Moana (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release Date: March 7, 2017
Purchase links: 2D Edition - 3D Edition
Price: $34.99 $27.99 (2D) - $37.99 $32.99 (3D)

Confirmed By: Sir Wreck'm - gloss finish with debossed title

moana-bb-jpg.286202

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped in BB yesterday to pickup Passengers. They had one lone 2D copy of Moana. I knew why it was there, but I had to find it. Sure enough, spine slash.

Not sure if asking in this thread is taboo or not, so if so, my apologizes.

I missed the boat on this release and a search didn't return any results for a Group Buy. Does anyone have a copy, 3D or not, that they'd be willing to part with?

Not sure if asking in this thread is taboo or not, so if so, my apologizes.

I missed the boat on this release and a search didn't return any results for a Group Buy. Does anyone have a copy, 3D or not, that they'd be willing to part with?

2D and 3D are currently back in stock.

Reactions: Thwip
Wow so the price was decent on release week when they had only 2 copies per store. And is now back to a ridiculous price!

Yeah, unfortunately this is standard practice from Best Buy.

Not to say Disney steelbook prices have been very easy to swallow lately anyway....

I just wish that they had had a decent amount of stock during release week. I don't know why they make it so hard for us to spend our money!!

I just wish that they had had a decent amount of stock during release week. I don't know why they make it so hard for us to spend our money!!

Wonder if that's a new part of their strategy - to make it "rare" so you have visit the store or order ahead of time to get that "rare" copy.

They do a lot of strange things sometimes. :confused:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
No defending anyone here - just exploring: During release week, the 2D edition was $7 off and the 3D edition was $5 off. Plus the MSRP for the 3D edition is $3 more than the 3D edition for Doctor Strange and $8 more than the Passengers 4K/3D SteelBook. Yeah Disney is squeezing consumers...

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom and JCC
One of my friends got this yesterday and it is stunning in hand. The title treatment makes it look much like actual Disney poster artwork (whilst the European one without the title just looks a bit lazy) and feels like a premium release. I'm fairly certain the the Zavvi one will be gloss but to me it just seems strange without the title.

Pic from my Instagram of it.

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 16.32.43.png

Last edited: