3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
I still feel like Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will be playing Morpheus and Niobe's son

Laurence Fishburne will be at the very end or post credits scene as a secret cameo

You can't do a film with Trinity and Neo then just not even bother asking Laurence Fishburne to return

Reactions: Mararagan
Kinda wish that Keanu would have ditched the beard for this one like he was in the first films. The beard reminds me too much of John Wick but oh well, it is what it is.
If you stop the frames carefully at the beginning of the trailer during the flashes when he talks to Neil Patrick Harris you can actually see him shaved and looking exactly like in the Matrix Trilogy where he wakes up in the red liquid. I think the John Wick look is Neo's "Phantasy"-Look, his dream world avatar so to speak. The film has been shrouded in so much secrecy that I am 99% sure we will see Neo in his Matrix look and style in this film considering that we see him completely shaved in the trailer already. Considering the secrecy I'm also not completely trusting Fishbourne's statement of him not being in the film and not having been contacted. I remember how Ewan McGregor said for YEARS that he has no idea about an Obi Wan Movie or TV show and that they didn't plan anything and when it was finally revealed he said that he infact knew all along for all those years but just wasn't allowed to say it. I bet Fishbourne is going to show up in a "Welcome back Neo" hero-introduction and the theatres will go absolutely bonkers.

Or I could be wrong and the film is doing something completely different :rofl:

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 20.59.27.png

Last edited:
@Vega those NDAs are strong

I'm amped up for this. I know 2 and 3 weren't that great but I think Keanu has been very consistent lately with his prjects and I think the years since the last one will bring a bit more to the role. I'm excited to see this and I honestly thought this was a 2022 release!

Reactions: Vega
Loved that trailer!
Of course, the John Wick look isn't my cup of tea... and missing Morpheus/Smith is a big "hmmm" for me, but let's wait and see! Is it December yet?

I really hope Trinity isn't just some program to keep Neo in the Matrix as some big twist or she's not allowed to leave

If they are going to start a new trilogy then keep them around, it was stupid to
almost "kill" her in Reloaded then to kill her in Revelations

I'm sure the Machines could create new bodies for them with their DNA, that shaven haired Neo being lifted up by the Machines looks like he is being "reborn"

I really hope Trinity isn't just some program to keep Neo in the Matrix as some big twist or she's not allowed to leave

If they are going to start a new trilogy then keep them around, it was stupid to
almost "kill" her in Reloaded then to kill her in Revelations

I'm sure the Machines could create new bodies for them with their DNA, that shaven haired Neo being lifted up by the Machines looks like he is being "reborn"
That's the one thing that annoys me about the sequels...
they kill her, then bring her back just to kill her off again. Obviously now she's "back" yet again :rolleyes: