Mediabook Miami Vice - 15th Anniversary (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Oct 9, 2019
Release date: October 14, 2021
Purchase links: Koch-Shop - Amazon DE
Price: €24.99 (Koch) - €25.90 (Amazon)
Notes: 2 Blu-ray discs (Theatrical + Director´s Cut)

MiamiVice__MB-B__3D.jpg
81adE-cgfrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! And with both cuts as well! Release date is showing as 14 October on Amazon de but not available to order as yet. Only editions of this I've seen to date are standard amrays, havebeen waiting years for something with a bit more flavour. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: komor
Nice! And with both cuts as well! Release date is showing as 14 October on Amazon de but not available to order as yet. Only editions of this I've seen to date are standard amrays, havebeen waiting years for something with a bit more flavour. Thanks for posting this.
Didn´t await too much from the movie and bought it when it was on sale, but I was banned for the whole tiime of watching the movie, because it has this unique vibe, that is not only copied from the original. I think I can´t resist of buying one.

Last edited:
Didn´t await too much from the movie and bought it when it was on sale, but I was banned for the whole tiime of watching the movie, because it has this unique vibe, that is not only copied from the original. I think I can´t resist of buying one.
I will keep checking Amazon but if you notice cover B going live would you post here to say? I will do the same if I spot it.
I agree with you, the film has a strong vibe that has stuck with me.
You are probably aware of it but may I recommend the film 'Thief' also directed by Michael Mann, starring James Caan with an awesome Tangerine Dream soundtrack. A good companion piece to this and Heat.

I will keep checking Amazon but if you notice cover B going live would you post here to say? I will do the same if I spot it.
I agree with you, the film has a strong vibe that has stuck with me.
You are probably aware of it but may I recommend the film 'Thief' also directed by Michael Mann, starring James Caan with an awesome Tangerine Dream soundtrack. A good companion piece to this and Heat.
Thanks for the info - I heard of it. but didn´t know it´s from the same director. Then I will give it a watch in the next time.

Thanks for the info - I heard of it. but didn´t know it´s from the same director. Then I will give it a watch in the next time.
Did you manage to get one? Its showing as no.1 bestseller but out of stock.. I've been checking on and off over the last day and haven't seen it as available.. must have come in and sold out quickly!

Do you guys know which format (size) these Mediabooks are, G1 or G2?
It looks to be G2 from the mock up but I've found it to be pot luck at times with the sizing on mediabooks..
the edition with the heads is available at Koch media shop at the moment. I'll post here if the Amazon exclusive comes back in..

Reactions: Masta Norris
Did you manage to get one? Its showing as no.1 bestseller but out of stock.. I've been checking on and off over the last day and haven't seen it as available.. must have come in and sold out quickly!
Live now - release date is 14th of october. Don´t forget the Stargate Mediabook. which is also an Amazon-Exclusive, looks very good when not best of the 4 different editions - and has also gone live recently.
81oqfgyx1ZL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Weird.. it shows as out of stock for me still.. !! Thanks for the post though, I'll keep an eye out for it coming back in

If anybody orders the Miami Vice Mediabook from Koch-Shop I reccomend to get the Parasite 4K-Mediabook as well. it´s on sale and you will get the replacement discs for sure only when ordering direct from the shop. ( there was an issue with the sound-track). Otherwise you have to write to them and ask for a replacement.

Last edited:
Strange - probably a location issue. May I ask were you are from?
I'm in the UK here.. it's just permanently showing as awaiting further stock whenever I visit the page so you might be onto something if you can see it as available still. Thanks for taking the time to look into it

It´s G2 100% - it were only Parasite and The ColorOOS that had two cover-options with different size..
Thanks for the confirmation. So the ones from Koch are always in G2 I reckon. I only collect the G1 format which Capelight is using.
You think there will be a keep case edition with the director's cut some time in the future eventually?

Thanks for the confirmation. So the ones from Koch are always in G2 I reckon. I only collect the G1 format which Capelight is using.
You think there will be a keep case edition with the director's cut some time in the future eventually?
There was a release from Candyman 2, that came first as Amazon-exclusive Mediabook and then later (now) an Amaray with collectible Slipcover follows. Possible, that Miami Vice one also gets one.
81v4+v4jlnL._SL1500_.jpg
81C-MRO030S._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Masta Norris
I'm in the UK here.. it's just permanently showing as awaiting further stock whenever I visit the page so you might be onto something if you can see it as available still. Thanks for taking the time to look into it
It will be available when released. Has something to do with the exclusivity of Amazon and the new regulations for the UK-market. It will show up on release date for sure.

Reactions: mikeab07
Available for me to pre order in the UK now. Does anyone know if there is an amary version of the directors cut that works in the UK? Love the look of this mediabook but the height of them ruins my collection

Reactions: komor and mikeab07