Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Collection Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020 - December 17, 2021 (Re-release))
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £399.99

81jlYAimIkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81dSXFHUQuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81INoDPwVaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 811Hf-YaGxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81Yxcx94uvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 815MDTUhE7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Where can you see the amount? It just says "In stock" on Amazon for me.

Add it to your basket and change the quantity to 999, it will then give you a message with how many still available from the seller, in this case being Amazon.

It’s now 745

Everyone by now has the discs multiple times over.
So 400£ buys you nothing more than fancy printed cardboard and a big box that takes up a huge amount of space.
Well I didn't have any of these films on 4K, only regular BDs, so it was a convenient way to upgrade them. Mine still hasn't dispatched though, but it should soon.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Should have bought the 4k steelbooks
Why? This is a very well made and beautiful set and a convenient way to get them all at once on 4K.

On top of that, this set has great exclusive extras that the steelbooks don't have, like the bonus discs, a very nice poster, a lithograph and the whole package just looks so great with the acryllic lid and artwork from the spines. The 4K steelbooks have generally also inferior artwork when compared to their initial BD releases and they have an inconsistent art style: some of them have the washed-out poster artwork, while some have not, some of them are missing titles in the front etc. I'm also not a fan of the UK slips of the steelbooks as they have that ugly 4K banner on top. The slips of the regular BD steels looks so much nicer without any banners on top.

Also, this set is much cheaper than buying the 4K steelbooks, especially now that some of them are OOP. Even if I had bought them at launch, most of them had an initial price of either 25£ or 30£, so they would have cost roughly 620-660£, whereas this set is 400£.

Last edited:
Quite tempted by this.... do want all of them on 4K and to rewatch from the start.

It’s not too huge at all at 35 cm wide.

It’s definitely good value but still shelling out £400 is a bit dirty.

Also, over 999 available now...

Reactions: Billy Talent
Received my set today and while this is a very nice looking set, my set had terrible quality control. 19/24 cases had some sort of damage to them. Some of the damage was quite minor, but some of them had very noticeable damage. The box set was packaged very well in a factory box and Amazon even packed the factory box inside a bigger box, so it's obviously not their fault.

I attached some pictures of the best bits. Overall, really disappointed. Had to contact Amazon for a replacement. Did others have the same issue, or was I just super unlucky?

Attachments

• IMG_8698.JPG
    IMG_8698.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_8697.JPG
    IMG_8697.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_8693.JPG
    IMG_8693.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_8688.JPG
    IMG_8688.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 283
Wow, that’s really poor! Hope your replacement is fine and that was just a one off. We’re the damaged ones loose when it arrived or were they in place?

I ended up cancelling my order, in the hopes there’s a decent price drop.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Wow, that’s really poor! Hope your replacement is fine and that was just a one off. We’re the damaged ones loose when it arrived or were they in place?

I ended up cancelling my order, in the hopes there’s a decent price drop.
None were loose. Everything was also nicely protected and packaged, which is why I was so surprised to see so many of the cases damaged.

£400 for this?

If it had...

• Replica high quality Infinity Stones
  • Unique steelbooks with amazing artwork
  • A little trinket from each film
  • Artwork done by a well know COMIC BOOK artist who's worked on high profile Marvel comics
  • Packaging box was super high quality

THEN and only then would I say it could be worth £400 but that set looks awful for the price. It's the MCU, I thought we'd get something a little better.

Even something like this would be a start...

5b9900c416aac403e202e68751253f3a.jpg
eh, one could argue Matt has been on enough stuff over the past 5 years to be considered well known in that "that space" ... sometimes comic artists can make it simply that, more comic like ... so just depends on what one wants ...

knock off infinity stones can be bought on ebay for cheap.

Disney doesnt discount their movies very much ... so I think it more comes down to this .... Do you own any of these movies? If no ... then at 15gbp x 23 your at 345 already ... not too far off considering value then for what's left including BD's of the films and bonus discs.

For those of us who own copies of some or most these films in nice editions already ... if interested in this, I think more so like .... would I sell 3-4 of the "bangers" to get this for free .... that is the question...

and then its diff for each person ... I would prefer to have whole saga in one set more so when family wants to watch this who visit etc ... I can simply be here like .... "here" and not worry about them opening up steelbook editions with no care in the world for how they treat it with greasy paws. :p And there is ease of use ... here it is, all of it ... let's marathon!

but alas ... I havent moved on this yet either. I do like it tho ... just not a good time for me right now, maybe i benefit from a price drop ... or miss out and settle for a cheaper packaging mass set.

eh, one could argue Matt has been on enough stuff over the past 5 years to be considered well known in that "that space" ... sometimes comic artists can make it simply that, more comic like ... so just depends on what one wants ...

knock off infinity stones can be bought on ebay for cheap.

Disney doesnt discount their movies very much ... so I think it more comes down to this .... Do you own any of these movies? If no ... then at 15gbp x 23 your at 345 already ... not too far off considering value then for what's left including BD's of the films and bonus discs.

For those of us who own copies of some or most these films in nice editions already ... if interested in this, I think more so like .... would I sell 3-4 of the "bangers" to get this for free .... that is the question...

and then its diff for each person ... I would prefer to have whole saga in one set more so when family wants to watch this who visit etc ... I can simply be here like .... "here" and not worry about them opening up steelbook editions with no care in the world for how they treat it with greasy paws. :p And there is ease of use ... here it is, all of it ... let's marathon!

but alas ... I havent moved on this yet either. I do like it tho ... just not a good time for me right now, maybe i benefit from a price drop ... or miss out and settle for a cheaper packaging mass set.

My issue is, well mostly at the time of writing that post, is a lot of things getting announced, from steelbooks, special editions and even the ODEON cinema posters, it became Matt this, Matt that, it started to get a little samey art wise. I want to see something a little more refreshing and different.

Knock off Infinity Stones can be bought, sure but it would be nice to how official Disney approved MCU Infinity Stones, something which would be worth a lot more than knock off ones you can find anytime.

I have a nice edition of phase one already with the brief case edition however I thought even back then the Infinity Saga collection would be amazing, especially when Phase 2 got the Orb replica, instead we get this which just isn't really worth it really. I mean sure it's nice for people to not open up my steelbooks when they come around but now with Disney Plus, you can just stick that on and they' be content.

But then again I'd probably have the collection of a standard everyday boxset that I can give out and not worry if it gets damaged and then have my more expensive, prized collection upstairs on show :D

Even if you got this in a flawless condition, natural wear and tear will no doubt set in so at some point so the condition will deterioate over time

Reactions: Mararagan
I’m thinking maybe £250 or less...
I am thinking £99 tops, not worth it IMO, should have gone all out for that budget steelbooks and lenti's all that, 6 infinity Gemstones replicas with a hardcover book 200+ pages with lots of images and info from Iron man to avengers endgame.

Reactions: Mararagan