making a custom steelbook and have a problem.(custom art problem)

Nov 27, 2019
I am making a custom steelbook for Bioshock but every time I try to print my custom art, it becomes too short as in the width of it has like an inch of space so you can see the spray painted metal. is there any way to remedy this I tried making it bigger but it's not big enough I have a hp 2526. I can't seem to make it just fill the whole page

It's inside art, it has about a half an inch to An inch and its fustrating
printing whole page options isnt big enough? Perhaps try putting it in word, then change the margins so it prints bigger. If not that, print each side separately ... are you doing inside spine art? that is always a *****, i often just skipped the spine. I also used to do it where i printed bigger then just cut to fit course was just each side.

yes I'm doing the spine I printed one side bigger than the other and had to use my glossy photo paper twice :( this is the problem I am running into
Untitled.jpg

I'm already using a template like that one but for some reason, as you can see it won't go really close to the borders as yours does, I have a hp 2652 if that helps cure the problem that I'm facing

I'm already using a template like that one but for some reason, as you can see it won't go really close to the borders as yours does, I have a hp 2652 if that helps cure the problem that I'm facing
I've owned HP printers before, go into your printer settings and find a setting called borderless printing and click it ON and that should help.

Here's an example of borderless printing which should be in your printer preferences..
print preferences.jpgborderless.JPG

Here's the outcome.
20191204_153848558_iOS.jpg20191204_154112786_iOS.jpg

As you can see it's only slightly oversized which can be trimmed to fit as desired. I do recommend a straight edge cutter rather than scissors as you'll get true straight edge.

Last edited:
it seems borderless isn't supported of my hp 2652, so I can't make it go to the edge I've tried to find the border controls and so I don't know what else to do but print twice

yeah I saw that too its quite sad looks like I'm going to be wasting ink when I make a few, I have three atm, for bioshock, okami and undertale