Modifying SteelBooks

Feb 17, 2010
Share how you modify your Steelbooks here.

diy1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a tough time printing some internal art at the right size. I've used the gimp template 783/483 pixels and then printed but no matter what program/settings I use it's just a bit too small.

I've done it before so not sure where I'm going wrong. Any help gladly appreciated

I'm having a tough time printing some internal art at the right size. I've used the gimp template 783/483 pixels and then printed but no matter what program/settings I use it's just a bit too small.

I've done it before so not sure where I'm going wrong. Any help gladly appreciated
Sorry I didn't see your post until just now, here's the correct sized template for internal art.

Attachments

• LargeTemp_01.png
    LargeTemp_01.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,245
I know there’s no law against DIY art mods, but for the vendors selling cover magnets and spines or lenticulars on eBay and etsy, don’t they get a lot of copyright takedowns?

It sounds like a fun idea to create dream custom artwork for movie collectors and be able to monetise the effort, but isn’t it high risk?

I know there’s no law against DIY art mods, but for the vendors selling cover magnets and spines or lenticulars on eBay and etsy, don’t they get a lot of copyright takedowns?

It sounds like a fun idea to create dream custom artwork for movie collectors and be able to monetise the effort, but isn’t it high risk?
I think Esty is more like a private selling to a private?

I think Esty is more like a private selling to a private?
I used to do it years ago for a video store - they were a small independent and had a very specific design motif that I created for them which integrated the store’s information and any product specifics into a custom artwork theme which was produced by digitally compositing elements from each movie’s sleeve into a duotone stylised design so that each movie looked like the movie it was when rented out, but had a store specific design. Took a lot of work and a lot of maintenance to upkeep, and I’ve always wanted to go back to having a reason to play with cover designs but I’d be too scared of being sued if I showed them, let alone sold copies...

i can dream, however....

• Friendly
Reactions: BluCrazy2
Could anyone help out with custom interior artwork for steelbooks?

I'm making some custom steelbooks using agents but I need some help with the interior artwork. I need help with designs and printing, I'd do it myself but my designs don't look too great and my printer sucks.

Could anyone help out with custom interior artwork for steelbooks?

I'm making some custom steelbooks using agents but I need some help with the interior artwork. I need help with designs and printing, I'd do it myself but my designs don't look too great and my printer sucks.
I use the following pages to look for designs:
Printing you'll need to handle locally ;)

Reactions: MrSquifler
Hi everyone,

just received a Cyberpunk 2077 SteelBook which was damaged in transit.
There was a dent, but I was able to fix it.
But the plastic inlay is broken :(
The spine is outwards when it is closed.
Is it possible to buy replacement inlays? In this case for two discs.

Or do I have to look for some SteelBooks which are on sale and have 2 discs?

Cheers!

Just been scanning through this thread but can’t quite find how others have replaced the steel book plastic inners with 1 disc holder for one that holds 2/3 discs.

Can the plastic innerds be purchased anywhere?

Im also upgrading a couple sets with 4K discs but they only hold 1 disc. Would rather replace the innerds otherwise will resort to the plastic hubs and stick it to the opposite side.

Just been scanning through this thread but can’t quite find how others have replaced the steel book plastic inners with 1 disc holder for one that holds 2/3 discs.

Can the plastic innerds be purchased anywhere?

Im also upgrading a couple sets with 4K discs but they only hold 1 disc. Would rather replace the innerds otherwise will resort to the plastic hubs and stick it to the opposite side.
No, you can't. You can try looking at eBay for some cheap steelbooks

• Informative
Reactions: Behold