Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Collection Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020 - December 17, 2021 (Re-release))
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £399.99

81jlYAimIkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81dSXFHUQuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81INoDPwVaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 811Hf-YaGxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81Yxcx94uvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 815MDTUhE7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Its interesting to see how this has divided opinion. I really don't understand why some of you are so hung up by this being not enough in terms of its packaging and extras etc. Your looking for some ideal package with stones or steelbooks and whatever other trimmings you can think of. Its important to understand that Disney/Marvel need to strike a balance between what they produce, how much they price it for and how many they can sell. With some of the wish items people are quoting on this thread, you'd be looking at a very limited number of these being produced and the price would be out of range of most people's wallets. On top of that you'd have the opportunists selling these on e-Bay for obscene prices.

I personally thinks set presents great value for money. I've not seen the US version but I'm all for digipacks and the housing etc. For the price they're selling for I do believe the materials they use should be good quality. I've pre-ordered for now as I don't have any of the marvel movies except for what I've seen in the cinema or netflix.

I agree, anyone who thinks they're getting a boxset of 23 individual steelbooks alone for less than this is retailing for needs their head examining. The idea of having some ultimate set with stones or a gauntlet is nice but would ultimately be made of cheap ass plastic and be a massive consumption of space. If there is one aspect they need to improve on with this set its the special features - you'd think there would be a feature length retrospective on the series just for starters... nope, some deleted scenes. Grrrreat.

Reactions: shazman
I agree, anyone who thinks they're getting a boxset of 23 individual steelbooks alone for less than this is retailing for needs their head examining. The idea of having some ultimate set with stones or a gauntlet is nice but would ultimately be made of cheap ass plastic and be a massive consumption of space. If there is one aspect they need to improve on with this set its the special features - you'd think there would be a feature length retrospective on the series just for starters... nope, some deleted scenes. Grrrreat.
At the very least, I think the artwork on the sleeves should have been better. They should have reused the artwork from the phase box sets.

Reactions: Covcraig
At the very least, I think the artwork on the sleeves should have been better. They should have reused the artwork from the phase box sets.

I kind of like the simplified titles. Although I do love the artwork in the US Phase 1 briefcase set

Reactions: MM3
There's actually quite a bit of bonus features missing from what I can tell. The 2012 Nordic release of The Avengers steelbook is a 2-disc Blu-ray, which has a separate bonus disc with a really good 90-minute documentary about the whole Phase 1 of the MCU (I think it's called "Building a Cinematic Universe" or something like that). The Nordic releases of Spider-Man: Homecoming and Far From Home both had separate bonus discs too. It's been a while since I watched them so I'm not exactly sure about their length, but I think they were ~20 minute-featurettes each. All three films also had a pretty hefty amount of bonus features on their feature film discs, but they're included in this set on the same BD discs. However, none of these bonus discs seem to be. On top of that, both Iron Man and Iron Man 2's original Blu-ray releases had separate bonus discs that had roughly 3 hours of bonus features each and they were really comprehensive (at that time films studios still put a lot of effort to many bonus features).

So that's 5 bonus discs missing. Those Spider-Man bonus features could be combined to one disc since they're short, but that would still be 4 bonus discs missing. The Iron Man and Iron Man 2 bonus discs have been omitted from any Disney re-releases of them, so it could be something to do with legal issues with Paramount I guess, but there's no reason not to put that 90-minute bonus disc from the original Blu-ray release of The Avengers since it was all Disney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Punker76
So, I take it with this release, there won't be a separate phase 3 special collector's edition?
Almost definitely not. It would have come out already. It makes me wonder if they release a similar set like this of the next saga, whatever it will be called, or just a huge megabox with the Infinity Saga + the new saga. Most likely not though, as it would be so huge and cost pretty much the double the cost of this set.

Reactions: shazman
So, I take it with this release, there won't be a separate phase 3 special collector's edition?
There is phase 3 part 1 and part 2 4K box sets available already released in 2019 and still available

Phase 3 Part 1

Phase 3 Part 2

@paulboland, those aren’t anything like the US Collector’s Editions though, with the briefcase and infinity stone

Was hoping for a phase 3 collectors edition but now I’m thinking just the sell my phase 1 and 2 for this full set.

I know the issues with the US set but this looks more appealing and cleaner than the US collectors editions.

@paulboland, those aren’t anything like the US Collector’s Editions though, with the briefcase and infinity stone

Was hoping for a phase 3 collectors edition but now I’m thinking just the sell my phase 1 and 2 for this full set.

I know the issues with the US set but this looks more appealing and cleaner than the US collectors editions.
You are posting in a UK thread
The separate briefcase releases of Phase 1 and 2 was USA only and these are not 4K

Separate UK releases of Marvel Studios Cinematic Universe 1/2/3 was Slipbox releases UK never got the Briefcase releases

A USA breifcase style of Phase 3 is unlikely to happen at the moment but with Disney you never know for sure when it comes to re-releases of their films and if it was released the price would be similar to the 4K The Infinity Saga Box Set of all 23 films but only have Phase 3 Films

@paulboland I’m aware of that, I just assumed @shazman was referring to the US releases because of the ‘special collectors edition’ bit. The phase box sets you are referring to aren’t exactly special as they were released in a number of different locations.

Hi, Yes, I was referring to a phase 3 collector's edition like the brief case and the infinity stones. Most likely for the U.S. Looks like they may have ditched this idea with this release

Hi, Yes, I was referring to a phase 3 collector's edition like the brief case and the infinity stones. Most likely for the U.S. Looks like they may have ditched this idea with this release

Yeah, I reckon they have too

Its a pity. The Briefcase Edition was one of the best collector's editions I've ever seen. Infinity Stones not quite so but I thought they would have tried to claw it back with Phase 3 but maybe there were too many movies in this phase and how do you sum them all up? Probably a big challenge I'd say.

Let’s stick some music on the already posted shots, and not divulge any new information... haha

@paulboland Have you heard anything about a future 4K boxset without all of the limited edition packaging that this has?

I had been waiting for a UK 4K set, so I pre-ordered this when it went live. But I would prefer to have something simpler that will sit on a shelf and not require its own table! :rofl:

I can always remove the film digicases and put them on a shelf and store the display box in the loft, but would prefer not to have to buy the display box at all.