Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Collection Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020 - December 17, 2021 (Re-release))
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £399.99

81jlYAimIkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81dSXFHUQuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81INoDPwVaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 811Hf-YaGxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81Yxcx94uvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 815MDTUhE7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was about 4,000.

Interesting. I keep adding 99 to my basket for any indication of limitation and availability, but got one on preorder as I’ve lost hope waiting out for a Phase 3 set to match the other 2 from the US. Will likely sell those if I pick this up.

SET CONTAINS:

• All 23 MCU films from the unprecedented Infinity Saga on 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY disc (46 discs).
  • Each film’s discs are housed within 23 individual twin tray digipack cases
  • The set is housed inside and protected with a rigid acrylic lid.
  • A hidden tray in the base of the unit reveals:
  • 4 Bonus Discs including The Infinity Saga Bonus Disc
  • Lithograph by Matt Ferguson
  • An ‘The Infinity Saga’ poster
  • Thank You Letter from Kevin Feige

231dde9e-1899-453a-a18e-b60992dd9276.__CR36,0,2928,1200_PT0_SX1464_V1___.jpg

f15a4b06-d770-4995-a43c-8e494fbec657.__CR0,0,1600,1200_PT0_SX800_V1___.jpg

It was initially supposed to be 3500, but Best Buy printed 4,025 copies. I haven't opened my copy, but you can watch an unboxing video on YouTube. The inside of the case says there are 4025 copies.
Disney would have made more :naughty:
Best Buy are only a retailer selling products from distributors

I meant Best Buy had 4025 copies printed. Petty much, Paul? I guess you were upset you got the number wrong? :rofl:
I'm not :LOL:
Disney would have made the decision to make more not Best Buy

This UK release be the same Disney decide how many to make
Amazon just getting exclusive as a retailer

I'm not :LOL:
Disney would have made the decision to make more not Best Buy

This UK release be the same Disney decide how many to make
Amazon just getting exclusive as a retailer
Prove it! Post a screenshot from Disney saying this. :rofl:

Prove it! Post a screenshot from Disney saying this. :rofl:
Disney decide all of their releases the print runs no matter if its a trade wide release or a retailer exclusive

It's different when its like premium releases blufans as an example etc where they do design artwork of slips lenti etc

Best Buy and Amazon are only retailers selling whats offered to them to sell they don't make the products

Last edited:
Not sure if BestBuy set will be more valuable. Both will be the same interesting items for the Collector's. 4k limit is not something special.
1k limit means that not everyone will get it who wants.
4k limit means that if someone wants it, he can get it (at least in some period of time) . Those who are not sure... will not.
10k limit means that for a limited time everyone can get it.
In both cases the problem is with price and if someone is not sure now, he will be less atracted to it when the price will double on the third party places.
Just my 5 cents.
From my perpsepctive i am on the fence. I would like to have it if it would be smaller and with at least some price reduction. Dont know what to do... Thinking.

Not sure if BestBuy set will be more valuable. Both will be the same interesting items for the Collector's. 4k limit is not something special.
1k limit means that not everyone will get it who wants.
4k limit means that if someone wants it, he can get it (at least in some period of time) . Those who are not sure... will not.
10k limit means that for a limited time everyone can get it.
In both cases the problem is with price and if someone is not sure now, he will be less atracted to it when the price will double on the third party places.
Just my 5 cents.
From my perpsepctive i am on the fence. I would like to have it if it would be smaller and with at least some price reduction. Dont know what to do... Thinking.
It's true that collectors can cause an item's value to go higher or not based on what most are willing to pay, but generally speaking, first pressings and rarity equal higher value. That's true for any collectible, whether we're talking about media or not.

Reactions: Billy Talent
This release is a joke, marvel milked the sh*t outta the franchise.
And what do the fans get in return we get a cheap "collectors edition" made from paper and discs stuffed in low quality paper sleeves?

The hell were they thinking with this. Give us a nice marvel box set that the fans would want.
Honestly I would not pay over 80$ for this release because that's what I believe it is worth.

Reactions: MM3
This release is a joke, marvel milked the sh*t outta the franchise.
And what do the fans get in return we get a cheap "collectors edition" made from paper and discs stuffed in low quality paper sleeves?

The hell were they thinking with this. Give us a nice marvel box set that the fans would want.
Honestly I would not pay over 80$ for this release because that's what I believe it is worth.
UK Its different to USA release in terms of how the discs are stored and accesed
UK release the digipacks use tray to hold the discs and not like USA release using paper sleeves.
  • All 23 MCU films from the unprecedented Infinity Saga on 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY disc (46 discs).
It would cost you a lot more £460 to £575 just to purchase 23 films separately as 4K UHD/Blu-ray Amaray releases and that would not include the 4 Bonus Discs or the other items etc if you did that

Excluding the 4 bonus blu-ray discs and other items and boxset case packaging.
399.99 ÷23 (46 Discs) = £17.39 each
46+4 = 50 discs = £7.99 per disc

23 x 4K+2D Blu-ray Amaray Case releases would be 23 × £20 (£460) or 23 × £25 (£575)

Last edited:
UK Its different to USA release in terms of how the discs are stored and accesed
UK release the digipacks use tray to hold the discs and not like USA release using paper sleeves.
It would cost you a lot more £460 to £575 just to purchase 23 films separately as 4K UHD/Blu-ray Amaray releases and that would not include the 4 Bonus Discs or the other items etc if you did that

Excluding the 4 bonus blu-ray discs and other items and boxset case packaging.
399.99 ÷23 (46 Discs) = £17.39 each
46+4 = 50 discs = £7.99 per disc

23 x 4K+2D Blu-ray Amaray Case releases would be 23 × £20 (£460) or 23 × £25 (£575)

Agreed I just paid about £ 150 for 3 marvel movies and it's worth it they are well designed even light up with a cool steelbook.
This however I would not pay over 100 $ for.

It all comes down to design for most collectors.

Agreed I just paid about £ 150 for 3 marvel movies and it's worth it they are well designed even light up with a cool steelbook.
This however I would not pay over 100 $ for.

It all comes down to design for most collectors.
This box set is 23 films on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray Discs

Be impossible to get any release of all these 23 films for $100 (£78) even if it was just the discs by themselves with no packaging.

The box set has 50 discs

USA Box set release was $549.99 and not a well made as the UK box set
$549.99 = £431.75

UK box set is £399.99 and a better made box set

Wonder what the base is made of wood? Probably cardboard, but as acrylic lid.
Looks nice but expensive and im sure this might disappoint some when it comes out ie cheap looking.
The usa edition was exclusive to best buy, whats happening with amazon these days are they losing out on exclusives these days.
I got the jb hifi one which was just blu ray not 4k but it was just for show.
I have the mavel editions on steelbook anyway and probably some in 3d.
The jb one was like the best buy but not in 4k and to be honest was not worth the money. But a 20% come up just after i got it and saved. Bit still was an overpriced it for what it was.
Im still happy to own it but did wonder why uk missed out, but have they left the best edition till last? If so its normally the usa who get the better editions and has there ever been a better edition of something from uk vs usa in past?

I just wish the do a set to go with the other two that usa had few years back.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Looks nice but expensive and im sure this might disappoint some when it comes out ie cheap looking.
The usa edition was exclusive to best buy, whats happening with amazon these days are they losing out on exclusives these days.
The jb one was like the best buy but not in 4k and to be honest was not worth the money. But a 20% come up just after i got it and saved. Bit still was an overpriced it for what it was.
Im still happy to own it but did wonder why uk missed out, but have they left the best edition till last? If so its normally the usa who get the better editions and has there ever been a better edition of something from uk vs usa in past?

UK release is Amazon Exclusive

Yep I'm not gonna buy it, im gonna wait till people get theirs and do unboxing videos and see the disappointment yet again.
If it turns out better than expected and nothing is cardboard I might get it but I prefer the one click bluray sets or the zavvi exclusive Led lights up box sets which are also very nice.

This box set is 23 films on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray Discs

Be impossible to get any release of all these 23 films for $100 (£78) even if it was just the discs by themselves with no packaging.

The box set has 50 discs

USA Box set release was $549.99 and not a well made as the UK box set
$549.99 = £431.75

UK box set is £399.99 and a better made box set
The box set might end up being better made, but we won't know for sure until it's released. I hope it's better. I will likely sell my 2 Best Buy editions for several thousand dollars on eBay and cash out. I noticed some sealed copies on eBay have sold for as much as $3500. The cash would be nice considering how expensive collecting is.