CW1.jpg

Scornful Aether-Lich by Steve Belledin - Framed
SA2.jpg

Pre-Frame
SA1.jpg

Drizzt Hunters Blades Watercolor by Matt WIlliams
Drizzt.JPG

Last edited:
New Framed Art, one piece is still at Michael's cause the inner mat was not cut right, will be ready tomorrow

The Dragons came home

I am crazy, technically the top and bottom is even but side to side is a minute amount off, the bottom of the vertical base is even, but the top is off by 1/16 of an inch. the odder part is that i was told the outer mat would be 1 8/16 inches but it is actually less at around 1 5/16 of an inch

IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

The Drow will need to be worked on
IMAG0833.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: justboy
@justboy I know no one will notice, it took me a ruler to notice, but I am the crazy person that will take a ruler to it to see that it is off :wow:

more surprising to me is the fact that there was supposed to be a 1.5 (8/16) mat on the outer mat and instead I got 1 5/16

@justboy I know no one will notice, it took me a ruler to notice, but I am the crazy person that will take a ruler to it to see that it is off :wow:

more surprising to me is the fact that there was supposed to be a 1.5 (8/16) mat on the outer mat and instead I got 1 5/16

They looks great... the frame choice on the first one perfect.

The reason the second mat came out a bit short could be due to various reasons including small error when first measuring up the piece for framing for a double mat and they adjusted after when actually cutting the mats.

But I will say this I do some framing work on the side and when I measure a 2" outer mat, I measure it based on the dimensions of the frame from the backside of rabbet to the side rabbet. When its all put together and you look at it from the front, 1/8" of each side gets taken away because its hidden behind the rabbet now for a total of 1/4" (sometimes its 3/16", just depends due to tolerances) hidden behind rabbets of the frame leaving a visible mat at total length that is 1/4 (or 3/16") short. If I wanted the outer mat to have a visible 2" I would have to make the frame 1/4" bigger and cut the mat at 2 1/4". <<< If that make any sense. The 3/16" the outer mat is off seems like it got hidden behind the rabbets of the frame as the person who framed it did not frame for a visible 1 8/16" but from the back which would make it 1 5/16" roughly. ** Just thinking aloud what might have happened **

@Jason Bourne I fully understand what you mean. the issue to me is that they use a computer to enter in the numbers and it asked how much of a mat do you want, so when he entered 1.5 he was talking to me about a visible 1.5 outer mat. In fact I wanted a narrower mat and he convinced me to go a drop larger. I mean it is so close no one will notice but still just very odd.

also even though it is smaller there was no price difference between the two options otherwise i really would feel cheated

but thanks to you and @justboy for the approval of the frame jobs, they both really came out well, wait until you see a better image of the drow!

Reactions: Jason Bourne