Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 26, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon
Price: $249.99
Notes: 31-Discs

Middle Earth Contents.jpg

Last edited:
Is there anything new in this collection that isn't on previous releases? I seem to recall Peter Jackson offered to include deleted scenes with the bookcase edition but Warners passed on it.

Is there anything new in this collection that isn't on previous releases? I seem to recall Peter Jackson offered to include deleted scenes with the bookcase edition but Warners passed on it.
Jackson said that he wanted to do an even longer version than the Extended Editions, which would be so f'in awesome, but i doubt it's gonna be in this edition, they're gonna try to milk that cow and release 4K first and then maybe a Final Cut down the line, I really hope for a separate LOTR box on that one since I don't care that much for the hobbit films personally (which is a shame)

Jackson said that he wanted to do an even longer version than the Extended Editions, which would be so f'in awesome, but i doubt it's gonna be in this edition, they're gonna try to milk that cow and release 4K first and then maybe a Final Cut down the line, I really hope for a separate LOTR box on that one since I don't care that much for the hobbit films personally (which is a shame)
The ultimate edition of The Hobbit Flicks, would be edited down to 1 or 2 movies. I can’t decide if this is worth getting or not. From what I recall, the only new material is going to be a making of the 4K versions (or something like that), which seems kinda pointless and I’m sure it’ll end up on YouTube.

There is a bonus disc exclusive to this set;

To honor the 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Alamo Drafthouse reunited Middle-earth’s finest for three Special conversations hosted by Stephen Colbert.
Also included is The Festival De Cannes Presentation Reel.

Notice the sword (Sting) on the slipcase of the first Hobbit film. It's a continuity error, as in that period it still doesn't have its engravings (...spider's bane...) written on the blade and crossguard (only since The Fellowship).

This is how it's supposed to look:

71mOQV8-GzL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Amazon live to pre order
Price at the moment is $249.99

The amazon price will drop to less before release date at the moment it's listing MSRP
Pre order price promise will auto reduce price when drops

Back of Box Set Jcard

91el1pa0g0L._SL1500_.jpg

They are not seriously to include the DVD versions, are they?!

But anyway: 51 discs... most people probably don't own that many different movies on physical media these days...
Yes i would agree with that i dont know of any other person that collects media these days i am slowly getting there also

They are not seriously to include the DVD versions, are they?!

But anyway: 51 discs... most people probably don't own that many different movies on physical media these days...
Even if they included the extras, why not combine the 6 DVDs onto a single blu-ray (for LOTR). It'd make life a lot easier.

There's at least 21 DVDs and BDs of extras missing here, but, you know what, I don't care! Because I bought all the previous editions, including those with cardboard/plastic lid-windows with Costa Botes doc discs, when they were exclusive to those releases.
And most of you all did too, so maybe quit whining - why would you want to buy everything all over again, or make your previous editions useless? This way they all matter, and not just for packaging.
Speaking of which, after getting the two steelbook trilogies very recently, I'd be buying this only for packaging (and that 1 extra disc), so anyone know if those 6 separate folder looking things are digipacks? That would make it worth it!

This really isn't worth it on imho, I already have TLOTR and The Hobbit each in their own box set and it's cheaper to get each set individually than get this. Just look at all the bad reviews this got on the Amazon page and you be the judge as to whether you should get it or not, I sure as hell wouldn't.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - $75
The Hobbit Trilogy - $74
Total - $149

This set for a small booklet, a few cards and a fancy paperboard box isn't worth the extra $100 imho.

Reactions: Lenny Nero