payment had been taken because I’ve just not been on my phone or checked my emails for days now.

soooo, it’s slightly better in hand but I’m still annoyed at the finish (and back art). In hand it’s not metallic shiny at all, I haven’t looked at that video yet so I’m not sure what your seeing but in hand it’s very much a muted pale (and streaky on the black non gloss Parts) orange matte. The original visuals are much better.

I’ll admit the front is nice when looking at it head on but that’s it’s for me. The back is just pure lazy and boring. The mini steel is cool but it has no special finish. Although I like it, it looses points for being plain in finish (also it’s weird that the WB logo is bigger on the mini steel spine than on the normal steel spine - anyone else notice that? It freaks me out lol)

And the PET plastic box packaging is dented to f**k thanks to zavvis bubble mailers.

That’s another thing, I love a PET slip that plays on the steel image like the korean Disney/ marvel/ Pixar ones. And although the image on the front of the case is nice it just don’t fit with the steel sitting behind it. Like the images don’t gel. I’ve tried it with the mini steel sitting at the front (how it arrived) and with the main steel with the mini steel at the back and neither (imo) suit it. That’s not a biggie but i would of thought it would kinda match up with the image and item. 2001 looks like it does and it looks like their best work from the visuals

So as much as the front of the steel is better than I thought, it’s still not as good as it should be (especially compared to their blade runner finish which they lead by example and should of been the blue print for them going forward) so on that basis I’m sending it back.

That’s my thoughts on this, it’s ok but not great as many are making out to be. It’s not as great as the potential they fired up with blade runner. It’s backwards a few steps but forward with the extras. 2001 is looking cool though, love the steel design, pin, patch and box. Maybe one day they will proper wow me because I would love an edition of theirs that’s spot on and of a film I love. Maybe one day

You need to go a wee drive to Durham to have your eyes checked. I said it has a metallic luster - and it does. Mine ain't streaky either - angle it into the light and the metal underneath gleams through, as does the gold ink of the NUX logo on the back. A really nice looking steel.

The tyre tread design on the PET slip is probably too large and doesn't reveal enough of the contents like the previous two releases. Pin is lovely, mini SteelBook kinda pointless imo. 2001 looks the bomb, Ready Player One will definitely depend on whether that paint finish pops.

Reactions: Flloydo
You need to go a wee drive to Durham to have your eyes checked. I said it has a metallic luster - and it does. Mine ain't streaky either - angle it into the light and the metal underneath gleams through, as does the gold ink of the NUX logo on the back. A really nice looking steel.

The tyre tread design on the PET slip is probably too large and doesn't reveal enough of the contents like the previous two releases. Pin is lovely, mini SteelBook kinda pointless imo. 2001 looks the bomb, Ready Player One will definitely depend on whether that paint finish pops.

lol I had to think about that Durham comment then. That still gets me. What an excuse!

I don’t really see it, mine just looks normal matte to me. The orange isn’t streaky but I can see it on the small black parts. I dunno.
The back nux part is spot gloss so that shines in the light but it’s one of those cases where the sides are glossy because of the matte paint job and the orange is more metallic looking on the sides so it’s even more of a kick in the nuts because that has the shine glimmer that’s on the original visuals.

oh well, it’s all good, I’m sending it back anyway. No biggie

yeah maybe it’s that with the PET. I just find it weird that the actual items don’t gel with the graphic. 2001 looks perfect. I can’t get on with ready player one though. I really don’t like those images used but I’m keen to see pictures on how it turns out, watch that get a perfect finish.

so does anyone else find it weird that the WB logo is bigger on the mini steel? I do

17515B71-DDE9-46D8-81D6-B15B6D0604E7.jpeg

I’ll drown for you. And years later they will talk of how there was room for 2 of us. It will be reenacted for centuries

ahhh ok, didn’t know that. You would think the soft enamel would be more expensive given the detail on them but fair enough. Learn something new everyday. Because yours are all different Which I like and find interesting. 2001/ shining - soft enamel, pulp fiction - hard enamel. And then clockwork from your description is soft enamel but this time with matte parts. Is that right?
Social distancing though... 1 person per raft dude. ;)

I don't really know the ins-and-outs of it all tbh, so I'm not sure why one is more expensive than the other... guess it's down to the manufacturing process. Things start to get a bit tricky depending on the metal finishing you choose... my Clockwork Orange one is soft enamel, but I asked for black dye to avoid having the usual raised metal edges, whilst also keeping the depth for the coloured parts (if that makes sense).

I don't really know the ins-and-outs of it all tbh, so I'm not sure why one is more expensive than the other... guess it's down to the manufacturing process. Things start to get a bit tricky depending on the metal finishing you choose... my Clockwork Orange one is soft enamel, but I asked for black dye to avoid having the usual raised metal edges, whilst also keeping the depth for the coloured parts (if that makes sense).

I had to chose between laughing at the post because of the first comment or helpful because of the second. I chose laugh

What if it’s a 3/ 4 metre raft? Will you still hog it?

ahh ok it’s black dye. The contrast on it is really cool. I’ve never seen that on a pin before. It’s kinda like matte though isn’t it but good to know what it actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles

I have your Clockwork Orange one and it is absolute class.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Mad Max: Fury Road - third edition made by Titans of Cult. Amazing looking set with 4k edition of the film. I am not big fan of PET slips due to the fact that they are breaking in frequently used parts, but i must admit that this one looks very cool. Inside you can find exclusive art steelbooks - Mini and standard one. Mini steelbook keeps enamel pin and normal one is equipped with 3 discs (4k UHD and Standard Blu-ray + Black and Chrome edition) with the film.

I like the minimalistic look of the steelbooks and the hard work that was put into this release. Good Job Titans!

Photo unboxing: coming soon.

Subscirbie, Like & Share! Thanks for stopping by!

I had to chose between laughing at the post because of the first comment or helpful because of the second. I chose laugh

What if it’s a 3/ 4 metre raft? Will you still hog it?

ahh ok it’s black dye. The contrast on it is really cool. I’ve never seen that on a pin before. It’s kinda like matte though isn’t it but good to know what it actually is.
Haha good to know I'm not the only one who has the same dilemma when it comes to reacting to people's post.

Hmm I guess you could call it matte... although I think it just appears that way because it's applied to a different textured surface compared to the rest. I could be wrong though, and probably am lol.

I have your Clockwork Orange one and it is absolute class.
Oh, awesome! Appreciate your support mate and am glad to hear you like the pin. :)

Mad Max: Fury Road - third edition made by Titans of Cult. Amazing looking set with 4k edition of the film. I am not big fan of PET slips due to the fact that they are breaking in frequently used parts, but i must admit that this one looks very cool. Inside you can find exclusive art steelbooks - Mini and standard one. Mini steelbook keeps enamel pin and normal one is equipped with 3 discs (4k UHD and Standard Blu-ray + Black and Chrome edition) with the film.

I like the minimalistic look of the steelbooks and the hard work that was put into this release. Good Job Titans!

That’s a nasty dent at the back of the steelbook :oops:

Reactions: galareta2332

Those 2 dents on your steel make me worry that other people will get dented steels. Seems like the pet sleeve should have prevented damage directly to the steel. Was the shipment damaged in any way?